Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

megabus new york

• 02-10-2018 7:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,038 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone use this company before. Looking to go to a hockey game in Washington from new york. They have seats from 1 dollar.

https://us.megabus.com/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,363 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

I have used them. They are fine. I mean if you have no issues being on a bus for 4-5 hours with the scenery being huge highways then go for it.

The only thing I had against them really was their strange enough pick up spots. I wouldn't recommend travelling at night on buses in the states though so if doing the journey do it in day time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,038 ✭✭✭✭cena

I’m not sure if I would go with them at night. I may get the train back to ny from Washington. Hockey game starts around 3. Should be out be 6.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

As a regular on this route travelling at night is no problem. Megabus go from the west side of Manhattan but it is very accessible from midtown.

Another option is:
    www.ourbus.com

When you get to DC get the metro from Union Station to Gallery Place which is where the Capital One Arena is located. Go Caps!

SHOVELLER wrote: »
    As a regular on this route travelling at night is no problem. Megabus go from the west side of Manhattan but it is very accessible from midtown.

Another option is:
    www.ourbus.com

When you get to DC get the metro from Union Station to Gallery Place which is where the Capital One Arena is located. Go Caps!

It is only a 20 minutes walk. I’m a ducks fan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

You're welcome

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭pgmcpq

Use them regularly ny-bos. Great deal, bring a sandwich, a book, physical and you are set. Cannot comment on the D.C. logistics.

pgmcpq wrote: »
    Use them regularly ny-bos. Great deal, bring a sandwich, a book, physical and you are set. Cannot comment on the D.C. logistics.

they entertainment on the buses. That is on the website

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭pgmcpq

cena wrote: »
    they entertainment on the buses. That is on the website

Well sorta …. a drop down tv from the ceiling like planes in the 1980s-90s !

Advertisement