Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Childcare in Maynooth

Options
  • 02-10-2018 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭

Hi,
    Does anyone know of creches with availability in Maynooth? I've tried Kinder Crescent, Day Nursery, Kidz at Play and more but none have availability.
    It seems like availability is zero in Maynooth. What does everyone with kids do in the town for childcare?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Rathkenny

macgrub wrote: »
    Hi,
    Does anyone know of creches with availability in Maynooth? I've tried Kinder Crescent, Day Nursery, Kidz at Play and more but none have availability.
    It seems like availability is zero in Maynooth. What does everyone with kids do in the town for childcare?

As far as I'm aware there are now only 2 full service creches in Maynooth - Kinder Crescent and Maynooth Day Nursery. MDN takes children from age 1 and I think Kinder Crescent is now the same although they used to take babies from 6 months. There is also the creche in the college but this is only for staff and students.

Minnows and Kidz at Play are from 2.5 years onwards. So in short the creche situation in Maynooth is absolutely scandalous.

I know a few people who have used creches in Leixlip (Little Harvard), Celbridge (Giraffe) and Kilcock (Kinder Crescent). This is very inconvenient in a lot of cases I'm sure. Apart from that I people use childminders or rely on family. I'd start by putting up an ad for a childminder in Supervalu or just chatting to other parents if your child is in ECCE or school.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Kathy22

We struggled to get a creche space in Maynooth and our little man is in Little Harvard in Leixlip. Brilliant creche with great staff. Likely to put the new baby in there too when the time comes. Edited to add I know of people looking to get their kids in here and I believe there is no availability until the new year. Its crazy how little childcare exists in Maynooth.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

There is a creche in the university too,it might be worth giving them a call

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭AttentionBebe

Moonbeam wrote: »
    There is a creche in the university too,it might be worth giving them a call

Only available to staff and students

Advertisement