Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deontay Wilder v Tyson Fury - December 1st

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56,163 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Wilder Points
    Will you get up outa that, You claimed Wilder would outbox him if he didn't ko him,

There was only one man outboxed on Saturday night and it wasn't Fury that not even debatable ,

Like I said, I felt Fury deserved it......did you bother to read that?

One judge had Wilder winning the boxing match, one had Wilder, and one had a draw....

• Registered Users Posts: 20,770 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Draw
    walshb wrote: »
    Like I said, I felt Fury deserved it......did you bother to read that?

One judge had Wilder winning the boxing match, one had Wilder, and one had a draw....

We all know that we all seen that ,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

If you want to get an idea of how PC Sky now is you only have to refer back to Adam Smiths comment just before Bellew vs Usyk " The bomber tattoo on his back a reference to his punching power, not to the terrible events of last year's terrorist attack at the Ariana Grande concert". Like seriously they are so afraid to offend people they think they need to come out with ****e like that. Who was sitting at home thinking "Jesus that sick bastard mocking all those dead kids".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

If you want to get an idea of how PC Sky now is you only have to refer back to Adam Smiths comment just before Bellew vs Usyk " The bomber tattoo on his back a reference to his punching power, not to the terrible events of last year's terrorist attack at the Ariana Grande concert". Like seriously they are so afraid to offend people they think they need to come out with ****e like that. Who was sitting at home thinking "Jesus that sick bastard mocking all those dead kids".

I remember that. That was so bizarre. I was wondering if he was instructed to say that or was it off the cuff. I'm not sure what would be weirder tbh.

Wilder Points
    Rds 2, 3 and 4 are what really decide the differing cards....

2 judges gave all three to Fury and the Mexican have them to Wilder.....

The Mexican goes with Fury here and it's 114-112 Fury win....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Wilder Points
    Could someone with more ring iq than me tell me why wilders fitness was so bad on the night? Why he didnt throw more punches?

Wilder Points
    Could someone with more ring iq than me tell me why wilders fitness was so bad on the night? Why he didnt throw more punches?

Maybe it appeared to be worse than it was. It can be difficult to tell how tired and strained a fighter really is by just visuals....

He seemed more heavy and labored as the fight progressed.....

Maybe the many misses and swings took its toll....

He also moved a fair bit, both in pursuit and in retreat......more movement than in many other previous fights....

• Registered Users Posts: 20,770 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Draw

Could be a number of things ,

Ortiz fight he got hurt could have effected him, thinking I can't be as open v top guys ,

He could have been a bit puzzled by Fury who hit him with stiff shots early, so he didn't want to open up and be caught,

Fury flicks out the jabs very quick with very long range it forces a fighter to reset a lot,

Could be the pressure if his biggest fight, He said he wanted a Ko sometimes that means you always look to load up and forget to set the shots up .

He weighed his lightest ever maybe he had a flu or a cold,

Personally I think he is always like that , he wait's for people to come forward,

Wilder Points
    Maybe it appeared to be worse than it was. It can be difficult to tell how tired and strained a fighter really is by just visuals....

He seemed more heavy and labored as the fight progressed.....

Maybe the many misses and swings took its toll....

He also moved a fair bit, both in pursuit and in retreat......more movement than in many other previous fights....

Yes i was thinking that it. Tyson fury being so akward and frustrating and him being so much bigger aswell im guessing added to it.

Wilder Points
    Yes i was thinking that it. Tyson fury being so akward and frustrating and him being so much bigger aswell im guessing added to it.

Very good point about size, and something I was going to mention. Having the stretch and reach more may well have out excess strain on the body and muscles...

• Advertisement

Wilder Points
    Could be a number of things ,

Ortiz fight he got hurt could have effected him, thinking I can't be as open v top guys ,

He could have been a bit puzzled by Fury who hit him with stiff shots early, so he didn't want to open up and be caught,

Fury flicks out the jabs very quick with very long range it forces a fighter to reset a lot,

Could be the pressure if his biggest fight, He said he wanted a Ko sometimes that means you always look to load up and forget to set the shots up .

He weighed his lightest ever maybe he had a flu or a cold,

Personally I think he is always like that , he wait's for people to come forward,

Weighing in his lightest ever is interesting and i recall the commentary saying there was rumours wilder overtrained for fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

I thought Wilder actually did really well to clock Fury in the 12th, despite getting gassed in the later rounds. He got a bit of a second wind and probably knew he had to get a KO, but you have to admire him for not wilting. If and when we see the rematch, Tyson will know Wilder won't be finished until the last mili-second of the fight. Makes it all the more interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Draw

I heard Andre ward say on Twitter that he doesn’t do roadwork.

Wilder Points
    I heard Andre ward say on Twitter that he doesn’t do roadwork.

I’d say that’s the same for a lot of bigger men...

He does do sprint type strength running....

But maybe not dedicated miles on the road...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,010 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Draw

It's only the second time he's gone 12 rounds so I'd say it was pretty new to him.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Wilder Points
    It's only the second time he's gone 12 rounds so I'd say it was pretty new to him.

But he was tired, or appeared to be cooked several rds before...

Wilder Points
    I recorded the first few minutes there and watched it back. Seems to be working fine. Now just to remember to hit record again before going to bed....

Just to get back on this..

My recording didn’t play. Same as Usyk-Bellew...

When you record on BO via manual time, as in setting the start and end time it doesn’t play the recording....

Had I just recorded it straight from the channel it would have played..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Wilder Points
    I was surprised Wilder looked tired too. Never seen him breathing heavy like that. I'd say it was more than likely down to the fact he was fighting a guy over three stone heavier than him. Probably a bit of nervous energy there too. Thought he fought quite tense.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Draw
    Just to get back on this..

My recording didn’t play. Same as Usyk-Bellew...

When you record on BO via manual time, as in setting the start and end time it doesn’t play the recording....

Had I just recorded it straight from the channel it would have played..

Yean I just recorded the whole thing and it was fine.

I was looking for the Manual timing thing but couldn't find it.

Wilder Points
    Just an observation...

Saw couple slo mo shots of the right hand that dropped Fury. Fury took some of the sting out of it by moving off it...it was a good shot, but not great...landed around side of face/ear...

Before any Fury fans get their knickers in a twist, it’s just an observation...

He also did not hit his head on the canvas...

His getting up and trying to win the rd was great.

Post fight interview and all that god talk...cringe...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Wilder Points
    There is a site that I use to catch up with any Showtime/HBO/ESPN fights. All cards uploaded in HD. Don't think I can post it on here can I?

If anyone wants the link PM me. Adblocker recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,899 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Fury KO
    Og81 wrote: »
    Fury to me is quicker to the punch. If you watch short range in close fury is quicker and slicker. Well my opinion like.

Fair enough....

I still think AJ is fast enough with hands to see him land consistently on Fury....

It's up to Fury to be ultra slick and defensive to avoid it...

And when AJ connects he won't be getting up this time.

Lights out.

Wilder Points
    I think Phil Edwards deserves as much scorn (off those calling robbery) here as the Mexican

Rds 5-12 inclusive, 8 rds....Edwards gave 4 to Fury...

Mexico and Canada gave 5....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,829 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Fury Points
    Very good point about size, and something I was going to mention. Having the stretch and reach more may well have out excess strain on the body and muscles...

I didn't see the fight. Just a few clips and red reports online.

But throwing haymakers and hitting fresh air will tire you out fairly quickly

For those who think wilder wins a rematch, I have one question. Would a rematch in a bigger ring affect your prediction? If it were to be held in the UK and Fury able to get a 24' ring

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭someyoke

Draw
    ebbsy wrote: »

Lights out.

Wilder is the biggest puncher in the game, maybe since Tyson. So that makes no sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,899 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Fury KO
    someyoke wrote: »

Lights out.

Wilder is the biggest puncher in the game, maybe since Tyson. So that makes no sense.

But yet he couldn't finish off Fury ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Draw
    But yet he couldn't finish off Fury ?

Wilder has the best KO ratio in heavey weight history, he connected with Fury a handful of times and dropped him twice.

I could say Joshua isn't the hardest puncher because he didn't stop Parker?
    It doesn't work like that.

I think fury beats both with competent judges, and I think Joshua knocks wilder out.

Wilder Points
    Last post on the power of AJ and Wilder..

For me, on visuals alone, because both have really high KO records, both look to be very close in terms of one shot power.

The only way to tell who hits harder is a scientific test...

I can understand anyone claiming Wilder hits harder than Fury or Parker or Chisora, for example, as visually, as well as statistically this seems very true..

But vs. AJ I don’t see how anyone can claim with any certainty that either man hits harder....

Do they even have one common opponent?

Wilder has plenty KOs like AJ, where more than one shot was needed, or where the man was not knocked out cold...

Bit like the comparisons years ago about Gerald McClellan v Julian Jackson.

Both monstrous hitters, but many used to use the whole angle that Jackson had more one punch type wow KOs, as if this proved it...it does not prove it..

This science test sees 250 lbs vs 215 lbs...

Now, maybe that 30 lbs or so means nothing, but one would have to consider it in this scenario due to AJ being a heavy hitter with very good technique.

Wilder hits harder? Yes, let’s discuss...

Wilder hits way harder? Go way out of that...this needs some analysis.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Draw
    Do they even have one common opponent?

They both fought Molina. Wilder KO in the 9th, Joshua TKO in the 3rd.

I'd say they both have the best fight ending power but in different ways. Wilder makes them hit the canvas, Joshua makes them lose all senses.

The difference is negligble Imo.

• Advertisement

Wilder Points
    ASOT wrote: »
    They bought fought Molina. Wilder KO in the 9th, Joshua TKO in the 3rd.

I'd say they both have the best fight ending power but in different ways. Wilder makes them hit the canvas, Joshua makes them lose all senses.

The difference is negligble Imo.

This is what I’m on about. Thought, sense and logic.....

Advertisement