Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fatal house fire Mayfield 1980’s

Options
  • 02-10-2018 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭

Does anyone remember a house fire in Shannon lawn in Mayfield during the 1980’s. I think three kids died. One of them was playing with matches. That’s what I was told anyway as a very small kid. I was terrified of fires for years after. Had a look at the internet and don’t see anything about it but think it definitely happened as I had relatives living close by. No idea what I am looking for just confirmation it happened I guess.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

https://www.irishexaminer.com/archive/

Or you could check the archives of the Examiner or Echo in the library, though you'd need a more specific date really.

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭starbaby2003

https://www.irishexaminer.com/archive/

Or you could check the archives of the Examiner or Echo in the library, though you'd need a more specific date really.

That’s a good idea. Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭mccard

Let us know if you find anything

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

I grew up in Mayfield during the '80s and do remember a number of house fires, nothing specific though. I'll ask my dad. He'd know.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Yes, this happened. Two of the children were twins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 mbarre

I am almost positive that there was a fatal house fire where my childhood home was. I grew up in no. 28 Shannon Lawn from 1989 to 2009. My parents only moved from Shannon lawn in 2019.

Advertisement