Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deontay Wilder v Tyson Fury - December 1st

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,120 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

walshb wrote: »
    Don’t think I said how foolish people would look..

You are looking a little foolish now trying to “show me up” because my prediction didn’t work out..

Big deal. It’s only a boxing match. Can’t get them all right...

It was a draw. Nobody won...

Something about the excuses people (nut huggers )would make when fury lost

I don’t think I look foolish at all but you are entitled to your opinion , it’s just wrong again :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,011 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Draw
    Check out @ShowtimeBoxing’;s Tweet: https://twitter.com/ShowtimeBoxing/status/1069249915069460481?s=09

This is for people saying Wilder didn't go after him in the 12th after the KD.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 56,169 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Wilder Points
    Cyrus wrote: »
    Something about the excuses people (nut huggers )would make when fury lost

I don’t think I look foolish at all but you are entitled to your opinion , it’s just wrong again :pac:

If I recall you had a Fury easily on points, no?

Well, you were wrong too...

It was a draw, mate....move on...admit your error on the prediction, like I did...

It’s not life and death...

Chat for the rematch.

David conman Haye to come out of the woodwork for a Fury payday? Anyone, anyone?

Surely not :eek:

If I recall you had a Fury easily on points, no?

Well, you were wrong too...

It was a draw, mate....move on...admit your error on the prediction, like I did...

It’s not life and death...

Chat for the rematch.

I wasn’t the judges were :D

Sorry I’m not as magnanimous as you are being .....

• Advertisement

Wilder Points
    Cyrus wrote: »
    I wasn’t the judges were :D

Sorry I’m not as magnanimous as you are being .....

No bother....

I was 90 percent certain Fury would get taken out. Hugely confident...

Wrong wrong....even if it was very close near the end

• Registered Users Posts: 18,011 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Draw
    Hats off to Fury, he's some man.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

Draw
    Fury is some man

Made Wilder look awful . How he got caught like that in the 12th I’ll never know

The main man is back !!

Wilder Points
    Fury is some man

Made Wilder look awful . How he got caught like that in the 12th I’ll never know

The main man is back !!

Because he seemed to be using the low duck down too much to avoid shots, and it didn’t work that time. Got caught flush with the downward chopping right hand...

Draw
    Because he seemed to be using the low duck down too much to avoid shots, and it didn’t work that time. Got caught flush with the downward chopping right hand...

Amazed Wilder didn’t throw the left hook more .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Og81

Draw
    Amazed Wilder didn’t throw the left hook more .

He tries to but doesn’t roll the hips so ends up in hammer manner. It’s strange and awkward looking.
    Not half as awkward as Tyson with a low guard dancing about like a ballerina though haha

• Registered Users Posts: 6,901 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Fury KO
    David conman Haye to come out of the woodwork for a Fury payday? Anyone, anyone?

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

pac_man wrote: »
    How would that work?

no idea, it's not invented yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Imagine if Sky had that fight last night. Fury would be a total superstar if he had the full Sky Sports machine behind him.

Wilder Points
    He’s just not a Sky product. Too unpredictable and eccentric and independent...

Sky model on dependable and predictable and likable, even if contrived...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭squinn2912

Draw
    dulux99 wrote: »
    Imagine if Sky had that fight last night. Fury would be a total superstar if he had the full Sky Sports machine behind him.

He’s a superstar anyway and he did it without their help

Wilder Points
    squinn2912 wrote: »
    He’s a superstar anyway and he did it without their help

They’d likely “damage” him....

Fury needs to be a free spirit....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭flatty

Fwiw, I was talking to a very famous cornerman today, and a boxing aficionado, as good as they get, has trained multiple champions. He said fury was robbed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

You would expect a rematch on uk soil after that, only just watched it, wilder was made to look poor.
    Still can’t comprehend 1 judges score had wilder by 4🀮(that’s the vomit emoji,apparently)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

Sky don't want a guy like Fury, Sky is the definition of a safe PC company, they want bland predictable family friendly guys not an eccentric character like Fury. Fury is for my money the most interesting athlete in world sport right now. There's very few athletes i would sit down and watch an hour long interview with, boxing needs guys like Fury,with respect guys like Joshua while great to watch at times are just so bland and cliche outside the ring, one of the best things about boxing is the characters it seems to bring, Fury is right up there with the most interesting of them.

• Advertisement

Wilder Points
    Anyone re-watched the fight?

Lot of stick for the Mexican

His card differed with mine on one thing....He gave the first 4 rds to Wilder. I had it 2/2. The rest of his card is the same as mine....we both scored rd 8 Wilder. I will re-watch rd 8, and the first 4 rds as well...

If you read through the card it's interesting to see that the UK judge awarded rds 6 and 7 to Wilder, and the Mexican had these for Fury..

Draw
    I have no issue with the overall result of the fight. Fury won by 2 rounds on my card however with 2 10-8 rounds a draw on a judges card isnt the biggest robbery. 115/111 is a complete joke though

Even though Wilder look terrible for most parts i still think Fury was an awful style for him and that he would fare a lot better against AJ .

• Registered Users Posts: 20,770 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Draw
    Anyone re-watched the fight?

Lot of stick for the Mexican

His card differed with mine on one thing....He gave the first 4 rds to Wilder. I had it 2/2. The rest of his card is the same as mine....we both scored rd 8 Wilder. I will re-watch rd 8, and the first 4 rds as well...

If you read through the card it's interesting to see that the UK judge awarded rds 6 and 7 to Wilder, and the Mexican had these for Fury..

Fury won the fight , I can't see how anyone could think otherwise,

The shot of Wilder celebrating when a draw is called tells you everything you need to know

Draw
    Sky don't want a guy like Fury, Sky is the definition of a safe PC company, they want bland predictable family friendly guys not an eccentric character like Fury. Fury is for my money the most interesting athlete in world sport right now. There's very few athletes i would sit down and watch an hour long interview with, boxing needs guys like Fury,with respect guys like Joshua while great to watch at times are just so bland and cliche outside the ring, one of the best things about boxing is the characters it seems to bring, Fury is right up there with the most interesting of them.

I agree Fury is a nightmare for Sky as he can't be controlled , He will say how he feels weather its PC or not and SKy hate that ,

All you have to do is look at guys like Bellew and Whyte both changed there personality for Sky because if they didn't they wouldn't be getting paid the money they are, Both put on the act of nice guys when they are anything but ,
    They done an amazing job with Bellew cleaning him up and dressing him up as someone he is not , If you seen the back stage footage of Bellews wife after the UYSK fight that's the type of people they are,

They can't control Fury with cash he to head strong, he would be a nightmare for them if he beat AJ

Wilder Points
    Fury won the fight , I can't see how anyone could think otherwise,

The shot of Wilder celebrating when a draw is called tells you everything you need to know

Great.

I am just asking if anyone has re-watched it...

Plenty thought a draw was a fair result, so that would imply that many thought a draw was the right result.

My own card was very similar to the Mexican's. Only a 2 rds swing....

Wilder Points
    I have no issue with the overall result of the fight. Fury won by 2 rounds on my card however with 2 10-8 rounds a draw on a judges card isnt the biggest robbery. 115/111 is a complete joke though

Even though Wilder look terrible for most parts i still think Fury was an awful style for him and that he would fare a lot better against AJ .

The 115-111 is only a 2 rds swing on my card, hence a re-watch is needed for me before claiming a complete joke. I always find it better to watch and judge when you are that bit more relaxed...can see things a bit clearer. Just scoring live is fine, but it's always prudent to re-watch and score again before jumping in with claims.

Really, it's the first 4 rds that are the key to my card vs. the Mexican's...
    Of the remaining 8 rds he gave Fury 5/8....he had Fury the winner of the majority of those remaining 8.

So, we are hanging the man on 4 rds really, and of the 4 I had it 2/2. So hanging him really on 2. I feel a hanged man deserves a re-watch....

Draw
    Not sure if it was mentioned yet but the 114-110 for Fury was added up wrong ,
    Like seriously just shows how bad the judges are these days, it very simple to add up the scores ,

It should have read 114-112 ,

Wilder Points
    Not sure if it was mentioned yet but the 114-110 for Fury was added up wrong ,
    Like seriously just shows how bad the judges are these days, it very simple to add up the scores ,

It should have read 114-112 ,

I saw that, but it did not have any impact on the result...

That was not the judge's fault, or did he give his total as that.....? Hence Jimmy read out the total....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭dougm1970

well...everyones saying it, but how much can happen in a ten count..he was proper unconscious...i could not..can not...believe him getting up like that.
    anyway...to take a positive...if he won a decision wilders camp would now be claiming a long count injustice and so would a lot of begrudging boxing fans......and this moral victory actually means more as people will look on him in a more heroic way now...hes got public admiration, sympathy, victory in most peoples eyes, and a claim to being heavyweight champion of the world as much as wilders...and..still no loss on his record....and...he goes down in boxing folklore even if only for the last knockdown, he can dine out on that story alone for the rest of his days.
    and :) ...how he matter of factly took the judges verdict... and...donating his purse....its fairy tale stuff, better than any hollywood script.
    oh...and losing ten stone in a year....and doing it all with a rookie trainer !!

• Advertisement

Draw
    dougm1970 wrote: »
    well...everyones saying it, but how much can happen in a ten count..he was proper unconscious...i could not..can not...believe him getting up like that.
    anyway...to take a positive...if he won a decision wilders camp would now be claiming a long count injustice and so would a lot of begrudging boxing fans......and this moral victory actually means more as people will look on him in a more heroic way now...hes got public admiration, sympathy, victory in most peoples eyes, and a claim to being heavyweight champion of the world as much as wilders...and..still no loss on his record....and...he goes down in boxing folklore even if only for the last knockdown, he can dine out on that story alone for the rest of his days.
    and :) ...how he matter of factly took the judges verdict... and...donating his purse....its fairy tale stuff, better than any hollywood script.
    oh...and losing ten stone in a year....and doing it all with a rookie trainer !!

Also great to see him out box Wilder without any need to stall or grab or any of that ,after 3 years off he had nor right to be so dame good ,The guy is just a natural talent ,

I can only imagine in 5/6 months time he will be fitter and stronger and won't make them little mistakes late on that he made,

Advertisement