Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting a Garda certificate from abroad

Options
  • 03-10-2018 11:56am
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭

I'm an Irish citizen living in the UK - I have already submitted the application for my police certificate from the UK, but the Irish one seems to be very different. The UK one has a full application form to fill in with lots of detail, while for the Irish one it just says to contact your superintendent and gives basically no detail.

Citizens Information is a bit more informative in this respect and recommends:
    Your application in writing should include the following:

Your full name as on your birth certificate including your maiden name if applicable
    Your date and place of birth (or a copy of your birth certificate)
    Your current address
    All addresses at which you have lived at in Ireland and when you lived there
    The place and purpose for which you require the Certificate

You should also include with your application:

A copy of your passport, driving licence or similar for identification purposes
    A stamped, self addressed envelope

I can't really include a stamped addressed envelope from the UK as I can't buy Irish stamps here. Is this something I could get my parents to do on my behalf, and have them forward the documentation to me?

The other option is that I'm home in Ireland the weekend of the 20th-21st October, would I be better off applying at the Garda station in person then?

I've been invited to apply for the visa already, and need to accept and start the application by 11th October, so time is ticking.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Scarinae wrote: »
    I'm an Irish citizen living in the UK - I have already submitted the application for my police certificate from the UK, but the Irish one seems to be very different. The UK one has a full application form to fill in with lots of detail, while for the Irish one it just says to contact your superintendent and gives basically no detail.

Citizens Information is a bit more informative in this respect and recommends:

I can't really include a stamped addressed envelope from the UK as I can't buy Irish stamps here. Is this something I could get my parents to do on my behalf, and have them forward the documentation to me?

The other option is that I'm home in Ireland the weekend of the 20th-21st October, would I be better off applying at the Garda station in person then?

I've been invited to apply for the visa already, and need to accept and start the application by 11th October, so time is ticking.

Just got one for Argentina buddy, just do it on a pdf send it to your mother get her to print it and stamp the envelope and post in
    Irish one is simple to get

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

My mother went down to the local Garda station and got a form from them, which she scanned and sent to me. I filled it out and sent her back a scan, which she brought into the Garda station the next day. She asked for a receipt, and they stamped and signed an A4 piece of paper for her. I posted the hard copy as a backup, but I guess I needn't have bothered as the certificate arrived over the weekend - I'm pretty impressed by how fast it was, I thought it would take longer!

I have just submitted my online application - exciting! :)

Advertisement