Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deontay Wilder v Tyson Fury - December 1st

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,044 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Draw
    He said he is giving all the money to homeless charities anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭hbhook

Fury should also try to use that extra poundage and lean on Wilder where safe to do so.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Checkmate19

Draw
    Anyone know can u order to watch on PC if no euro bt sky sports.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭selectamatic

Wilder Points
    He said he is giving all the money to homeless charities anyway.

He also said he ate a big feed of uncastrated wild boar in the run up to his fight with Hammer.

Fury says a lot of things...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Wilder Points
    I keep changing my mind. Just watched a few full fights of each and I'm swaying towards Fury again. The Pianeta performance was nowhere near as bad as advertised.

Think it’s one of those fights where the result will seem very obvious after the event. Think the size of the ring is something that isn't being discussed enough. Ring is 20ft. Fury had a 24ft ring in the Klitschko fight. Surely thats big time advantage Wilder especially in the latter rounds when Fury is knackered and looking for breathing space. I'm stuck on whether I'm predicting late Wilder KO with Fury clearly up on the cards or Fury to hold on and win on points. I do think a Fury KO is on the table far more than people suggest. Very good chance Wilder gets at least buzzed at some stage especially if he starts really going for it and letting his hands go.

Never been so indecisive about a fight. Think I'm going to go heart over head and say Fury does it on points.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56,142 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Wilder Points
    I’m throwing out another scenario...Fury looking really inept...?

It lasting a few rds at most with Fury having next to no success...

He is not near the same as he was a few years ago...that I feel..

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Og81

Draw
    walshb wrote: »
    I’m throwing out another scenario...Fury looking really inept...?

It lasting a few rds at most with Fury having next to no success...

He is not near the same as he was a few years ago...that I feel..

You don’t lose talent, you gain a rust. If Wilder comes heavy from the bell and fury gets past 5 6 without taking a whole lot. It’s a fury W. Wilder needs to get the job done quickly, none of us know how ring sharp Tyson is at present.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Angliru

Draw
    Don't see how Fury doesn't have some degree of success. If Arthur Szpilka can cause Wilder trouble even a corpse of Fury can do likewise at least for a while. Whether he wins or loses, it is extremely unlikely he looks like a complete journeyman out there.

Draw
    He also said he ate a big feed of uncastrated wild boar in the run up to his fight with Hammer.

Fury says a lot of things...

:):pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

Wilder Points
    I'll be setting the alarm for this

What time is the ringwalk expected?

Thanks guys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,357 ✭✭✭megadodge

Draw
    Morrison J wrote: »
    I keep changing my mind. Just watched a few full fights of each and I'm swaying towards Fury again. The Pianeta performance was nowhere near as bad as advertised.

Correct.

Nice to see someone thinking independently around here.

Wilder Points
    I'll be setting the alarm for this

What time is the ringwalk expected?

Thanks guys

Ring walk circa 04:45 hrs.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭hbhook

I kinda feel like it might be exciting, boring or something crazy might happen. I think though that Wilder will get a bit bamboozled in the early rounds and then start to just load up by 5/6.

Wilder Points
    Who’s showing the Quebec card tonight with Adonis?

Draw
    to get the fight on eir do you need to have eir for the online stream anyone know.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Wilder Points
    What time is the fight on

Draw

• Registered Users Posts: 16,828 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Wilder Points
    Who’s showing the Quebec card tonight with Adonis?

It's on regular showtime. Sky, BT or Box Nation aren't showing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Wilder Points
    My cousin in L.A. was saying there isn't too much hype over there. Decent crowd of English around yesterday but otherwise quiet.
    Watching all access now. Good for setting mood

Draw
    Apparently stadium not sold out loads of tickets available.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭anthonyjmaher

Apparently stadium not sold out loads of tickets available.

Yeah Hatman (on Youtube) has been saying that tickets sales were slow right from the off. The American people just don't care about Deontay Wilder. A lot of people initially thought that this fight was just announced to wind up Eddie Hearn, so maybe that put a lot of people off it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

Wilder Points
    Lots of complaints in Twitter that tickets were far too expensive, which is being blamed for poor sales more so tha lack of exposure. Lots being given away free apparently to make the arena look full.

Draw
    But will it play the recording?

I did that with Bellew/Usyk...

Sky let me record, but when I then tried to watch the recording it wouldn’t play..

I recorded the first few minutes there and watched it back. Seems to be working fine. Now just to remember to hit record again before going to bed....

Wilder Points
    I recorded the first few minutes there and watched it back. Seems to be working fine. Now just to remember to hit record again before going to bed....

Did the same...

I have it manually recording now...pick start and end time..

Hitting the scratcher and getting up at 4.15 just in case my recording doesn’t work.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭the deftone

Draw
    anyone elses bt sport box office not working? Just a coloured screen for me...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,899 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Fury KO
    Why can't I just order this on my handset.

Will give it a miss then.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Draw
    “The Resistible Force vs The Movable Object” by @jmcd https://link.medium.com/e3v7tYa3iS

^ my own thoughts on this, as eloquently as I can put them. Kinda made a prediction, but I actually can't call this one. I really, really want Fury to win.

Wilder Points
    UK, Mexican and Canadian judging tonight...

No American.......but an American ref!

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭John Sacrimoni

Draw
    Sorry to go off topic but does anyone give Adonis much of a chance tonight? 11/8 seems a good price for him, i havent seen much of Gvozdyk.

• Advertisement

Wilder Points
    Sorry to go off topic but does anyone give Adonis much of a chance tonight? 11/8 seems a good price for him, i havent seen much of Gvozdyk.

I think the bookies are placing too much emphasis on his age and his draw with Jack..

The Ukraine boxer has fought nobody really...

Stevenson will not be beaten easily...

Saw bits of bobs on the Ukraine lad....he’s technically good.

Not particularly fast, and was buzzed couple times by lesser punchers than Adonis..

I think Stevenson gets to him, hurts him and knocks him out..unless he has aged overnight.

Advertisement