Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rangefinder

Options
  • 03-10-2018 12:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭

Rangefinder has packed it in and looking at getting a new one. Had an old school Bushnell but wondering if anyone has come across Accu Pro rangefinders?

A hell of a lot cheaper and if it does what it says on the tin it’s a good deal.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Never heard of them TBH. Sure if it works and it's cheap then why not.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Sultan_of_Ping

I've an NX7 pro from Precision Pro and can't fault it.

Got it to replace a Bushnell Tour V4 that didn't bounce well when it fell from the bag while it was being loaded into the car one day.

Can't fault the NX7 - function wise, I'd say it's better than the Tour V4 but it lacks a certain "refinement" - the Tour V4 probably looked and felt better in the hand, but saying that I just want an accurate number, quickly and the NX7 does that really well.

The pro version also has slope, which can be deactivated for competitions.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,533 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Not sure if its within your price range, or how good the quality is, but American Golf have a deal on this for the next week, €179 is low compared to some of the big brands:

https://www.americangolf.eu/gps-bags-equipment/optical-rangefinder/leupold-gx-1i3-rangefinder-335513.html?dwvar_335513_variantimage=black%2Fgrey

Plus they appear to be offering an extra 10% off for online purchases after the Ryder Cup which would bring it down a bit further

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭davegilly

I bought this - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Suaoki-Distance-Correction-Flagpole-Horizontal/dp/B01CTPPLLG/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1538945755&sr=8-7&keywords=rangefinders - for €70 on a warehouse deal. Didn't want to spend big bucks as I bought it more for messing around at the driving range as I used GPS on the course. Can't fault it - seems to be as accurate as anything else anyone else I've played with has. I nearly feel embarrassed telling anyone what I paid for it at this stage it's so accurate for so little money!

I know the busnells/nikons etc have far more features but at the end of the day all I want to know is how far away the flag is and this thing tells me to within a yard or two of a busnell a friend uses. Wouldly recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Golfgorfield

AGC wrote: »
    Rangefinder has packed it in and looking at getting a new one. Had an old school Bushnell but wondering if anyone has come across Accu Pro rangefinders?

A hell of a lot cheaper and if it does what it says on the tin it’s a good deal.

i had one for the last 3 years, does everything you want and a 3rd of the price. Its exactly the same as a bushnell internally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Southern Comfort

I found this Groupon offer earlier......

The Youtube reviews are quite good.

https://www.groupon.ie/deals/easygreen-1300-golf-rangefinder-6

Advertisement