Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call waiting times & Web chat availability

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Fishdoodle

Paulmc. wrote: »
    @ Finnlee, just cancel your direct debit to Eir, they'll soon get in touch with you
    :pac: ...might backfire though....as you get hit with a penalty for not paying your bill on time - between 20-30 Euro ... then you're back on the call merry-go-round!

Web Support is brutal - when I tried to get in touch to the Loyalty team via Web Chat ... I was offered a 'Great Deal' ...costing around €84.99 for a bundle - ridiculous.
    Anyone paying more than €55 for phone, tv, broadband would do well to shop around. Unfortunately its older people who miss out - those who are not tech-savvy and value brand loyalty get ripped off. The New customer is favored over the person who has given loyalty to Eir over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭ElusiveHaggis

I need to renew my contract but it costs u money on mobile, 30 minutes waiting time apparently.  So I went thru their website for a callback - no sign of that.  So I actually borrowed an old landline phone just for call them...1901, jump thru the hoops and...
    waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Alan666

Unable to Contact EIR. Ive been on hold for pretty much most of the day, roughly, after about 40mins of being on hold each time, it sounds like its trying to connect to someone and then a recording chimes in "we're currently experiencing difficulties connecting to our support". Ive tried online chat but they are too limited in what they can help with. At this point now I just want to compeltely cancel my account, but guess what, I cant. Ive tried 1901 and hey presto, same scenario. Around and around and around in circles. Are they any EIR support folks here who can shed some light on the situation?

Alan666 wrote: »
    Unable to Contact EIR. Ive been on hold for pretty much most of the day, roughly, after about 40mins of being on hold each time, it sounds like its trying to connect to someone and then a recording chimes in "we're currently experiencing difficulties connecting to our support". Ive tried online chat but they are too limited in what they can help with. At this point now I just want to compeltely cancel my account, but guess what, I cant. Ive tried 1901 and hey presto, same scenario. Around and around and around in circles. Are they any EIR support folks here who can shed some light on the situation?
    I'm still waiting...1 hour. Time to choose Vodafone or Virgin...also their waiting music is breaking up all the time. A good sign they can't even do something simple right.

I'll try something...acting like a new customer.

I'm still waiting...1 hour.  Time to choose Vodafone or Virgin...also their waiting music is breaking up all the time.  A good sign they can't even do something simple right.

I tried that earlier, ehhhh guess what, got through straight away, then said I wanted to cancel and he says ehh need to put you through to "the loyalty team" - back to Start alllllllll overrrrrrr againnnnnnnn. Didnt Bill Murray have a movie about this? Groundhog day

• Advertisement

I'm still waiting...1 hour.  Time to choose Vodafone or Virgin...also their waiting music is breaking up all the time.  A good sign they can't even do something simple right.

I tried that earlier, ehhhh guess what, got through straight away, then said I wanted to cancel and he says ehh need to put you through to "the loyalty team" - back to Start alllllllll overrrrrrr againnnnnnnn. Didnt Bill Murray have a movie about this? Groundhog day

Nope 30+mins...wow Eir, you have a most excellent service...

What!  You got through, that is an achievement in itself - I bow before you =;P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Apparently they still have a issue with high volume of calls which has been ongoing for 3 - 4 months. The problems is too many people calling when they have issues and not all the staff they let go.
    So if people could just ignore technical problems and stop calling that would be great!

https://www.eir.ie/support/latest-updates/high-level-of-incoming-calls-to-our-call-centres-00002/

hallelujah - drum roll. I got through, only took about 6hrs of being on hold, the final time it worked was 1hr 19mins on hold and finally call picked up. Felt sorry for the girl on the other end, sounds like a pressure cooker, she said it had been going on since 1st Dec in there. Glad to have finally gotten sorted I can tell ya. never again....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 gaillimh2010

How on earth is this company allowed to operate??? A very elderly parent changed to a new bundle a few months ago and a monthly direct debit payment was put in place. Or so we thought. Each bill for the last few months had an extortionate charge of 18.45 for 'unpaid direct debit'. In Myeir we followed webchat advice and attempted to change the billing to 'recurring card payment' within Myeir. Guess what, next bill same thing. Back to Myeir - it hadn't changed. Contacted Eir 'support' in Webchat again - advised to clear cookies/ try new browser. Did all that, system freezes whenever we try to change payment from DD to 'recurring card'. Calling 1901, on hold forever. Back to webchat - you'll have to call 1901. Try it again- on hold, get cut off, start again, on hold... Meanwhile, this elderly person is getting relieved of 18.45 every month. Scandalous organisation.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭picturehangup

How on earth is this company allowed to operate??? A very elderly parent changed to a new bundle a few months ago and a monthly direct debit payment was put in place. Or so we thought. Each bill for the last few months had an extortionate charge of 18.45 for 'unpaid direct debit'. In Myeir we followed webchat advice and attempted to change the billing to 'recurring card payment' within Myeir. Guess what, next bill same thing. Back to Myeir - it hadn't changed. Contacted Eir 'support' in Webchat again - advised to clear cookies/ try new browser. Did all that, system freezes whenever we try to change payment from DD to 'recurring card'. Calling 1901, on hold forever. Back to webchat - you'll have to call 1901. Try it again- on hold, get cut off, start again, on hold... Meanwhile, this elderly person is getting relieved of 18.45 every month. Scandalous organisation.
    This company is acting in a criminal fashion. I am still getting bills from them every month, despite informing them on their site, and through various emails and instore.  Have given up trying. Comreg on the case now, and even they are slow. Next step is a solicitor. Absolutely outrageous.

Ironic that it's near impossible to communicate with a communications company. Its Eircom minus the 'Com' .... everything up in the Eir :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Absolute cat service - "30 minutes waiting time", then I got cut off with a message "sorry but our call centre is now closed) :mad::mad::mad: 

SO can anyone actually give me a phone number for sales that actually want my call and my business ??? Does one exist

The CEO must know they are in the **** here, question is, what are EIR doing about the appalling lack of customer care? Seems like nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,580 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

vicwatson wrote: »
    The CEO must know they are in the **** here, 
    Who do you think is responsible?

viceatson: Usually you get through sales pretty quickly ... if your a new customer, that is. The only other thing I could suggest is to call v. early in the morning -They start at 8:30am (possibly 8am) ...and youd be more likely to get through if its the loyalty team youre looking for.

vicwatson wrote: »
    The CEO must know they are in the **** here, question is, what are EIR doing about the appalling lack of customer care? Seems like nothing.
    I think they are hiring in house staff to replace the large amount outsourced staff but they let so many people go at once it will take a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 gaillimh2010

Trying again to get through to 1901 this morning. Just had to laugh when I was greeted with this message: "due to bad weather conditions and for safety reasons, one of our call centres is closed"!!! 

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭ppn

Is there something wrong with the eir website and the eir app? 
    I am going around in circles trying to view my 'higher than agreed' bill (yet again) and it keeps sending me back to the login screen, all the while telling me that I am logged in!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

On hold again now. Decided to record my calls for the inevitable bills I get down the line if I ever manage to cancel this thing.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Emmersonn

ppn wrote: »
    Is there something wrong with the eir website and the eir app? 
    I am going around in circles trying to view my 'higher than agreed' bill (yet again) and it keeps sending me back to the login screen, all the while telling me that I am logged in!!!
    Any excuse is better than admitting the truth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭...__...

flood the eir shops and demand they call 1901 for you tell them you have no phone to call. 
    Lets see what excuses they come up with. 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

1 hour yesterday
    45 minutes so far today waiting to get through to "loyalty"

What a load of balls of a company

Think I'll just call Sky

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Paulmc.

Is there any eir reps on here at all now????
    I've just gotten a ridiculous bill, tried ringing but as you all know it's an absolute ****e service. Next step is to cancel DD and with a bit of luck they'll contact me then, unless a rep can sort it out here for me. We can but hope :rolleyes:

Paulmc. wrote: »
    Is there any eir reps on here at all now????
    I've just gotten a ridiculous bill, tried ringing but as you all know it's an absolute ****e service. Next step is to cancel DD and with a bit of luck they'll contact me then, unless a rep can sort it out here for me. We can but hope :rolleyes:
    Best to start your own thread on that. The reps don't comment on this thread as it's not their fault that the company is understaffed and Eir refuse to make an official comment on the matter. 

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Paulmc.

I understand, but they generally reply and ask for details in pm, or so I'm hoping

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

What the hell is going on with Eir.

I can't speak to anyone. No chat available, when chat is available, they tell me to call. When I try to call, I'm left in some seemingly never-ending queue with no end in sight. 

Do yas not want my money or something, because I'll give it to someone else if that's the case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭TigerTim

Jaxxy wrote: »
    What the hell is going on with Eir.

I can't speak to anyone. No chat available, when chat is available, they tell me to call. When I try to call, I'm left in some seemingly never-ending queue with no end in sight. 

Do yas not want my money or something, because I'll give it to someone else if that's the case.

Same experience here. No joy with 1901, E-mail is "being upgraded" for the past 6 months so you can e-mail them. Tried the chat with some dude in India. Told me he couldn't help me & to dial 1901. I told him no one answers there & he told me to call at 8.00 AM in the morning when their workload is low. WTF. Tried our local EIR shop. No joy. Got the e-mail address Customerfirst@eir.ie  & they replied "we are unable to deal with the general query. In this case, I would request you to call our direct loyalty team at 1800 303452 they will check and help you with this. ". Tried that number & waited for a while but no joy. What a crap customer service.

T.

This is what happens when you let go of 650 outsourced staff before training in new staff.
    If you are out of contract the best thing to do is move company, there are plenty to choose from.

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/technology/eir-to-insource-950-jobs-after-it-ends-call-centre-contract-1.3625758

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭fmlarnapairce

1 hour 40 mins on hold.
    Transferred 3 times, and as i was waiting to speak to person #4 the call just dropped from Eir end. 
    Now when i call 1901 it won't even allow me to start the process again as they are experiencing problems. 
    Understatement. What a joke. 

Advertisement