Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deontay Wilder v Tyson Fury - December 1st

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,600 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Wilder Points
    Try_harder wrote: »
    But he isnt as powerful as Wilder. How can he KO Fury? Or will AJ just win on points?

He’s 30 lbs heavier than Wilder. And is a very good puncher. With more accuracy and cleanness...physically as well he would do a much better job in close..

Credit to Fury tonight, but he is a KO waiting to happen. The few decent shots Wilder landed and Tyson was in big trouble..and Wilder has landed heaviercand cleaner shots than tonight..

Boxing fans with any knowledge should see Fury’s clear weaknesses...

One thing: had Tyson more venom he could have gotten Wilder out of there...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Wilder Points
    ASOT wrote: »
    Middle card was added wrong also. Should be 114-112.

The fairest score imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Wilder Points
    At least all gave Wilder R1 lol

Wilder Points
    Morrison J wrote: »
    Surely you can you string at least one or two sentences of credit for Fury together before moving on..

Hold on...

Go read through my fight posts....

He did a lot better than I expected. Hats off...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Wilder Points
    Nobody gave Fury the first 4 rounds looking at those cards.

Yh I made a mistake, it was 2, 3 & 4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,690 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Scoring is subjective

That's the problem. It open to corruption.

Nobody doing anything about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭John Sacrimoni

Draw
    Fury needs to get out and fight again soon enough, he needs to have something to focus on or he will go off the deep end again.. Hope to see him fight again around March.

Wilder Points
    RoboKlopp wrote: »
    That's the problem. It open to corruption.

Nobody doing anything about it.

You cant because if you want to go punches landed you turn it into fencing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

walshb wrote: »
    But as tonight showed, still very vulnerable. AJs a more dangerous offensive puncher in the sense of accuracy and cleanliness. He would not be missing near as much as Wilder..

True. But without the same power as wilder does it allow fury to be more offensive. There was a few times tonight I thought he would let loose but he had to respect Wilders power. AJ has power too so he can't just throw caution to the wind but I'd wonder if fury would bully him a bit more

• Advertisement

Wilder Points
    Fury needs to get out and fight again soon enough, he needs to have something to focus on or he will go off the deep end again.. Hope to see him fight again around March.

This rematch in June?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Wilder Points
    Well, I can only go on what I saw. He looked to be temporarily knocked out. Similar to Holmes v Shavers....canvas may have helped wake him...

You can spin it any way you like to avoid giving Fury credit, however the fact is it was incredible how Fury managed to get back up( he was out before he hit the canvas). I don't blame Fury if he is not keen on a rematch in the states after that travesty. The poster here saying a draw was a fair result must be on a wind up. Also if Wilder could not knock out Fury, i don't see how Joshua, who doesn't hit as hard Wilder, will do so.

Wilder Points
    Instead of the usual whingeing about scoring why not post your cards and explain your scores per rd....?

Fury deserved it for me, but 113/113 is not a robbery..

7/5 Fury.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

You can say that Fury was ahead on points technically, but reason we love boxing is because of nights like tonight and for that I think wilder deserves not to lose. To go into the 12th knowing you have to knock him out to win, and then to do it. And then for him to get up at the last second. Tonight there are no losers. Wonderful to see both fighters so respectful at the end. What a glorious comeback for fury and I cannot wait for the rematch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    How can 2 judges give one fighter the first 4 rounds and then the other judge give the other fighter the first 4 rounds. Its pure corrupt.

https://twitter.com/ArashMarkazi/status/1069111341003157504?s=19

They all agreed on 6 rounds and two of those are abbots as 10 8s

Wilder Points
    You can spin it any way you like to avoid giving Fury credit, however the fact is it was incredible how Fury managed to get back up( he was out before he hit the canvas). I don't blame Fury if he is not keen on a rematch in the states after that travesty. The poster here saying a draw was a fair result must be on a wind up. Also if Wilder could not knock out Fury, i don't see how Joshua, who doesn't hit as hard Wilder, will do so.

You think it’s down to single shot power?

Sorry, that shows a clear lack of understanding of punching...

AJ hits very heavy, but is a far better combination puncher than Wilder..

Cleaner and more accurate...

Plus, he had enough power in a single shot to badly trouble Fury...

Or do you disagree?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,258 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

He will be ok for a month at least, he is fairly focused on Christmas Dinner.

Wilder Points
    7-5 but 2 of 5 are 10-8 so Draw

Wilder Points
    All I can say is: Praise Jesus! Can I get an Amen up in here?

Wilder Points
    One more thing... the actual shots that dropped Fury...are folks really thinking that AJ couldn’t generate that power?

Go watch more of Wilder. He has landed cleaner and heavier on other opponents...

• Advertisement

Wilder Points
    One more thing... the actual shots that dropped Fury...are folks really thinking that AJ couldnt generate that power?

Go watch more of Wildrr. He has landed cleaner and heavier on other opponents...

The ghost of Steve Jobs?

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭cocaliquid

7-5 but 2 of 5 are 10-8 so Draw

:rolleyes: troll

Wilder Points
    cocaliquid wrote: »
    :rolleyes: troll

Post your card and rd scores so! Try come back with some substance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,690 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

You cant because if you want to go punches landed you turn it into fencing.

You could measure power of punches and punches landed for a start. The technology is probably there already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,908 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Wilder Points
    Always said Fury has great recuperative powers. He's not chinny in the slightest.

I hope tonight is the last we ever hear of Steve Cunningham's name. The most irrelevant knockdown ever. You'll literally have to pin Fury down to the canvas to knock him down.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

One more thing... the actual shots that dropped Fury...are folks really thinking that AJ couldn’t generate that power?

Go watch more of Wilder. He has landed cleaner and heavier on other opponents...

Even if he can't generate as much power there'll definitely be more shots following up after with Joshua than what wilder threw tonight, and maybe with more variation and composure from Joshua too. I think AJ can set things up better than wilder which could give Fury far more trouble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Wilder Points
    You think it’s down to single shot power?

Plus, he had enough power in a single shot to badly trouble Fury...

Or do you disagree?

I do.

I don't believe Joshua will land regularly on Fury. Joshua does not possess the single punch power of Wilder to knock Fury out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Here's how I'd score it:

10-9
    9-10
    10-9
    10-9
    10-9
    10-9
    10-9
    10-9
    8-10
    10-9
    10-9
    8-10

115-111

Even if you find another 10-9 round for Wilder, it still would be an easy win for Tyson.

Wilder Points
    RoboKlopp wrote: »
    You could measure power of punches and punches landed for a start. The technology is probably there already.

And what would it be power*punches???

• Advertisement

Wilder Points
    Morrison J wrote: »
    Always said Fury has great recuperative powers. He's not chinny in the slightest.

I hope tonight is the last we ever hear of Steve Cunningham's name. The most irrelevant knockdown ever. You'll literally have to pin Fury down to the canvas to knock him down.

Ah come off it now. He is chinny. He gets dropped and hurt...

Even as a fan you can’t deny this...

Yes, he has bounced back, but so have plenty of chinny fighters. He does not take a punch that good...

Had AJ been in there he would have been wiped out...

Just because he got up, barely at the end doesn’t change anything...

He will not get away with that all the time... Wilder just hadn’t the finishing gas or ability...

Advertisement