Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Climote - must be with Vodafone?

Options
  • 02-10-2018 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭

I rang Home Services Team earlier today to enquire about a Climote (can't get nest as I've 3 zones and I'm not paying €400 for two nests). Was told that the sim card to operate the climote remotely only works with Vodafone users.... Is this true? Bit ridiculous if it is.
    So anyone with a non Vodafone phone can't access climote remotely??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

toby2111 wrote: »
    I rang Home Services Team earlier today to enquire about a Climote (can't get nest as I've 3 zones and I'm not paying €400 for two nests). Was told that the sim card to operate the climote remotely only works with Vodafone users.... Is this true? Bit ridiculous if it is.
    So anyone with a non Vodafone phone can't access climote remotely??
    You might have picked them up wrong. It has an in-built sim card that happens to be on the Vodafone network. As a purchaser, you wont have anything to do with the sim card as such. You just need to have a Vodafone signal where the unit is mounted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Davy wrote: »
    You might have picked them up wrong. It has an in-built sim card that happens to be on the Vodafone network. As a purchaser, you wont have anything to do with the sim card as such. You just need to have a Vodafone signal where the unit is mounted.

100%, I did not pick him up wrong, they can check the conversation.
    The guy I spoke to asked me what network my phone was with, told him eir, he said "sorry, Climote not compatible". He then proceeded to say that my only option would be to buy 2 nests for €400..... And would I like to proceed with this option! Is he on commission from Nest? I'm being given misinformation by an electric ireland rep, and that's bad form. How many other potential customers are being told the same lies?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,687 ✭✭✭corks finest

toby2111 wrote: »
    Davy wrote: »

100%, I did not pick him up wrong, they can check the conversation.
    The guy I spoke to asked me what network my phone was with, told him eir, he said "sorry, Climote not compatible". He then proceeded to say that my only option would be to buy 2 nests for €400..... And would I like to proceed with this option! Is he on commission from Nest? I'm being given misinformation by an electric ireland rep, and that's bad form. How many other potential customers are being told the same lies?
    I've climate for years, wasn't on VF initially,you need a WiFi signal,,, TBH I find it ****e,used turn in itself at all hours,now I turn it off,and only turn it on when I need it

I've climate for years, wasn't on VF initially,you need a WiFi signal,,, TBH I find it ****e,used turn in itself at all hours,now I turn it off,and only turn it on when I need it

Thought it didn't use wifi, only the SIM card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Johnnyhpipe

I’m with Three and have a Climote that works fine. I guess their sim is on vodafone and just needs a signal, that’s all.

You seem disproportionately outraged by this slight misunderstanding.. Lies, checking recorded conversations...its just a little yoke to turn your heating on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

I'm with Eir and Climote works fine. It uses wifi as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,069 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

toby2111 wrote:
    I rang Home Services Team earlier today to enquire about a Climote (can't get nest as I've 3 zones and I'm not paying €400 for two nests). Was told that the sim card to operate the climote remotely only works with Vodafone users.... Is this true? Bit ridiculous if it is. So anyone with a non Vodafone phone can't access climote remotely??

I am with three & can work the climote remotely without issue

I’m with Three and have a Climote that works fine. I guess their sim is on vodafone and just needs a signal, that’s all.

You seem disproportionately outraged by this slight misunderstanding.. Lies, checking recorded conversations...its just a little yoke to turn your heating on.
    Not outraged, just think the rep should know how these things work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi toby2111,

Thank you for getting in touch. Apologies for any error - it is correct that the primary SIM which the technician will put in, is a Vodafone one, however this does not make a difference if the customer's provider is not Vodafone.

If you would like us to look into this query further for you, just private message us the telephone number from which you made the call, and your name and address. If there is an Electric Ireland account for your home, just please also state that you are the account-holder. 

Best regards,
    Una

No problem Una. I'll probably just call again and order a Climote as it suits my system.

• Advertisement
Advertisement