Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deontay Wilder v Tyson Fury - December 1st

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Wilder Points
    Here's how I'd score it:

10-9
    9-10
    10-9
    10-9
    10-9
    10-9
    10-9
    10-9
    8-10
    10-9
    10-9
    8-10

115-111

Even if you find another 10-9 round for Wilder, it still would be an easy win for Tyson.

So even tho al 3 judges gave Wilder the 1st- you dont

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

Wilder Points
    Anyone else think the count was a little slow?

Wilder Points
    Anyone else think the count was a little slow?

Harry Kane could think faster...

• Registered Users Posts: 56,164 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Wilder Points
    I do.

I don't believe Joshua will land regularly on Fury. Joshua does not possess the single punch power of Wilder to knock Fury out.

I cannot see how you think this..

How do you know that single shot power is so clear in Wilder’s favor?

Have you measured it?

Their KO record, which is just a statistic is very close...

The shots that AJ finished AP with were more powerful and clean IMO than what dropped Tyson in rd 12 tonight...watch the tapes..

Wilder Points
    Morrison J wrote: »

I hope tonight is the last we ever hear of Steve Cunningham's name. The most irrelevant knockdown ever. You'll literally have to pin Fury down to the canvas to knock him down.

Keep him down, you mean?

I’ll ask you....

AJs punches that took AP out...you think Wilder’s shots tonight were cleaner/heavier?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Draw
    I had it 8-4 to Fury and with the two knockdowns that has him winning by 2 points.
    For an even scorecard I only have to find one more round to Wilder (which is not out of the question) so a draw is not unfair. The Mexican’s card is a joke though.

Anyway the knockdowns really hurt fury because he would have won both rounds 10-9 without them, so each KD is a 3 point swing into an 8-10 round.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Try_harder wrote: »
    So even tho al 3 judges gave Wilder the 1st- you dont

Nope, and neither did many on here watching, scroll back.

It was tight round but Fury won that round for me with his right counter at the death but like I said, even with another 10-9 (give him that round if you like) he still doesn't win.

Where's the fifth round he won? Not a chance. Really bad call by that judge.

Wilder Points
    Tapes... proper old school

Wilder Points
    Rds 1 I gave to Wilder...Fury had a good last flurry, but up to that, Wilder won the rd.

Wilder Points

It was tight round but Fury won that round for me with his right counter at the death but like I said, even with another 10-9 (give him that round if you like) he still doesn't win.

Its now 1 round. 8 could be given to Wilder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Draw

I gave Wilder 2 and 4. The first was close.
    2 of the judges gave Wilder the 7th as well so I would have to look at that one again.
    A draw is not outrageous.

Wilder Points
    walshb wrote: »
    Rds 1 I gave to Wilder...Fury had a good last flurry, but up to that, Wilder won the rd.

Round 12 is 10-8 had to be

Wilder Points
    I gave Wilder 2 and 4. The first was close.
    2 of the judges gave Wilder the 7th as well so I would have to look at that one again.
    A draw is not outrageous.

That is all I am saying

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

Fury Points
    I cannot see how you think this..

How do you know that single shot power is so clear in Wilder’s favor?

Have you measured it?

Their KO record, which is just a statistic is very close...

The shots that AJ finished AP with were more powerful and clean IMO than what dropped Tyson in rd 12 tonight...watch the tapes..

Go watch their stoppages and note how many of Wilder's fights end with the opponent on their back, and how many of Joshua's end with the opponent on their feet taking shots and not throwing back. Report back.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

Tyson is singing American pie at the press conference...lol

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Its now 1 round. 8 could be given to Wilder.

Round 8 wasn't close. Fury comprehensibly outboxed him.

I'm off to bed. Really enjoyable fight anyway. Certainly be interested in seeing a rematch.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Wilder Points
    darced wrote: »
    Tyson is singing American pie at the press conference...lol

Worse things have happened at sea :pac:

Wilder Points
    Round 8 wasn't close. Fury comprehensibly outboxed him.

I'm off to bed. Really enjoyable fight anyway. Certainly be interested in a rematch.

Cant wait for the rematch Wilder v Fury & Jesus

Wilder Points
    blade1 wrote: »
    Worse things have happened at sea :pac:

Better than that fooking country song

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Mookie Blaylock

Wilder Points
    Cant wait for the rematch Wilder v Fury & Jesus

Is that the name of the Mexican judge?

:D:D

• Advertisement

Wilder Points
    Is that the name of the Mexican judge?

:D:D

No its the name of the guy that lifted Fury off the canvas!

Wilder Points
    Go watch their stoppages and note how many of Wilder's fights end with the opponent on their back, and how many of Joshua's end with the opponent on their feet taking shots and not throwing back. Report back.

And you report back when you have this clear proof that Wilder hits harder...

Also, I will ask you....in relation to this fight, are you saying that AJ would not generate the power that Wilder generates in rd 12 to drop Fury?

Watch more of Wilder and you will see he has landed heavier and cleaner in previous fights..

No issue with anyone saying AJ or Wilder hits harder than the other...they both are very heavy handed. That is the point..

But....punching wise, AJ is clearly the bettter overall puncher...if folks cannot see this they have no clue about punching...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Wilder Points
    Ah come off it now. He is chinny. He gets dropped and hurt...

Even as a fan you can’t deny this...

Yes, he has bounced back, but so have plenty of chinny fighters. He does not take a punch that good...

Had AJ been in there he would have been wiped out...

Just because he got up, barely at the end doesn’t change anything...

He will not get away with that all the time... Wilder just hadn’t the finishing gas or ability...

He just went 12 rounds with the biggest P4P puncher in the sport. He definitely isn't chinny. He wasn't even hurt by the first knockdown. More a balance shot than anything.

AJ won't wipe him out. Did you see AJ fight Parker? How many clean punches did AJ land?

Wilder Points
    Fury in the presser is sure there will be a second fight

• Registered Users Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Wilder Points

Is anyone not?

Wilder Points
    What a great end to a great night

Wilder Points
    blade1 wrote: »
    Is anyone not?

Wilder?

Wilder Points
    Morrison J wrote: »
    He just went 12 rounds with the biggest P4P puncher in the sport. He definitely isn't chinny. He wasn't even hurt by the first knockdown. More a balance shot than anything.

AJ won't wipe him out. Did you see AJ fight Parker? How many clean punches did AJ land?

I agree. First KD was odd. Not really hurt.

Still think overall he is chinny, even agreeing with you on recuperation..

In other words, you’d not have confidence at all in the chin against big hitters like you would with say an Ali or another steel chinned HW

You need to look at his career. Dropped, wobbled and badly hurt several times...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

Wilder Points

Hearn said there was a rematch clause if Fury won which would rule Wilder out for April. Dont know how a draw impacts that.

Its probably the biggest money fight for Wilder though, despite the risks. AJ will fight Whyte, who else is there? If he wants exposure in America, hes not going to get it fighting Breazele

• Advertisement

Wilder Points
    Hearn said there was a rematch clause if Fury won which would rule Wilder out for April. Dont know how a draw impacts that.

Its probably the biggest money fight for Wilder though, despite the risks. AJ will fight Whyte, who else is there? If he wants exposure in America, hes not going to get it fighting Breazele

I think Wilder v Fury 2 happens by May...... AJ to fight Big Baby.....he's making a lot of noise in the press and it would be the most interesting fight for AJ (not the best)

Advertisement