Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GNIB Renewal - this is ridiculous

Options
  • 03-10-2018 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

We have been trying to book an appointment for my wife for two whole weeks and could not find any slot available. At the end, she had to pay someone to get the appointment. I was shocked when she told me this the other day :eek:

The system is a joke and even worse than what it was before. People had to get up early and queue to be seen but at least it was a fair game and you were able to get it on the same day.

It is like going a bad circle as there are people selling the appointment slots and that's probably the main reason (if not all) why people no longer find any available slots on the official website. And more people will pay to get the appointment because of this. :mad:

The process is a failure and it does not look like anybody gives a damn about it as it has been going on for years!

Comments

who have you reported this to other than boards

• Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭OMM 0000

I used to work for a company which had a very similar appointments system. People used to book the appointments and sell them.

I'm sorry you have to deal with this nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Mythago

Same situation here, Wife's GNIB is due for renewal on 6th Oct. Called in yesterday and was told appointments for Saturday would be released today. Briefly managed to get an appointment for Mon 5th Nov but, lost it thanks to the Captcha system. No intentions of paying for an appointment though!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭jjcczz1221

who have you reported this to other than boards

Nope, not sure where or who I can report it to....

• Advertisement

OMM 0000 wrote: »
    I used to work for a company which had a very similar appointments system. People used to book the appointments and sell them.

I'm sorry you have to deal with this nonsense.

Thanks man

Mythago wrote: »
    Same situation here, Wife's GNIB is due for renewal on 6th Oct. Called in yesterday and was told appointments for Saturday would be released today. Briefly managed to get an appointment for Mon 5th Nov but, lost it thanks to the Captcha system. No intentions of paying for an appointment though!

You were luck to get an appointment as we have tried for two weeks but unable to secure an appointment...

Riskymove wrote: »

Thanks for sharing, did not know this... Hopefully they will come up with a permanent solution soon...

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭sallyanne12

jjcczz1221 wrote: »
    We have been trying to book an appointment for my wife for two whole weeks and could not find any slot available. At the end, she had to pay someone to get the appointment. I was shocked when she told me this the other day :eek:

The system is a joke and even worse than what it was before. People had to get up early and queue to be seen but at least it was a fair game and you were able to get it on the same day.

It is like going a bad circle as there are people selling the appointment slots and that's probably the main reason (if not all) why people no longer find any available slots on the official website. And more people will pay to get the appointment because of this. :mad:

The process is a failure and it does not look like anybody gives a damn about it as it has been going on for years!

Hi there,

That is ridiculous!!
    How are people actually supposed to get an appointment? Who did your wife pay and where should people look to pay for appointments?

Advertisement