Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can credit union transfer to bank account?

• 02-10-2018 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭

I haven't been to my credit union in a very long time and I cannot put my hands on my account book. I need to deposit cash into my bank account but can't get to the bank this week. The credit union is only down the road. I know they'll let me put money into the credit union account without ID but will they transfer to my bank without ID? I've transfer money before so they have the BIC and IBAN.

Or better yet, can I just use the credit union to deposit cash into my bank account (by providing my BIC and IBAN) without needing to deposit the money in my credit union account first?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,479 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I know they'll let me put money into the credit union account without ID but will they transfer to my bank without ID? I've transfer money before so they have the BIC and IBAN.

If they don't know you, not a chance. The test is not if they will allow you to lodge, it is: 'will they allow you to withdraw cash?' Because transferring money out is the same thing.
    Or better yet, can I just use the credit union to deposit cash into my bank account (by providing my BIC and IBAN) without needing to deposit the money in my credit union account first?

You can only do that in a branch of your own bank, it typically can't be done from a credit union or a different bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭LazySamaritan

coylemj wrote: »
    If they don't know you, not a chance. The test is not if they will allow you to lodge, it is: 'will they allow you to withdraw cash?' Because transferring money out is the same thing.

I don't anyone knows me.
    coylemj wrote: »
    You can only do that in a branch of your own bank, it typically can't be done from a credit union or a different bank.

"Typically" doesn't mean it is never done. ;)

Advertisement