Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank loosing my money AGAIN

• 03-10-2018 12:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 177 ✭✭

Ulster Bank have not lodged the funds into my account for cheques that I lodged 2 weeks ago. I gave the cheques to their Teller and she swiped my card and verified my account and filled out the Cheque receipt. The cheques never went into my account and at least one of the cheques was debited from the account of the person who wrote the cheque.
    Have made several complaints to the Branch and they still are not bothered to resolve this. Mean while I have had wages that have not been paid to people and rent an bills not paid because of lack of funds.
    When ever you ring the Branch number you get an automated service and have to wait 7 to 10 mins to be put through to Belfast. Then you get transferred to the UK line and back to Belfast and each time takes 7 to 10 mins. 25mins plus each time on a call to them, and never once could they transfer me to the Branch or manager. I missed a call once from Branch. When you ring the number back it is a one way number that you cant ring it.
    Their service is an absolute disgrace. This is the 3rd time I've had problems with their banking.
    Is the Ombudsman the best place to complain or the Gardai to report fraud?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Have you considered moving to a different bank?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,286 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Is this a business account? Consumer protections don't apply to business customers in most cases, you only have normal financial regulations.

Ulster's IT systems are so poor that I'd advise any other bank over them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

What is happening is not fraud. Start with the regulator, the Central Bank of Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 177 ✭✭flowerific

Yes have been trying to move bank for over a year now and even that was proving complicated. Have an overdraft facility so not straight forward. Will move as soon as I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭hanaimai

dudara wrote: »
    What is happening is not fraud. Start with the regulator, the Central Bank of Ireland.

The Central Bank don't deal with individual complaints - go to the Ombudsman.

• Advertisement
Advertisement