Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

question:CID for in excess of 2 years continuous teaching

• 02-10-2018 5:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭

If one of the conditions for getting a CID is " has had in excess of 2 years continuous teaching service under two or more successive written contracts of employment"

I'm wondering : if the first fixed term contract started in October and obviously finished at end of August(i.e. September is missing) - would this be considered as the first years service ? then 2nd year would be Sept - Aug
    or (I presume its this) entitlement to a CID would not be until October in third year to satisfy the condition of in excess of 2 years?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

I'd advise you contact union on that, but.... a CID can be given at any time (after 6 months if they like!).

If you say nothing and say you've 'finished 2 years and were wondering about a CID ' they might not question it and come back with a CID contract!

Advertisement