Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deontay Wilder v Tyson Fury - December 1st

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

dulux99 wrote: »
    Imagine if Sky had that fight last night. Fury would be a total superstar if he had the full Sky Sports machine behind him.

Disagree with you on that. Fury likes to do his own thing and Sky like to keep things safe and controlled. AJ is their kind of man. He doesn't need them anyway. Bellew changed his manner to fit into the Sky model but I can't see Fury doing that, thankfully. I like TB, he comes across as a real nice bloke but I like a boxer that has something different about him. Fury gives us that in bucket loads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

wilder seems to not have any basics going on his last 2 fights , gets easily out jabbed , terrible footwork . i thought a couple of times he was wide open for a straight right after fury had opened him up with the jab . its funny that the 2 top heavyweights (wilder and joshua) look very easy to hit . Oleksandr Usyk must fancy his chances if he moves up as expected
    i had fury clearly winning the fight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Draw
    Not sure if it was mentioned yet but the 114-110 for Fury was added up wrong ,
    Like seriously just shows how bad the judges are these days, it very simple to add up the scores ,

It should have read 114-112 ,

Saw that on the photo of the cards but when they announced the result they called it 114-112 so obviously someone noticed before the results were passed to the announcer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,803 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Draw
    peteeeed wrote: »
    wilder seems to not have any basics going on his last 2 fights , gets easily out jabbed , terrible footwork . i thought a couple of times he was wide open for a straight right after fury had opened him up with the jab . its funny that the 2 top heavyweights (wilder and joshua) look very easy to hit . Oleksandr Usyk must fancy his chances if he moves up as expected
    i had fury clearly winning the fight

I thinking that yesterday out of the top heavyweights I reckon Usyk would be looking at Wilder as the one he can beat ,

Obviously Wilder has the one punch power to stop anyone and the fact that his power never goes away but skill wise I reckon Usyk would fancy him more than AJ or Fury

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭PLOPS

Amazing fight, anyone that can score it in favour of Wilder hasn't a notion though. Anyone that says "you can't win a fight after being dropped twice" doesn't know how fights are scored, if that's the case Chavez Jr Beat Martinez after having his ears boxed off for 11 rounds and won it on the 2 knockdowns in the 12. I thought Fury was magical, I couldn't believe what I was seeing considering his 2 comeback fights were terrible. I still think Wilder will always have a get out of jail card with that right hand, it's dynamite. Fury won 9 rounds, you can't give rounds to someone windmilling and missing. My only wonder is that Fury has a great chin and his recovery is amazing, but what did the knockdown take out of him, next time he might not recover, the chin deteriorates with each shot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,600 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Wilder Points
    PLOPS wrote: »
    Amazing fight, anyone that can score it in favour of Wilder hasn't a notion though. Anyone that says "you can't win a fight after being dropped twice" doesn't know how fights are scored, if that's the case Chavez Jr Beat Martinez after having his ears boxed off for 11 rounds and won it on the 2 knockdowns in the 12. I thought Fury was magical, I couldn't believe what I was seeing considering his 2 comeback fights were terrible. I still think Wilder will always have a get out of jail card with that right hand, it's dynamite. Fury won 9 rounds, you can't give rounds to someone windmilling and missing. My only wonder is that Fury has a great chin and his recovery is amazing, but what did the knockdown take out of him, next time he might not recover, the chin deteriorates with each shot.

Not saying I did not enjoy it, but outside of the couple of dramatic moments the fight was far from amazing......so many missed shots and awkward moments...no inside work at all in the fight.....

I don't know....maybe it's just me, but at elite level in boxing I expect more quality....

Wilder Points
    PLOPS wrote: »
    but what did the knockdown take out of him, next time he might not recover, the chin deteriorates with each shot.

My concern would be people expecting him to do this again and again.

The whole fight he was hit clean and hard by that one single chopping right hand in rd 12 and he went down really heavy...the left on the way down was more a cuff, even if it landed. He was badly hurt by the chopping right....

That could be a complete one off incident where Fury bounced back due to "whatever."

To expect him to do this again vs. AJ or Wilder is a big big ask....

Had that landed a few rds earlier, or when Wilder was quite fresh.......?

Draw
    walshb wrote: »
    My concern would be people expecting him to do this again and again.

The whole fight he was hit clean and hard by that one single chopping right hand in rd 12 and he went down really heavy...the left on the way down was more a cuff, even if it landed. He was badly hurt by the chopping right....

That could be a complete one off incident where Fury bounced back due to "whatever."

To expect him to do this again vs. AJ or Wilder is a big big ask....

Had that landed a few rds earlier, or when Wilder was quite fresh.......?

Rewa tch the knockdown, a left hand landed clean a few seconds before the big right, the left hand rocked Fury you can tell by his legs, then he stood square and got hit with the right,

As his coach Ben said the last few rounds he was in Furys ear as he started going away from the game plan and enjoying it thinking he had it won, and then got caught,

Also Fury won't tire as bad next time out as he will be fitter again, I think that was Wilder's best window to beat Fury and its gone, he will be so much better next time out ,Remember its his first real fight in 3 years , and he will be fitter and stronger , will Wilder be any better ?

Wilder can always ko anyone but I think he will have less chance next time

Wilder Points

Wilder can always ko anyone but I think he will have less chance next time

This is it.....That is why I would be concerned for Fury against punchers....more so AJ, because he will not be missing near as much, so Fury would need to be a lot better defensively. Cannot afford to get tagged even once hard, because AJ won't miss on the follow up, if a follow up is needed...

I say this from a pure boxing sense. We need to remove any personal like of preference for the boxers and debate strictly on the sport.

Fury needs to press on now. Get faster and fitter and better......he then has a better chance to keep the likes of AJ off him, or at least defend even better...

Wilder Points
    Rewa tch the knockdown, a left hand landed clean a few seconds before the big right, the left hand rocked Fury you can tell by his legs, then he stood square and got hit with the right,

The left hand was a jab......was not particularly heavy.......Is this the shot? Literally a split second before the chopping right...in other words it was a left and then the chopping right straight after it. a 1-2, with the left not being that hard at all. It was more glancing.

If you think this rocked Fury, then it reaffirms my position of the dangers he faces...

The one single clean heavy shot was the chopping right had......and it felled Fury heavily.

Sorry, you said a few seconds before the big right.......I'll see if I can get that...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,158 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

if fury fights wilder again i expect him not to get tagged. being honest i didnt expect him to get caught this time around but allowances must be made for his inactivity

Draw
    This is it.....That is why I would be concerned for Fury against punchers....more so AJ, because he will not be missing near as much, so Fury would need to be a lot better defensively. Cannot afford to get tagged even once hard, because AJ won't miss on the follow up, if a follow up is needed...

I say this from a pure boxing sense. We need to remove any personal like of preference for the boxers and debate strictly on the sport.

Fury needs to press on now. Get faster and fitter and better......he then has a better chance to keep the likes of AJ off him, or at least defend even better...

AJ's one punch power has disappeared since he gone up in competition , I don't think he'd hit Fury enough to beat him ,Its one thing stopping people like AP who are 39 and off the gear but Fury and Wilder aits a different ball game ,

Wilder Points
    This left hand that landed clean a few seconds before the chopping right.....I can't see it, as in I saw nothing that rocked Fury....

Wilder Points
    AJ's one punch power has disappeared since he gone up in competition , I don't think he'd hit Fury enough to beat him ,Its one thing stopping people like AP who are 39 and off the gear but Fury and Wilder aits a different ball game ,

What?

Re-watch the power shots that he took AP out with and get back to me....AP has a sturdy chin, and AJ really hurt him to close the show. Heavy power shots....

Those shots were (from looking and analyzing) as hard and heavy as that chopping right hand. The left hook that started APs downfall was really heavy and clean.

I would be very confident that that left hook hitting Fury would have him in a real bad way.

Go to 8 mins 50 here. Real clear shot and heavy impact

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsZ0yZ5h4oA&fbclid=IwAR25XlkACiLxWR1l7KSFlHubnBkKDbQoNlyiKE60mOJS9JMudUMeTqRTsuY

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Wilder Points
    Joshua is too stiff to be landing frequently on Fury.
    I think Fury will beat him easily on points. As regards the result of this fight, I've watched it three times now, Wilder won three rounds(1,9,12). So a draw is in no way a fair result.

Wilder Points
    AJ's one punch power has disappeared since he gone up in competition , ,

What does this mean? You saying his power is not the same, or that he is not getting the same results?

He is still hitting very hard....

You know he knocked Wlad out? Are you saying hi power has lessened since this?

What about AP?

Please, don't day Parker. He didn't land anything really heavy because Parker was so slippy and spoily...

Draw
    What?

Re-watch the power shots that he took AP out with and get back to me....AP has a sturdy chin, and AJ really hurt him to close the show. Heavy power shots....

Those shots were (from looking and analyzing) as hard and heavy as that chopping right hand. The left hook that started APs downfall was really heavy and clean.

Go to 8 mins 50 here. Real clear shot and heavy impact

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsZ0yZ5h4oA&fbclid=IwAR25XlkACiLxWR1l7KSFlHubnBkKDbQoNlyiKE60mOJS9JMudUMeTqRTsuY

"I would be very confident that that left hook hitting Fury would have him in a real bad way."

But it wouldn't AP is midget compared to these heavyweight, he is 38 years old and off the juice , He was dropped multiply times by Wlad , dropped by Price , his chin is decent and no doubt a getting worse as he ages , I stand by my claim as AJ has gone up his one punch power has clearly got less,

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Og81

Draw
    Outside this arguement of can Tyson take a punch or who is a heavier hitter(Deontay or AJ) fury is quicker to he punch then AJ ever will be. when Tyson tidies up a few bits like the single jab , he tends to throw it off the back foot as he pivots when he doubles up it’s solid and scores all day long. He achieved more when he started doubling up in the 3rd rd. AJ is seen as a golden child but he’s so far off what peoples opinion is of him. Stylistically Tyson is a disaster for AJ with his lack of movement and his rigid frame

Wilder Points
    Joshua is too stiff to be landing frequently on Fury.
    I think Fury will beat him easily on points. As regards the result of this fight, I've watched it three times now, Wilder won three rounds(1,9,12). So a draw is in no way a fair result.

That's your card.....others will have differing cards scores that could justify a draw....

Phil Edwards gave Wilder rds 6 and 7. Well, at least you gave it thought and re-watched it. I respect that...not juts shouting robbery right after the fight...

Wilder Points
    "I would be very confident that that left hook hitting Fury would have him in a real bad way."

But it wouldn't AP is midget compared to these heavyweight, he is 38 years old and off the juice , He was dropped multiply times by Wlad , dropped by Price , his chin is decent and no doubt a getting worse as he ages , I stand by my claim as AJ has gone up his one punch power has clearly got less,

I asked about your claim.....

You say AJ is not hitting as hard now as compared to when, exactly?

Wlad is his biggest win....biggest step up in comp.....power less post this fight?

• Advertisement

Draw
    What does this mean? You saying his power is not the same, or that he is not getting the same results?

He is still hitting very hard....

You know he knocked Wlad out? Are you saying hi power has lessened since this?

What about AP?

Please, don't day Parker. He didn't land anything really heavy because Parker was so slippy and spoily...

Yes he knocked out Wlad and AP but not with one shot,
    its pretty straight forward Wilder hits you with one your gone, AJ need to hit you with a few flurrys of big shots to get you out ,

Its pretty straight forward the one shot power he showed against lower ranked guys has gone he now has to to hot you with a number of big shots to get you out ,

Draw
    I asked about your claim.....

You say AJ is not hitting as hard now as compared to when, exactly?

Wlad is his biggest win....biggest step up in comp.....power less post this fight?

I clearly said one shot power ?
    Did he beat any of Wlad or AP with one shot ?

Wilder has one shot power, AJ does not, of course he has power but not one shot power,

Wilder Points
    Og81 wrote: »
    Outside this arguement of can Tyson take a punch or who is a heavier hitter(Deontay or AJ) fury is quicker to he punch then AJ ever will be. when Tyson tidies up a few bits like the single jab , he tends to throw it off the back foot as he pivots when he doubles up it’s solid and scores all day long. He achieved more when he started doubling up in the 3rd rd. AJ is seen as a golden child but he’s so far off what peoples opinion is of him. Stylistically Tyson is a disaster for AJ with his lack of movement and his rigid frame

You think AJ is slow on his punche?

I disagree here, He has more than enough speed in his delivery....

Or slower with hands than Fury?

Ok, let's say that he is......the bigger question is concerning AJs punching speed....I would not call him slow....no way.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Og81

Draw
    You think AJ is slow on his punche?

I disagree here, He has more than enough speed in his delivery....

Or slower with hands than Fury?

Ok, let's say that he is......the bigger question is concerning AJs punching speed....I would not call him slow....no way.

Fury to me is quicker to the punch. If you watch short range in close fury is quicker and slicker. Well my opinion like.

Wilder Points
    I clearly said one shot power ?
    Did he beat any of Wlad or AP with one shot ?

Wilder has one shot power, AJ does not, of course he has power but not one shot power,

You have not answered....

One shot power? What does this even mean, really? Do you have to KO a man with one shot to qualify as having one shot power? I wouldn't say this.....

One shot power to me is the ability to really hurt or trouble an opponent from one shot. AJ definitely qualifies here. One shot power is a fight changing shot that can then allow you to close the show. AJ definitely has this...One shot power is a shot that clearly changes your opponents whole body language. AJ definitely has this.

AJ has had men badly hurt, and dropped from single shots. AP and Wlad being two elites....he badly hurt bith AP and Wlad with shots, and then dropped both.

I have given my one shot power description....

yours?

Wilder Points
    Og81 wrote: »
    Fury to me is quicker to the punch. If you watch short range in close fury is quicker and slicker. Well my opinion like.

Fair enough....

I still think AJ is fast enough with hands to see him land consistently on Fury....

It's up to Fury to be ultra slick and defensive to avoid it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,158 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Fair enough....

I still think AJ is fast enough with hands to see him land consistently on Fury....

It's up to Fury to be ultra slick and defensive to avoid it...

land consistently on fury? who has ever landed consistently on fury?

Wilder Points
    Cyrus wrote: »
    land consistently on fury? who has ever landed consistently on fury?

You're back.......

He may not need to land consistently....just a few times with good heavy shots to get the KO/TKO.

Go watch more Fury fights. Plenty people have landed on him a fair bit through their fights....

This is the thing with Fury fans.....everything is exaggerated, and anything seeming to question or criticize is jumped on...

John McDermott in fight 1....

Unless maybe John is leagues ahead of AJ, hence AJ won't have that success?

Draw
    You're back.......

He may not need to land consistently....just a few times with good heavy shots to get the KO/TKO.

Go watch more Fury fights. Plenty people have landed on him a fair bit through their fights....

This is the thing with Fury fans.....everything is exaggerated, and anything seeming to question or criticize is jumped on...

John McDermott in fight 1....

Don't forget AJ would have to actually take a fight v Fury or Wilder to land anything :D:D:D

• Advertisement

Wilder Points
    Don't forget AJ would have to actually take a fight v Fury or Wilder to land anything :D:D:D

Indeed....I really doubt he fears it at all. He knows Fury is just slippy, and that's it.....he'd likely fear Wilder more due to Wilder's power....

But, Hearn and Warren are the obstacles to the fight.....AJ would likely relish a payday against Fury.

Advertisement