Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deontay Wilder v Tyson Fury - December 1st

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,525 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Wilder Points
    No asterisk required.

The elevated levels were found before the Wlad fight. He passed all tests for the Wlad fight. Question is, why did they allow him to fight if he tested for elevated levels before his world title shot? Something strange about that.

There is an asterisk beside it IMO

He failed dope tests in 2015, regardless of tests "before" the Wlad fight; his whole character and integrity are in question...

That is what happens when athletes cheat. Their careers and character are forever scrutinized.

But, because it's Fury, some just won't admit to anything that is perceived to be a criticism.

His dope test fails and substances in his system could well have helped him in the year 2015....

No different than those questioning Canelo's issues for fight 1 vs. GGG.....there is an asterisk beside that fight too...

And beside fight II......Canelo's name and character are under scrutiny. Whether one agrees or disagrees that the substances were of help.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,741 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Draw
    walshb wrote: »
    There is an asterisk beside it IMO

He failed dope tests in 2015, regardless of tests "before" the Wlad fight; his whole character and integrity are in question...

That is what happens when athletes cheat. Their careers and character are forever scrutinized.

But, because it's Fury, some just won't admit to anything that is perceived to be a criticism.

His dope test fails and substances in his system could well have helped him in the year 2015....

No different than those questioning Canelo's issues for fight 1 vs. GGG.....there is an asterisk beside that fight too...

And beside fight II......Canelo's name and character are under scrutiny. Whether one agrees or disagrees that the substances were of help.

To be fair it depends what the failure was on , Can you recall what exactly Fury's was ? I recall one for benzoylecgonine ( which basically is cocaine)

Was one of Fury failures thrown out ? I can't remember as had no real interest when he was retired

Wilder Points
    There was no failure for the Wlad fight that i'm aware of.

And I never made a claim that there was......

I was discussing his failed test in the year 2015...Nandrolone found in the system in Feb/March...

That puts the asterisk beside his name. His next bloody fight was Wlad....

I shouldn't have to point this out.....fan or no fan of the man/fighter this has to be looked at. But of course excuses are usually always made by athletes who fail these tests, and by their fans.

"Nandrolone is a male sex hormone which can be created naturally in the body, particularly if the subject has eaten large quantities contaminated with the substance. It can help to increase an athlete’s muscle size, strength and power, aids recovery from injuries, and allows them to train harder for longer."

Wilder Points
    To be fair it depends what the failure was on , Can you recall what exactly Fury's was ? I recall one for benzoylecgonine ( which basically is cocaine)

Was one of Fury failures thrown out ? I can't remember as had no real interest when he was retired

Read up on the timeline....

Nandrolone...

Wilder Points

Yes, his Sept '16 refusal to provide a sample..

The lad has had not one, but several brushes with the authorities concerning doping, both pre and post Wlad...

I mean if that's not enough to question, what is?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,043 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

And I never made a claim that there was......

I was discussing his failed test in the year 2015...Nandrolone found in the system in Feb/March...

That puts the asterisk beside his name. His next bloody fight was Wlad....

I shouldn't have to point this out.....fan or no fan of the man/fighter this has to be looked at. But of course excuses are usually always made by athletes who fail these tests, and by their fans.

"Nandrolone is a male sex hormone which can be created naturally in the body, particularly if the subject has eaten large quantities contaminated with the substance. It can help to increase an athlete’s muscle size, strength and power, aids recovery from injuries, and allows them to train harder for longer."

there are plenty of active and recently retired prime heavyweights that are far more likely be steroid users than fury is, look with your eyes ;)

Wilder Points
    Cyrus wrote: »
    there are plenty of active and recently retired prime heavyweights that are far more likely be steroid users than fury is, look with your eyes ;)

And?

Open a thread on these and let's debate with some facts then...

This latest discussion concerns Fury and his failed test in 2015 for Nandrolone....

BTW, physical appearance doesn't always mean drugs are or are not are being used....you do realize this?

And?

Open a thread on these and let's debate with some facts then...

This latest discussion concerns Fury and his failed test in 2015 for Nandrolone....

im grand here thanks, the thread is about the fury wilder fight so if you want to off piste ill follow

if you are under the illusion that either of the Klitschkos or AJ are clean then you are very gullible

Wilder Points
    im grand here thanks, the thread is about the fury wilder fight so if you want to off piste ill follow

if you are under the illusion that either of the Klitschkos or AJ are clean then you are very gullible

Well, I generally prefer to stick to facts/evidence rather than obfuscate and move goalposts etc....

So what you are saying is that you haven't got any facts or evidence to back up your views here....

Plus, there are charter rules here...

Well, I generally prefer to stick to facts/evidence rather than obfuscate and move goalposts etc....

So what you are saying is that you haven't got any facts or evidence to back up your views here....

Plus, there are charter rules here...

what are you on about, no one moved any goal posts because there arent any, except some imaginary ones in your head that frame whatever you are spouting at the time and

Vitali admitted steroid use in his youth.

• Advertisement

Wilder Points

Vitali admitted steroid use in his youth.

Ok, away you go on your Vitali buzz.

Like I said, this recent discussion is concerning Fury and his failed tests....

Fury failed dope tests. Yeh, but what about that guy who admitted to using steroids in his youth a few decades ago? The stupidity of this...

Bye bye...

Fury failed dope tests. Yeh, but what about that guy who admitted to using steroids in his youth a few decades ago? The stupidity of this...

Bye bye...

your most recent discussion, which is important to no one....except you

dont let the door hit you :P

Wilder Points
    dont let the door hit you :P

It's don't!

It's don't!

er ok :pac:

Bye bye...

Parker was pretty sure of it re AJ as well

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11975205

Wilder Points

Eh, what about: "your most recent discussion, which is important to no one....except you."

Why are you here if only this discussion is important to me?

You have me lost, pal!

Do you want to discuss or not? You are hopping from one "point" to another like a child in a toy shop....

Eh, what about: "your most recent discussion, which is important to no one....except you."

Why are you here if only this discussion is important to me?

You have me lost, pal!

Do you want to discuss or not? You are hopping from one "point" to another like a child in a toy shop....

your lack of self awareness is genuinely amusing,

keep it coming :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭hbhook

I think I read somewhere that UKAD didn't have the funds to prove the accusation against Fury so both settled for a backdated ban.

Wilder Points
    your lack of self awareness is genuinely amusing,

keep it coming :cool:

Over and out, pal.

Like I said, this discussion is about Fury. Nothing to do with my awareness.

It's clear you are a huge fan, and anything perceived negative about the man sees you getting your knickers in a twist, hence the meandering to Vitali from the 90s, and now to Parker and his AJ suspicions....it makes you sound a wee bit ridiculous, as well as very childish.

Wilder Points
    hbhook wrote: »
    I think I read somewhere that UKAD didn't have the funds to prove the accusation against Fury so both settled for a backdated ban.

Yes, he accepted a backdated ban. The findings where upheld. He failed a 2015 test for Nadrolone.....that is indisputable. What is up for dispute is why he failed it....he said it was un-castrated wild boar ingestion

Also has the refusal to take a test from 2016 and the failed test for cocaine...

But feck all that; what about Vitali and his admission to taking steroids in the 1990s?

• Advertisement

Over and out, pal.

It's clear you are a huge fan, and anything perceived negative about the man sees you getting your knickers in a twist, hence the meandering to Vitali from the 90s, and now to Parker and his AJ suspicions....it makes you sound a wee bit ridiculous, as w ell as very childish.

it's well ;)

Wilder Points
    it's well ;)

You got me!

Over and out, pal.

It's clear you are a huge fan, and anything perceived negative about the man sees you getting your knickers in a twist, hence the meandering to Vitali from the 90s, and now to Parker and his AJ suspicions....it makes you sound a wee bit ridiculous, as w ell as very childish.

i'm a fan of fury, but not a huge one, i just think he has the number of any hw out there at the moment if he stays in shape, you disagree but your predictions on the wilder fight were way off.

all i am pointing out is that its very unlikely AJ or Wlad were clean, i have no proof except what i can see with my own two eyes, and most others can see aswell. Do you believe they are both clean?

Wilder Points
    i'm a fan of fury, but not a huge one, i just think he has the number of any hw out there at the moment if he stays in shape, you disagree but your predictions on the wilder fight were way off.

all i am pointing out is that its very unlikely AJ or Wlad were clean, i have no proof except what i can see with my own two eyes, and most others can see aswell. Do you believe they are both clean?

Well, at least here you are actually making points instead of being a smart ass with the one liners....

AJ is and always has been a fantastic physical specimen.....there you go....never ever failed any PEDs tests to my knowledge...

Wlad was always a fantastic physical specimen. There you go. From "Russia," so of course more speculation...

Now, can you answer me about using physical appearance being a little bit suspect as regards making unfounded claims about people?

Well, at least here you are actually making points instead of being a smart ass with the one liners....

AJ is and always has been a fantastic physical specimen.....there you go....never ever failed any PEDs tests to my knowledge...

Wlad was always a fantastic physical specimen. There you go. From "Russia," so of course more speculation...

Now, can you answer me about using physical appearance being a little bit suspect as regards making unfounded claims about people?

you havent answered my question, do you believe both are clean?

AJs stomach area exhibits a lot of markers for HGH, maybe its just coincidence.

Wlad was in what i would consider unbelievable shape for a man in his 40's, when i say unbelievable i mean i dont believe its possible clean.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,741 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Draw
    Speculation is worth nothing
    Unless someone fails a test then you have to presume there clean unless proven otherwise,
    Is there boxer who haven't been caught of course there are but you can't label someone without evidence that's just stupid,

Wilder Points
    you havent answered my question, do you believe both are clean?

Wlad was in what i would consider unbelievable shape for a man in his 40's, when i say unbelievable i mean i dont believe its possible clean.

This is what happens when you have no facts or evidence and are using your eyes alone..

Believe they are clean? Yes...know for a fact? No..

That not knowing for a fact can apply to any top athlete...

Back in topic: Fury is a convicted cheat, despite his protestations...

Canelo the same...why? Well, those little details caused facts and findings and results..

Wilder Points

This type of visual diagnosis/speculation is just absurd..

Reeks of laziness and desperation...

Speculation is worth nothing
    Unless someone fails a test then you have to presume there clean unless proven otherwise,
    Is there boxer who haven't been caught of course there are but you can't label someone without evidence that's just stupid,

you have to presume they are clean unless proven otherwise, so up until lance armstrong was caught you assumed he was clean ?

• Advertisement

This types of visual diagnosis/speculation is just absurd..

Reeks of laziness and desperation...

desperation, desperation for what?

i like AJ, he is my second favourite HW, i think Fury would give him problems but AJ could beat him, but do i believe he is clean? No.

Advertisement