Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LS cycling jersey - recommendation.

Options
  • 03-10-2018 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭

Need to buy a LS cycling jersey for cooler cycling conditions.

Does anyone here have any experience of B'WIN brand jerseys? Would welcome some recommendations in the €40 - €60 price range. Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,123 ✭✭✭homer911

Isnt that a Decathlon brand?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

I have both jerseys below - with a base layer if needs to get really cold before you need to go for a heavier jersey/jacket. Great jerseys.

https://galibier.cc/product/gino-light/

https://galibier.cc/product/le-coucher-wind-jersey/

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭PJ_RS1800

marvin80 wrote: »
    I have both jerseys below - with a base layer if needs to get really cold before you need to go for a heavier jersey/jacket. Great jerseys.

+1 on the Gino Light.
    It's been my go-to Jersey for evening/dusk/night time MTB-ing for the past 4 - 6 weeks, with a light base layer.

You can never go wrong with Galibier!

PJ_RS1800 wrote: »

You can never go wrong with Galibier!

When I started cycling I used the lidl/aldi stuff but then wanted to upgrade - some of the other brands are ridiculous prices but Galibier are decent and I'm familiar with their sizing so I usually buy my stuff from them - that's why I'm always banging on about them here!

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Luxman

Another for Galibier. Super stuff, very competitive prices and superb customer service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Maidhci

marvin80 wrote: »

Thank you marvin and the other posters for their recommendations and information.

How do you find the Galibier sizing chart? I presume it is reasonably accurate, but would like an opinion regarding fit etc. etc. Thanks again.

I've a few of the DHB ones I got last autumn/winter, go a size up on them. I found them on the short side too compared to others and i'm not that tall but decent value when you find the fit that suits you.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Gabba 2 is my go to jersey at this time of year.

Maidhci wrote: »
    Thank you marvin and the other posters for their recommendations and information.

How do you find the Galibier sizing chart? I presume it is reasonably accurate, but would like an opinion regarding fit etc. etc. Thanks again.

I'm 5'11 and about 73kg and a medium in those 2 tops fits me perfectly. The most I'd wear under them is a base layer. Galibier are very good with returns as well - no problem returning for a different size.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,450 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Maidhci wrote: »
    They normally flag if it's a race fit or not. I've been looking at different options, but keep coming back to Galibier as value for money I just find them the best option!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Gabba, Parentini Mossa, Sportful Fiandre or Gore Phantom 2.0 would be my choices. Galibier for the wetter days maybe. First 3 are racier cut, Gore Phantom is the exact opposite. Loads of room, removable sleeves, keeps you warm when it's a bit chilly, if it gets too warm it's versaitle.

I'm 5'11, 75 kg and go XL, XL, L, Medium and L for the brands above (in the order they appear)

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭lissard

Short- sleeved Castelli Gabba paired with Nanoflex arm-warmers covers nearly every weather condition when the temperature sits between 15 and 5 C (i.e. most of the year in Ireland). Probably the most useful piece of kit I have purchased over the years. Unfortunately outside the price range the OP mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Weepsie wrote: »
    Gabba, Parentini Mossa, Sportful Fiandre or Gore Phantom 2.0 would be my choices. Galibier for the wetter days maybe. First 3 are racier cut, Gore Phantom is the exact opposite. Loads of room, removable sleeves, keeps you warm when it's a bit chilly, if it gets too warm it's versaitle.

I'm 5'11, 75 kg and go XL, XL, L, Medium and L for the brands above (in the order they appear)

I’m the same, 5’11” and 76kg with 38” chest. Size L Gabba is perfect fit. XL would be too loose and flappy in the chest.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,786 ✭✭✭✭dahat

I'm looking for something similar as the OP and been looking at 2 Galibier options

GINO LIGHT

GINO PRO

Has anyone got user experience of either?

I already have the Tourmalet for wettish days so need something to go underneath & for less cooler days.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Luxman

dahat wrote: »
    I'm looking for something similar as the OP and been looking at 2 Galibier options

GINO LIGHT

GINO PRO

I already have the Tourmalet for wettish days so need something to go underneath & for less cooler days.
    Sorry but I don't have any experience of either but do generally favour Galibier stuff and in fairness the PRO version looks the bomb :-)

dahat wrote: »

GINO LIGHT

GINO PRO

Post 3 (myself) and 4 above recommend the Gino Light - you know yourself, you can't go wrong with Galibier gear

Advertisement