Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deontay Wilder v Tyson Fury - December 1st

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,120 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

walshb wrote: »
    You're back.......

He may not need to land consistently....just a few times with good heavy shots to get the KO/TKO.

Go watch more Fury fights. Plenty people have landed on him a fair bit through their fights....

This is the thing with Fury fans.....everything is exaggerated, and anything seeming to question or criticize is jumped on...

John McDermott in fight 1....

Unless maybe John is leagues ahead of AJ, hence AJ won't have that success?

what do you mean im back?

fury is as elusive a heavy weight as there is,

thats the thing with you, you make these statements and then cant stand behind, now AJ doesnt need to land consistently ? which is it he will or he wont?

Indeed....I really doubt he fears it at all. He knows Fury is just slippy, and that's it.....he'd likely fear Wilder more due to Wilder's power....

But, Hearn and Warren are the obstacles to the fight.....AJ would likely relish a payday against Fury.

aj will beat wilder much more easily than he would beat fury, thats the fight he wants, fury is the toughest fight out there for him

• Registered Users Posts: 20,770 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Draw
    Cyrus wrote: »
    aj will beat wilder much more easily than he would beat fury, thats the fight he wants, fury is the toughest fight out there for him

I think Wilder beats him

• Registered Users Posts: 56,163 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Wilder Points
    I think Wilder beats him

You could only think this via KO?

If AJ can survive/avoid, then he takes Wilder out, or wins on points. He is far the better boxer/tactician...

Wilder will be dangerous, but AJ more than hits hard enough to badly hurt and take Wilder out as well...

Wilder Points
    what do you mean im back?

fury is as elusive a heavy weight as there is,

thats the thing with you, you make these statements and then cant stand behind, now AJ doesnt need to land consistently ? which is it he will or he wont?

Hold on....

you asked who ever landed consistently on Fury.

Read my post.....I gave a name.

AJ will, but he may not even need to, as he can take him out early....that is the point....

My bet on the fight is AJ within 5 rds. As soon as AJ lands hard he either knocks him out or then closes the show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

Fury Points
    I've always maintained that Fury boxes rings around AJ. That fight is a stylistic nightmare for Joshua. Hearn will not want any part of that unless cashing in on Joshua near the end of his contract. AJ couldn't handle Parker's movement, but unfortunately for Parker he didn't have the length to capitalise on it.

AJ vs Wilder i'd favour AJ, but that might hinge on who hurts who first.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Og81

Draw
    Fair enough....

I still think AJ is fast enough with hands to see him land consistently on Fury....

It's up to Fury to be ultra slick and defensive to avoid it...

Mate fury will never ever be hit consistently. If klitschko couldn’t in 2015 when he was still at his heights, AJ won’t. Do you realise how quickly Tyson is on his toes and how awkward he is to catch. Not many have the ability to tag him that’s why he done what he done Saturday night.

Draw
    Hold on....

AJ will, but he may not even need to, as he can take him out early....that is the point....

My bet on the fight is AJ within 5 rds. As soon as AJ lands hard he either knocks him out or then closes the show.

In a range of 1 to wilder got slapped about how confident are you of this prediction compared to your last?

Wilder Points
    Og81 wrote: »
    Mate fury will never ever be hit consistently. If klitschko couldn’t in 2015 when he was still at his heights, AJ won’t. Do you realise how quickly Tyson is on his toes and how awkward he is to catch. Not many have the ability to tag him that’s why he done what he done Saturday night.

The poster asked whoever landed consistently on him.....

I gave a name.....

Unless we want to get bogged down on the definition of consistently?

Draw
    AJ is to easy to hit in my opinion

• Advertisement

Hold on....

ill take that bet, AJ will not beat Fury in 5 rounds.

Draw
    The poster asked whoever landed consistently on him.....

I gave a name.....

Unless we want to get bogged down on the definition of consistently?

He doesn’t get hit consistently look at shots thrown shots landed in his last 5 fights- 3 this side of the break and 2 before it.

Draw
    Hold on....

Aj couldn't pin down Parker , so highly doubt he does Fury ,

Of course anything can happen in heavy weights but I think your crazy to think that is the most probably outcome ,

Wilder Points
    Og81 wrote: »
    In a range of 1 to wilder got slapped about how confident are you of this prediction compared to your last?

I was always more confident that AJ would beat Fury....

80-90 percent I had it for Wilder

For AJ, I am 95-99 percent. I am more confident now since seeing Fury the other night. In other words, although Fury surprised me, he also showed me juST how vulnerable he is with the chin.

So, you can frame this post should the fight happen and Fury either wins or makes the distance...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

I agree. If Wilder connected with AJ, I think he could take him out. It's a risky fight for AJ but the better of the two. That's why they are pushing for Wilder. I think Fury would beat AJ myself. AJ struggled to pin Parker, who's nothing in comparison to Fury.

Wilder Points
    Aj couldn't pin down Parker , so highly doubt he does Fury ,

Of course anything can happen in heavy weights but I think your crazy to think that is the most probably outcome ,

This is something I can get behind.....I see the logic here, hence my point that Fury now needs to press home, work hard and improve even more...

Draw

For AJ, I am 95-99 percent. I am more confident now since seeing Fury the other night. In other words, although Fury surprised me, he also showed me juST how vulnerable he is with the chin.

So, you can frame this post should the fight happen and Fury either wins or makes the distance...

I find that baffling ,

Wilder only managed to land one big shot on Fury, In the 12th round of his come back fight when he got cocky and was tiring, and Fury got up

AJ doesn't hit anywhere near as hard as Wilder, so one punch will not be enough ,AJ is slower than Wilder, doesn't have the reach of Wilder , then Fury will be fitter ,stronger and not as rusty ,

Iv no idea how your brain works

Draw

It’s screenshot me oul mate but AJ will keep running he ain’t gonna risk his “legacy”

Wilder Points
    I find that baffling ,

Wilder only managed to land one big shot on Fury, In the 12th round of his come back fight when he got cocky and was tiring, and Fury got up

AJ doesn't hit anywhere near as hard as Wilder, so one punch will not be enough ,AJ is slower than Wilder, doesn't have the reach of Wilder , then Fury will be fitter ,stronger and not as rusty ,

Iv no idea how your brain works

But how is it baffling when you factor in that Wilder is not the same "puncher" and technician puncher as AJ? Wilder was reckless, wild and awkward and telegraphed. Yet he still did manage to get in that big KD in rd 12..

I really see AJ landing more, landing cleaner, and landing with better shots throughout. Wilder missed so so many....part due to wildness and poor technique, and part due to a good Fury defense...

This is obvious to me...

You must be thinking that maybe AJ won't get in a position to land the shots? Maybe....I just don't see that...

Wilder Points

This power thing needs to be put to bed....both Wilder and AJ are big punchers. End of...

What I do know is that AJ is the better overall puncher in terms of everything....

One shot power....I'll give it to Wilder. Other than this, he is not in AJs league..

• Advertisement

Draw
    But how is it baffling when you factor in that Wilder is not the same "puncher" and technician puncher as AJ? Wilder was reckless, wild and awkward and telegraphed. Yet he still did manage to get in that big KD in rd 12..

I really see AJ landing more, landing cleaner, and landing with better shots throughout. Wilder missed so so many....part due to wildness and poor technique, and part due to a good Fury defense...

This is obvious to me...

You must be thinking that maybe AJ won't get in a position to land the shots? Maybe....I just don't see that...

Last week you where saying how Wilder is only reckless when he has you hurt, which I agree with on
    You've changed your tune today to suit your argument ,

Also you've just said Aj will be landing cleaner and landing better shots throughout , " Throughout " what the 4 rounds you think it will take him ,

I think AJ loses to both fighters , he is to stiff to beat Fury and gets hit to easy to beat Wilder ,

As with any boxing match we will only know for sure when the fight happens so there are no wrong or right just opinions

Wilder Points
    Last week you where saying how Wilder is only reckless when he has you hurt, which I agree with on
    You've changed your tune today to suit your argument ,

Where did I say that ONLY when hurt he is or can be reckless?

Sorry, but I don't recall ever making that claim.....

I may have said usually, but not ONLY....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

No offense walshb but i can't take your opinions about Fury serious. Your bias is just so blatant you let your hatred for the man cloud your judgement of his abilities. Joshua is not superman he's a very good fighter but he has plenty of flaws, he was out on his fight vs a 41 year old Wlad, Whyte rocked him in there fight and Povetkin gave him plenty of trouble in their fight. Fair play to him he's come through those tests but anyone who thinks Fury vs Joshua is a 95-5 fight is being silly. I don't believe you have ever picked Fury to win, didn't you have him loosing to Wlad despite everyone with working eyes seeing Fury winning with ease. Fury is the most skilled HW in the world right now, he has flaws but if he can get up from that shot in the 12th he can get up from any single punch AJ will land.

Wilder Points

Also you've just said Aj will be landing cleaner and landing better shots throughout , " Throughout " what the 4 rounds you think it will take him ,

Yes, or any of the duration of the fight after a few rds...he will land his fair share of shots...

First rd or so will likely be a feeling out....as is usually the case....

Put it this way, he will land every bit as much, and more than what Fury wuill be landing....

You seem to be hing up on words here.

It's simple....AJ will land enough shots throughout the fight....

If that is 1/2/3/4..........so be it. It could over in a round, or it could go on for 12.....

Wilder Points
    No offense walshb but i can't take your opinions about Fury serious. Your bias is just so blatant you let your hatred for the man cloud your judgement of his abilities. Joshua is not superman he's a very good fighter but he has plenty of flaws, he was out on his fight vs a 41 year old Wlad, Whyte rocked him in there fight and Povetkin gave him plenty of trouble in their fight. Fair play to him he's come through those tests but anyone who thinks Fury vs Joshua is a 95-5 fight is being silly. I don't believe you have ever picked Fury to win, didn't you have him loosing to Wlad despite everyone with working eyes seeing Fury winning with ease. Fury is the most skilled HW in the world right now, he has flaws but if he can get up from that shot in the 12th he can get up from any single punch AJ will land.

Why would I hate him?

That's ludicrous....

He has his strengths and his weaknesses. I point out both. Many don't like to hear his weaknesses, and then turn this into "I hate him." Silly...

I did not have him losing to Wlad. I picked Wlad in my prediction....as did many...

Wilder Points
    Fair play to him he's come through those tests but anyone who thinks Fury vs Joshua is a 95-5 fight is being silly. I don't believe you have ever picked Fury to win, .

That's a bit silly. Two fights I picked the opposition.....both elites and both many also picked.....

Are you speaking about these two, or do you have more fights where I picked against Fury?

Draw
    Why would I hate him?

That's ludicrous....

He has his strengths and his weaknesses. I point out both. Many don't like to hear his weaknesses, and then turn this into "I hate him." Silly...

I did not have him losing to Wlad. I picked Wlad in my prediction....as did many...

To be fair you did say Wilder would either KO Fury by the fourth which is fair a lot including myself thought its possible but then said if not he would out box Fury and win on points, which is nonsense he was never going to outbox Fury ,

You also claimed in the past you didn't like Fury and his mental health issues where made up and nonsense on the Heavy weight tread

Wilder Points
    You also claimed in the past you didn't like Fury and his mental health issues where made up and nonsense on the Heavy weight tread

I didn't buy into that....that mean I hate him?

I felt he played it up to explain away bad behavior....

His own brother said something similar about it....it was on the programme the other night....asked if he had sympathy for Fury, and he said no...he implied that it was Tyson's doing.....in other words take responsibility for your behavior....

This is whole other debate and discussion..

Anyway, back to boxing.......if pointing out flaws mean you hate a man then we'll leave it there...

Wilder Points
    but then said if not he would out box Fury and win on points, which is nonsense he was never going to outbox Fury ,

The score was a draw...

Fury did not win the fight......

Box/outbox or whatever.....the result was a draw...

Personally I felt Fury deserved it.

• Advertisement

Draw
    The score was a draw...

Fury did not win the fight......

Box/outbox or whatever.....the result was a draw...

Personally I felt Fury deserved it.

Will you get up outa that, You claimed Wilder would outbox him if he didn't ko him,

There was only one man outboxed on Saturday night and it wasn't Fury that not even debatable ,

Advertisement