Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Residents anger over noise and horns from 24 hour Krispy kreme

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭KungPao

I donut believe it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,085 ✭✭✭markc1184

Can't remember which one it was but one of the Dublin radio stations where chatting to people in the queue and getting them to sound their horns either Thursday or Friday night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 421 ✭✭e.r

Cause they’re stoned outa the mallet and dying with the munchies ðŸ˜

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,849 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

fin12 wrote: »
    I can’t understand for the life of me how people would actually queue like this. And why are they beeping their horns in the queue?

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/news/we-havent-slept-since-the-opening-residents-anger-over-noise-and-horns-from-24hour-krispy-kreme-37376044.html

It's a new thing and a bit of a fad.
    It should die down in a few weeks. Probably made up of a lot college students.
    People are probably blowing there horns for a bit of a laugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

Crispy creme is inevitable after blowing your horn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Gardai?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Feel sorry for the residents though. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

I can’t understand for the life of me how people would actually queue like this. And why are they beeping their horns in the queue?

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/news/we-havent-slept-since-the-opening-residents-anger-over-noise-and-horns-from-24hour-krispy-kreme-37376044.html

Jesus Christ, that video. For donuts? Absolute morons. Society is beyond fcuked.

Mr Leddy added that there are other 24/7 stores in the area that haven’t appeared to cause problems.

“Being open 24/7 is part of the problem, I mean there are other 24/7 stores in the centre, but I’m not sure what it is with doughnuts.”

What other 24/7 stores is he on about? There are no other 24/7 stores in the area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,325 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

DareGod wrote: »

What other 24/7 stores is he on about? There are no other 24/7 stores in the area.

Leisure plex?

I’m sorry but ye really don’t need donouts that badly..... it’s really f��*cking sad...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

And why are they beeping their horns in the queue?

I've had people killed for less.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Pure stupid…

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 268 ✭✭ShaneC93

I thought the doughtnut mania was over in Ireland, some of the chains have popped up in recent years looking to put a doughtnut shop on every street in Dublin have died out in the past year. Krispy Kreme doughnuts are nice but they aren't drive halway across the city to buy one at 2am nice.. Madness that people are actually queueing up for over an hour for them.

If I was living above that honking happening all night the cars below would find some things being thrown down at them. Some glazed icing across their car's windshield blocking their view that they'd struggle to clean off would be some sweet karma.

Beeping their horns, and pulling the wire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

So one single complaint has been made ,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

That footage is insane. The doughnuts are perfectly average.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,158 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

In the meantime there are kids awake and elderly being disturbed and people who just want to relax driven mad ? A few weeks of that is unacceptable and not a laugh at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Jesus Christ, that video. For donuts? Absolute morons. Society is beyond fcuked.

McDonalds used to be 24x7

So get a McDonald and then in for donut for dessert

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    In the meantime there are kids awake and elderly being disturbed and people who just want to relax driven mad ? A few weeks of that is unacceptable and not a laugh at all

Well petition the council to stop the establishment opening 24 hours.
    My point was when ever anything opens it's a bit of a fad and then stops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 268 ✭✭ShaneC93

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    McDonalds used to be 24x7

So get a McDonald and then in for donut for dessert

Much quicker and cheaper just to buy the doughnut in McDonald's.

• Advertisement

I don't live there , I just feel empathy with the residents . A few weeks of that level
    of noise is madness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,666 ✭✭✭✭ted1

I suspect the complaints are from the companies marketing department.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

I’m delighted the NIMBYs never seen this one coming and are now up in arms:)

People really do love to complain about anything in this country

maybe 1 night a bit of messing was going on but now the children can’t sleep and the elderly are dead and the ghost are up all day.....

I very much doubt if I went any night this week near the centre would their be a bit of noise apart from the usual

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    People really do love to complain about anything in this country

maybe 1 night a bit of messing was going on but now the children can’t sleep and the elderly are dead and the ghost are up all day.....

I very much doubt if I went any night this week near the centre would their be a bit of noise apart from the usual

People love to take the piss in this country too . No respect for others

I don't live there , I just feel empathy with the residents . A few weeks of that level
    of noise is madness

I never said I had no empathy for the residents. I feel sorry for them.
    I'd give it a short period of time to see does things improve before closing the place.
    When a new shopping center/supermarket opens for the first while it puts the local residents out either by traffic or noisy deliveries in the early hours of the morning.
    Maybe by encouragements from social media/radio stations/colleges/etc they might be able to deal with the blowing of horns/etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭zapitastas

I’m delighted the NIMBYs never seen this one coming and are now up in arms:)

In fairness would have been difficult to link the opening of a donut shop with that scene of utter stupidity. What sort of a defective wants to sit in a car for an hour beeping a car horn while waiting for a donut.

Ya but you don’t need to beep your horn especially late at night. Isn’t there a law anyway you can’t beep your horn after a certain time at night till 7am. I remember reading that when studying for my driving theory test.

I never said I had no empathy for the residents. I feel sorry for them.
    I'd give it a short period of time to see does things improve before closing the place.
    When a new shopping center/supermarket opens for the first while it puts the local residents out either by traffic or noisy deliveries in the early hours of the morning.
    Maybe by encouragements from social media/radio stations/colleges/etc they might be able to deal with the blowing of horns/etc.

Why so jumpy ? At no stage did I say you had no empathy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Arrival

Anyone simpleminded enough to queue for so long for doughnuts is simpleminded enough to find amusement in beeping the car horn at early hours of the morning while queuing. These people aren't capable of considering others and being mindful of how their actions can be effecting other people

Why so jumpy ? At no stage did I say you had no empathy

Sorry, I was just trying to get my point across.

But yet only one complaint made over it ,

Not tens not hundreds

Ya but you don’t need to beep your horn especially late at night. Isn’t there a law anyway you can’t beep your horn after a certain time at night till 7am. I remember reading that when studying for my driving theory test.

Yes there is a law about this.
    I think somebody said the the radio stations might have caused the fad.
    I know they did it here in Cork a few years ago after live at the marque.
    Lots of people setting in the traffic just joined in for fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

The McDonalds is 24/3, think the plex is open most of the night but the usually kick people out to clean n that.. cant thibk of any others

I say after a few months it won’t be operating at 24 hours.

• Advertisement

Gatling wrote: »
    But yet only one complaint made over it ,

Not tens not hundreds

Well give it another few nights of mindless horn blowing and I am sure they will . Isn't it against the law anyway ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Donuts is there anything they can't do.

The misses just telling me here they are lovely, the miserable b****h got them in work today and brought none home....she is in spare room for the night so

Let's face it a lot of them probably have the munchies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

only in ireland

• Advertisement

Can we organise a boardsie late night donut run

Gatling wrote: »
    Can we organise a boardsie late night donut run

We. Would have to nominate one person to go queue for hours while all the rest wait back in the pub.

Graces7 wrote: »
    only in ireland

Much as it is annoying I am quite sure that such behaviour is not only in Ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Donuts is there anything they can't do.

Quieten down car horns?

I would say their is hardly a car gone near the place after 9 all this week after Sunday’s messing....people would really need to get a life

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

Absolute fucking mongs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

The traffic is also a complete pain the hole since it opened. Hopefully the novelty wears off soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,354 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Only heard about this today.

Just for clarity. What those spanners are queing for is donuts from a donut shop? That can be bought anywhere that sells donuts?

Adjectives fail me...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

People are ****ehawks. Some fool organised a fleadh where I live and I got a week of people singing IRA songs outside my gaff at 2am. Schedule a big gig and people will feel free to piss in people's gardens.

It'll pass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

ted1 wrote: »
    I suspect the complaints are from the companies marketing department.

Exactly. Invent a controversy, add a little bit of scarcity and plenty of "Fear Of Missing Out", implant in everyone's mind that they are open 24/7, job done!

It's an advertorial masquerading as real news.

• Advertisement
Advertisement