Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deontay Wilder v Tyson Fury - December 1st

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,908 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Wilder Points
    walshb wrote: »
    I agree. First KD was odd. Not really hurt.

Still think overall he is chinny, even agreeing with you on recuperation..

In other words, you’d not have confidence at all in the chin against big hitters like you would with say an Ali or another steel chinned HW

You need to look at his career. Dropped, wobbled and badly hurt several times...

Tonight was the first time I'd say he was ever what I'd call badly hurt. He was unconscious but came back and was on the front foot by the end of the same round. He's a freak when it comes to recuperation. Larry Holmes-esque

Wilder Points
    AJ wants nothing to do with these two till 2020 at the earliest. Not sure why anyone is even giving him the time of day on here. Give the two fighters who are willing to dare to be great their due.

Wilder Points
    Also hope this performance adds some credence to Fury's win over Wlad. It was simply not an off not by Klitschko. Fury is just that good.

I honestly don't know how anyone can watch him go 24 rounds against the two biggest punchers in the heavyweight division and not be anything but massively impressed. He's quite comfortably the best heavyweight alive today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

Wilder Points
    Morrison J wrote: »
    AJ wants nothing to do with these two till 2020 at the earliest. Not sure why anyone is even giving him the time of day on here. Give the two fighters who are willing to dare to be great their due.

Im not certain about AJ, but Hearn definitely doesnt want to risk his Wembley cash cow. Tonight makes it a bit harder to avoid them though, I think.

And if Usyk transitions to HW well, he wont be put within an asses roar of AJ either. Id expect him to fight Whyte and Miller next year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭veganrun

Do BT show the fight on their normal channels (non Box office) a few days later like Sky do?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Wilder Points
    veganrun wrote: »
    Do BT show the fight on their normal channels (non Box office) a few days later like Sky do?

Presume it will be on BoxNation or BT soon enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,803 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Draw
    Hearn will not take the Wilder fight to risky for his cash cow,

Great fight last night I felt Fury won and quite obviously, I know it was close and he was a hair fro getting ko'd but felt he simply won more rounds,

A rematch would be very interesting s Wilder now knows how it feels to be in there with Fury but Fury will be a lot fitter and stronger in the rematch,

I felt Fury only got caught as he started to tire,

Good fight though which was great to see,

Wilder Points
    Im not certain about AJ, but Hearn definitely doesnt want to risk his Wembley cash cow. Tonight makes it a bit harder to avoid them though, I think.

And if Usyk transitions to HW well, he wont be put within an asses roar of AJ either. Id expect him to fight Whyte and Miller next year

I think tonight changes a lot. I'm not sure a Joshua-Wilder fight makes financial sense for Wembley anymore. I think if any of the three fight each other it may have to be Vegas unless Joshua is happy to take a hit to have it on home soil. Joshua-Wilder does massive US PPV numbers now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,158 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

I agree. First KD was odd. Not really hurt.

Still think overall he is chinny, even agreeing with you on recuperation..

In other words, you’d not have confidence at all in the chin against big hitters like you would with say an Ali or another steel chinned HW

You need to look at his career. Dropped, wobbled and badly hurt several times...

You must see aj as chinny also?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

Wilder Points
    Morrison J wrote: »
    I think tonight changes a lot. I'm not sure a Joshua-Wilder fight makes financial sense for Wembley anymore. I think if any of the three fight each other it may have to be Vegas unless Joshua is happy to take a hit to have it on home soil. Joshua-Wilder does massive US PPV numbers now.

Theyre going to have to get AJ out of the UK for that to happen. He's obviously a huge name this side of the water but for all Matchrooms talk of AJ being the A side, Im not sure hes a massive US draw unless he fights there first. I definitely dont think Wilder will be his US debut, which may be where Miller comes in

• Advertisement

Wilder Points
    Theyre going to have to get AJ out of the UK for that to happen. He's obviously a huge name this side of the water but for all Matchrooms talk of AJ being the A side, Im not sure hes a massive US draw unless he fights there first. I definitely dont think Wilder will be his US debut, which may be where Miller comes in

Yep Miller is a cert. I think AJ will fight Whyte in April and then make his US Debut against Miller in the Autumn. Really can't see him stepping up till 2020 at the earliest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,082 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Draw
    First off great to see two heavies going at it, we need more of the best vs the best in all divisions.

Dissapointed for Fury thought he gave an excellent performance all things considered. Thought he snuck it but a draw isn't complete robbery imo, considering the two 10-8 rounds Wilder just had to win two more which I think he won the first and a couple more were close.

Fight pretty much went as we all expected, Fury schooling him with wilder having the dynamite fists looking for the KO. How Tyson got up in the 12th I'll never know but as he's often said if you want to knock him out you'll have to nail him to the canvas.

This fight was probably always going to a rematch anyway. You'd have to think the Fight brought Tyson on much more and he shook off alot of the rust. Having said that it gave Wilder a good opportunity to try work out the awkward style. Hopefully the rematch will go ahead, Fury needs it to keep focused and not go off the deep end again.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,600 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Wilder Points
    Cyrus wrote: »
    You must see aj as chinny also?

I have made several points on his chin...

Yes, not really confident/sold on his chin...

I would have more confidence in it than Fury’s..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Draw
    Had it 114-112 Fury myself. Whatever judge had it wilder by 4 needs to never be let near a professional fight again and I think the draw call was someone playing the home crowd but couldn't justify giving Wilder the win so played it safe.

Draw
    Try_harder wrote: »
    Round 12 is 10-8 had to be

I had 9 and 12 as 10-8, although I think giving 9 as a 10-8 is generous.

I had Fury winning 8 rounds and wilder winning 4 with 2 10-8's.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Auroras_encore

Fury by four but I'm not impressed wilder is a woeful boxer, Joshua will beat both

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭anthonyjmaher

I'd planned on getting a HD copy of this and watching properly, but YouTube notifications spoiling this on me at about 7.30. So I watched it.

Very impressed with both guys. Wilder was patient, made himself elusive, two good knockdowns. Fury, impressed by his fitness (given where he's come from), and unbelievably brave and strong to come back from that second knockdown. The video I watched of the fight (which was highlights) seemed to have it for Wilder, but most of you seem to have it for Fury.

What a fight to re-ignite the heavyweight division though. Most exciting fight I've ever seen a Fury in be that Tyson, Hughie or John!! This might be enough to get Warren out of bankruptcy.

edit: Warren not Hearn how could I make that mistake!

Wilder Points
    Really need to start muting Sky and BoxNation. Their commentary is so biased...

Fury did well, and was winning rds and nicking scores, but Jesus the lads commentary was way OTT. Times where he was landing nothing and they were wetting their pants with praise...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,875 ✭✭✭squinn2912

Draw
    Few disgruntled men here as nobody gets to say I told you so! Those predicting a fury win on points take away a bit more credit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Wilder Points
    squinn2912 wrote: »
    Few disgruntled men here as nobody gets to say I told you so! Those predicting a fury win on points take away a bit more credit

Wilder knockout was nearly spot on too!:)

• Advertisement

Wilder Points

Yes. Big time..

Although the Wilder KO crew were agonizingly close.

I don’t think anyone would have criticized the ref had he waved off the fight without counting that heavy KD in rd 12..

Draw
    Really need to start muting Sky and BoxNation. Their commentary is so biased...

Fury did well, and was winning rds and nicking scores, but Jesus the lads commentary was way OTT. Times where he was landing nothing and they were wetting their pants with praise...

I watched it in Spanish with Mexican commentators, still had Fury winning and was cruising to a win if it wasn't for the two knockdowns.

Your wish to dismiss people giving it to Fury by a few rounds to commentary bias is embarrassing.

I get that it's your schtick to be the contrarian who bullishly sticks to your guns despite all the evidence, but just be objective, for once, and admit Fury won and admit that the 115-111 call was a shambles.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭anthonyjmaher

Just watching the post fight press conference. Tyson said that he didn't complain about the result and told his family not to complain as he said that "there were about 8000 Travellers and people from the UK, and if he had instigated it they would have trashed the place"!

Seems like the moratorium on the name "AJ" is over as well. Fury said that if Wilder fought AJ, AJ simply would not be able to get out of the way of the punches cos he's too stiff. And he could well be right.

Draw
    The video I watched of the fight (which was highlights) seemed to have it for Wilder, but most of you seem to have it for Fury.

You could make a 10 minute video of any 12 round fight and have it looking like the loser won. Literally any fight.

Download the whole fight and watch it objectively, there's no way Wilder won that fight, even the draw is a bit of a farce.

Wilder Points
    I watched it in Spanish with Mexican commentators, still had Fury winning and was cruising to a win if it wasn't for the two knockdowns.

Your wish to dismiss people giving it to Fury by a few younds to commentary bias is embarrassing.

I get that it's your schtick to be the contrarian who bullishly sticks to your guns despite all the evidence, but just be objective, for once, and admit Fury won and admit that the 115-111 call was a shambles.

Who pissed on your cornflakes, pal?

I scored the fight for Fury..

You watched it in Spanish, and scored for Fury....I’m delighted for you...

Wilder Points
    In case anyone else gets their knickers in a twist, I was just making a point about what I see as blatantly biased commentary that can happen..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Wilder Points
    think rd 1 or rd 10-12 wilder. saver on the draw.

So close with the first prediction, bang on with the second!

Wilder Points
    Offensively I thought Tyson did better last night than when he beat Wlad..

I still think in 2015 he was a better athlete/specimen

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,875 ✭✭✭squinn2912

Draw
    Yes. Big time..

Although the Wilder KO crew were agonizingly close.

I don’t think anyone would have criticized the ref had he waved off the fight without counting that heavy KD in rd 12..

I don’t know about that he had to give Fury the chance to get up which he did. Much better chin than I thought

• Advertisement

Wilder Points
    I don’t know about that he had to give Fury the chance to get up which he did. Much better chin than I thought

Yes, but how many times have refs seen similar and decided that this man is hurt badly, and hence waving it off....and nobody would criticize. It was a heavy KD. He went down hard and in a knocked out look...

Advertisement