Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aldi Festival/Camping Gear 50%+ off

• 03-10-2018 11:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭

Lots of this gear marked down 50% or more in Mitchelstown Aldi today.

e.g. Standalone hammock - was €49.99 ----> €19.99
    4 main inflatable tent - €149.99 ----> €99.99
    Trolley €12.99
    > €3.99
    Pop up tent €9.99

etc.

100412.2526@compuserve.com

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭fdevine

Worth noting that Aldi price reductions of this nature are not likely to be in every shop.

Mark downs on special buys are at each individual manager's discretion and dependent on demand & stock levels.

Neither of our two nearest Aldi's had any of the camping special buys left on the day let alone now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

fdevine wrote: »
    Worth noting that Aldi price reductions of this nature are not likely to be in every shop.

Mark downs on special buys are at each individual manager's discretion and dependent on demand & stock levels.

Neither of our two nearest Aldi's had any of the camping special buys left on the day let alone now.

I have found late clearance stuff like this is usually across the whole chain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Would have liked the trolley but none in my local (Sligo).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭fdevine

I have found late clearance stuff like this is usually across the whole chain

It depends on whether or not the stuff sold out when first available. If a store doesn't have stock left they don't usually get a restock.

We've seen stuff highlighted by people online as reduced in their local Aldi only to find it still full price in our local one.

Not suggesting that the camping stuff isn't widely available. Just suggesting that it may not be available and/or reduced everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Mayo jonny

Lots of this gear marked down 50% or more in Mitchelstown Aldi today.

e.g. Standalone hammock - was €49.99 ----> €19.99
    4 main inflatable tent - €149.99 ----> €99.99
    Trolley €12.99
    > €3.99
    Pop up tent €9.99

etc.

Was there many of the airtents available? I mailed aldi few weeks ago and they said they were sold out across Ireland. Just mailed them there again so here's hoping.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Jakey Rolling

There were at least two airtents.

FWIW, the main distribution depot for the South is in Mitchelstown, so perhaps the local store got first dibs on these remainders.

100412.2526@compuserve.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 740 ✭✭✭poitinstill

there was airtent in ballincollig on sunday ( the one on Gaa ground side )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Basq wrote: »
    Would have liked the trolley but none in my local (Sligo).
    Yeah would have been useful to transport all your bargain purchases Basq ;)

Seriously though must take a look in my local.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

biebiebie wrote: »
    Yeah would have been useful to transport all your bargain purchases Basq ;)
    Am a bit more conservative now with purchases than I once was..

.. the mortgage put an end to my fun! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

There were at least two airtents.

FWIW, the main distribution depot for the South is in Mitchelstown, so perhaps the local store got first dibs on these remainders.

Also indiependence😉

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 Mayo jonny

Got in touch with aldi to see if there was a way to get 1 of these to dublin or mayo, but nothing they can or will do. Anyone willing to pick one up for me and I'll arrange transport or collection please?

Advertisement