Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Furniture grade baltic ply.

• 02-10-2018 11:27am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭

Anybody know where I can source best quality Baltic ply in 18 and 12 mm ? It seems to have a BB/BB rating which guarantees at least one blemish free side.
    I have bought ply in the past with dozens of patches which is a no no for fine furniture.
    I was thinking also of making laminated components with bendy ply - as long as the edge is the same quality as Baltic ply. Anybody know a source for this ?

cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Strahan in Rathcoole should have it also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

I've been using 12mm furniture grade birch ply, recently, got two sheets and noticed that one of the sheets had a single patch on it. Guess you could go through the sheets and pull out the best if needs be. Other than that pretty clean. I got it in Declan Byrne & Sons, Carlow. Great supplier, they also do the short and long grain bendy ply.

SpitfireIV wrote: »
    I've been using 12mm furniture grade birch ply, recently, got two sheets and noticed that one of the sheets had a single patch on it. Guess you could go through the sheets and pull out the best if needs be. Other than that pretty clean. I got it in Declan Byrne & Sons, Carlow. Great supplier, they also do the short and long grain bendy ply.

That’s normal. 1 side should be clear, the other might have a dutchman type patch.

Advertisement