Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deontay Wilder v Tyson Fury - December 1st

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,600 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Wilder Points
    The Nal wrote: »
    So much for that. Glad I stayed up. Very enjoyable fight. Rematch will be great.

Defo thought Fury won but not by as much as people were saying. Was never going to get the win after being knocked down twice. Not with modern judging.

Not getting the “never going to get win” because of KDs in two rds. Those rds were scored as they should, and usually are...10-8....

They have nothing to do with the other ten rds.

Hardly modern judging...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,127 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,908 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Wilder Points
    Angliru wrote: »
    One way I could think of sorting the corrupt judging problem is that you have a lot of assigned judges score a fight, maybe 5 for smaller fights, up to 10 for higher up fights and as many as 20 for a fight like last night. Then after the fight a computer randomly picks 3 cards and they're the cards for the fight. Much harder to have a bought judge give a card then and even if so there would only be a chance they'd be picked. You could obviously push on then and have five official cards for bigger fights.

Logistically it is obviously a bit of a nightmare but sooner or later we're going to have a situation where judges will be in rooms watching fights on monitors and computers and not even at the venue so it isn't a million miles away. With the recent resurgence of the sport over the last few years it is about time some money is invested to rid the sport of the problem.

I've been saying this for a while now but the only way to fix judging is to take the judges away from ringside and put them in a room in an entirely different city with HD screens and every camera angle/replay they need.

Promotors and judges need to be kept away from each other. No more putting judges in 5 star hotels the night before a fight. No more judges being swayed by crowd noise. It literally fixes every problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,979 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Is there a photo of the scorecards?

Draw
    Is there a photo of the scorecards?

DtY_GAIVYAANbu7.jpg

• Advertisement

Id love to see judges notes. Can they change their scores on rounds?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,158 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

this was your predictions walshb, maybe furys 'nuthuggers' as you refer to didnt overestimate him and you underestimated him.

my feeling is with another camp he will win a rematch convincingly and do the same to joshua, he probably retires then

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=107885989&postcount=1693

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,365 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Wilder Points
    Cyrus wrote: »
    this was your predictions walshb, maybe furys 'nuthuggers' as you refer to didnt overestimate him and you underestimated him.

my feeling is with another camp he will win a rematch convincingly and do the same to joshua, he probably retires then

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=107885989&postcount=1693

This is now December. That post was in August. Someone on the internet disagreed with you...

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Og81

Draw
    This is now December. That post was in August. Someone on the internet disagreed with you...

No the same guy degraded Boxing fans as Fury fanboys and his opinion was shown to be a load of B@lld

Draw
    Id love to see judges notes. Can they change their scores on rounds?

No not after the next rounds starts, they have till the ref calls both fighters from their corner.

So say RD 1 Rochin scores it 10 9 fury. He has till fury stands to engage at start of round its then logged on the official score cards.

• Advertisement

Og81 wrote: »
    No not after the next rounds starts, they have till the ref calls both fighters from their corner.

So say RD 1 Rochin scores it 10 9 fury. He has till fury stands to engage at start of round its then logged on the official score cards.

Aha ok cheers. Very odd judging last night from all 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,365 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Wilder Points
    Og81 wrote: »
    No the same guy degraded Boxing fans as Fury fanboys and his opinion was shown to be a load of B@lld

Fair enough. I would have gone to the hassle of looking that post up myself though.

Draw
    Aha ok cheers. Very odd judging last night from all 3.

The two judges giving Wilder the 7th was definitely weird. I thought that was one of the clearest Fury rounds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Wilder Points
    walshb wrote: »
    Ah come off it now. He is chinny. He gets dropped and hurt...

Even as a fan you can’t deny this...

Yes, he has bounced back, but so have plenty of chinny fighters. He does not take a punch that good...

He got back up after being flattened by one of the biggest punchers in heavyweight history. If he was chinny he would not have got back up after the first knockdown. He is lucky after that brutal knockdown he wasn't carried out on a strecher.
    With that in mind, sorry if someone has posted it already, but Stevenson is in a bad way after last night

https://www.badlefthook.com/2018/12/2/18122016/adonis-stevenson-in-critical-condition-after-knockout-loss-to-oleksandr-gvozdyk

Wilder Points
    I cannot see how you think this..

How do you know that single shot power is so clear in Wilder’s favor?

Have you measured it?

Their KO record, which is just a statistic is very close...

Simple. Wilder can finish people with one right hand. With Joshua it usually takes a combination of punches to stop fighters. I'm not disputing Joshua hits hard, but it's clear Wilder hits even harder.

Draw
    No doubt in my mind Wilder is a bigger hitter then AJ. AJ is relentless when he is stopping someone he rushes the finishes with a barrage. Wilders finishes are usually over hands big strong overhands.

Draw
    No doubt in my mind Wilder is a bigger hitter then AJ. AJ is relentless when he is stopping someone he rushes the finishes with a barrage. Wilders finishes are usually over hands big strong overhands.

Wilder Points
    He got back up after being flattened by one of the biggest punchers in heavyweight history. If he was chinny he would not have got back up after the first knockdown. He is lucky after that brutal knockdown he wasn't carried out on a strecher.
    With that in mind, sorry if someone has posted it already, but Stevenson is in a bad way after last night

https://www.badlefthook.com/2018/12/2/18122016/adonis-stevenson-in-critical-condition-after-knockout-loss-to-oleksandr-gvozdyk

Did you actually watch the first KD? He wasn’t really hurt, because he was not hit clean with a heavy shot..

I never claimed his chin was made of Kinder Bueno egg..

He’s 6 feet 9 and 260 lbs....of course he can absorb and take a punch

I just think that he does not have a strong chin. I think he’s goosed vs AJ becsuse of his chin..

Wilder rematch? I’d have to think that he will be hitting the deck the second he’s caught heavy. It happened last night, but it was rd 12. He barely made the count, and Wilder had nothing left...all credit to Tyson for getting up, but to dismiss what happened and shrug the shoulders and say that he’ll keep doing this is very naive.

His chin is a big risk for me against AJ and against Wikder in a rematch...

Even more so vs. AJ, because unlike Wikder, who may miss so much, AJ for me will get to the chin far more effectively. It may be one heavy shot, and if not, a few heavy shots...

Wilder Points
    Not that it matters now, but the judging in the Stevenson fight was atrocious too.
    Two of the judges had Stevenson winning before the stoppage. He was being schooled by Gvozdyk through out that fight.

I don't understand how some here are saying a draw was a fair result between Wilder and Fury.
    The only rounds you could give to Wilder last night were 1, 9, 12.
    I feel Fury will be sharper in the rematch. He won't have a lapse in concentration next time out. The bottom line is Fury can and will improve, i don't see Wilder being able to change his game plan- he is bascially reliant on his big overhand right. On the basis of last night i don't see Hearn being any keener to take the Wilder fight. Joshua is just too cumbersome to avoid being banged out by Wilder. So Hearn will go the easy route in matching Joshua against the winner of Whyte v Chisora, then he makes his debut state side against Miller.

Wilder Points
    Simple. Wilder can finish people with one right hand. With Joshua it usually takes a combination of punches to stop fighters. I'm not disputing Joshua hits hard, but it's clear Wilder hits even harder.

No issue anyone arguing that either man hits harder with one shot...

Bit let’s be honest, both are big punchers. If there is a difference in physical force I say it’s small...both generate real heavy force..

But AJ is a better overall puncher, and has better delivery and finishing. Seriously bad news for Fury

• Advertisement

Wilder Points
    Whatever one thinks of the fight....Fury was a winner for me. He won because he proved me wrong. He fought like he wanted to win, and showed real heart to not only get up, but to get up with anger and psssion to get right back into winning...

Oh, and he won because I had him winning most of the fight, despite my card being 7/5 in rds....a draw...

If I watch again that could change...could see me going 8/4 possibly..

Wilder Points
    Did you actually watch the first KD? He wasn’t really hurt, because he was not hit clean with a heavy shot..

I did watch it. The point is if he was chinny he would have been hurt by that shot, even if it was not a flush hit- guys like Wilder can hurt people with a semi- decent punch. As regards the knockdown in the 12th, those two punches would have have flattened everyone, bar maybe Oliver Mc Call. I doubt Ali, even with his great chin, would have stayed upright. Fury proved last night he has great recupervative powers. Both fighters, to be fair, deserve tremendous credit for what we saw last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,908 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Wilder Points
    Even more so vs. AJ, because unlike Wikder, who may miss so much, AJ for me will get to the chin far more effectively. It may be one heavy shot, and if not, a few heavy shots...

Would the fact AJ couldn't get to the chin of an Aldi version of Fury in Joseph Parker not concern you at all?

Wilder Points
    I did watch it. The point is if he was chinny he would have been hurt by that shot, even if it was not a flush hit- guys like Wilder can hurt people with a semi- decent punch. As regards the knockdown in the 12th, those two punches would have have flattened everyone, bar maybe Oliver Mc Call. I doubt Ali, even with his great chin, would have stayed upright. Fury proved last night he has great recupervative powers. Both fighters, to be fair, deserve tremendous credit for what we saw last night.

Sorry, but he was a little hurt, but not really...it was not a heavy shot on a 260 lbs man.

Look, if you want to take my comment of “chinny” to mean that Fury’s chin is Kinder Bueno, away you go. That is not what I meant...

Khan is chinny. Bernard Dunne too, but they still showed some ability to take punches...

Draw
    Fury doesn't have a great chin because he goes down easily.
    He has great recuperative powers though, there's a difference.

Wilder Points
    No issue anyone arguing that either man hits harder with one shot...

Bit let’s be honest, both are big punchers. If there is a difference in physical force I say it’s small...both generate real heavy force..

But AJ is a better overall puncher, and has better delivery and finishing. Seriously bad news for Fury

Joshua's head movement is still very poor and his footwork is not great either. He does have good handspeed, but i just don't seem him having ability to avoid Wilders punchers like Fury has. Ali would have loved the movement of Fury last night. A man of his size and height should not be able to be as elusive as he is. If Fury had knock out power he would be unbeatable as a heavy weight. Thank goodness he is back in boxing. A great character and one of the most naturally gifted heavyweights of any era.

Wilder Points
    Morrison J wrote: »
    Would the fact AJ couldn't get to the chin of an Aldi version of Fury in Joseph Parker not concern you at all?

We discussed before. Parker has both a solid chin, and employs a completely different defense to Fury, as well as being nothing like him stylistically or physically...

If AJ cannot find Fury’s chin I’d be very surprised...

Wilder eventually found it, and we know what some of you think about Wikder, and his being very poor...

AJ will find it easier and cleaner. Or do you disagree?

Wilder Points
    Joshua's head movement is still very poor and his footwork is not great either. He does have good handspeed, but i just don't seem him having ability to avoid Wilders punchers like Fury has. Ali would have loved the movement of Fury last night. A man of his size and height should not be able to be as elusive as he is. If Fury had knock power he would be unbeatable as a heavy weight. Thank goodness he is back in boxing. A great character and one of the most naturally gifted heavyweights of any era.

Your reply has nothing to do with what you replied to from me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭HappyAsLarE

Fury beats Wilder in the rematch and then goes on to beat Joshua even easier. The greatest HW of this time.

• Advertisement

Wilder Points
    Fury doesn't have a great chin because he goes down easily.
    He has great recuperative powers though, there's a difference.

This is true, but recuperative powers are always a risk. I’d rather have a rock solid chin at HW..weak chin will see you being badly hurt and hoping that your recuperative powers and body/brain does what it needs to...it’s a gamble every time...

Advertisement