Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Set Top Box/DVR Not Functioning

Options
  • 03-10-2018 10:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, I've a new account with Eir and have Eir Vision  Essential. When I attempt to record, I am instructed to restart my set top box. After I restart it, I encounter the same message again. 

I'm also told that timeshifting is not enabled when I attempt to pause/rewind live television. 

Can you please advise the issue here?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭eir: Sarah

Hi Buer,

In order to get this issue resolved I would advise for you to contact our Technical support team on 1890 260 260 and they should be able to resolve this.

Thanks,

Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

eir: Sarah wrote: »
    Hi Buer,

In order to get this issue resolved I would advise for you to contact our Technical support team on 1890 260 260 and they should be able to resolve this.

Thanks,

Sarah
    Hi Sarah, I was on hold for a full hour this evening before having to hang up. I was on hold for 30 minutes last night. On both occasions the advised wait time was considerably less. I had the chat window open for 8 full hours during the day today with no response. I contacted Eir on Twitter and was told they can't respond to technical queries. I've been instructed here to call the telephone number (which doesn't answer).

Can you please explain to me how I'm supposed to resolve the issue if nobody in Eir will take ownership of this issue? Given I see the same issue posted by another poster here it's obviously not an unusual issue and I would expect there is a fairly straightforward solution.

This is horrendous customer service and I'm reaching the end of my patience. Can you please put me in touch with someone who will actually assist me as the response up to this point has been utterly abysmal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭eir: Sarah

I sincerely apologise that you were unable to get through.

If you could PM your account details I will escalate this to our Tech team on your behalf in order to get a resolution.

Thanks,

Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭BoycieIRL

Buer - have you tried resetting the Set Top Box - Look at the bottom of the unit and you should be able to locate the reset pinhole, near the warranty seal. Use a pin or paperclip to press the reset button in 5 times in quick succession. This will reset the box back to factory defaults but like a phone you will lose any settings or content. If this does not work then you will need to get the Set Top Box replaced by eir. Hope this helps

Advertisement