Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v9] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Junior has Fanconi Anemia and needs bone marrow,
    will Orla and Tommy have to have another matching child

I suppose we will have weeks of Orla going around wailing like a banshee to look forward to :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,850 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Junior has Fanconi Anemia and needs bone marrow,
    will Orla and Tommy have to have another matching child
    good lord really - another unusual illness , what was it that Dermot fahey's Son was diagnosed with , something unusual wasnt it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

good lord really - another unusual illness , what was it that Dermot fahey's Son was diagnosed with , something unusual wasnt it?

And Barry O'Hanlons kid, well I think the kid was Bella's but now I'm going way back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Ah no, it's started again....

Fair City at 8.30pm

So annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭LushiousLips

Loving Orla's hair

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Hoiler than thou Jake the fake, such a tool of a character.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Leonidas BL

Fairly ****ty!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭tototoe

Not more wayne orla and junior, the most annoying family ever. no doubt tommy will have to donate. Yawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Heard Wayne on the radio today. His house was burned in the fire in california. Never knew he lived there.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭dSleeper

What a load of hydrollix. Another episode of nothing.
    No real story atm, snarled/Robbie/Haley is a bit flipping weak. I mean really. Robbie and her.
    Sexy cop my arse...limerick.

It’s like the writers have said...not sure what we’ll Do so we’ll do nothing.

Even boards has gone quiet and that used to be the good part. Bring back Kerry Anne. - sure she was poor, but at least very slaggable.
    Yawn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Niall_76

Hoiler than thou Jake the fake, such a tool of a character.

I agree.. and what Chile did Jake go to? I’m pretty sure I’m the one I know that it is not dinner time when it’s breakfast time in Ireland.

Turned on the TV at 8.30pm. Fair City was on at 8.00pm.
    Make up yer minds.
    I hate RTE.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭dixiedan

I'm a bit behind in episodes , so just catching up.

But Robbie and Hayley :eek::confused:

Gimme a break!

And Hayley has a very annoying habit of kinda sucking on her mad red lips or tongue when she gets annoyed!

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Mrs cockett

fin12 wrote: »
    I suppose we will have weeks of Orla going around wailing like a banshee to look forward to :pac:

Like the time Junior was in hospital with an ear infection, when he was a baby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

dixiedan wrote:
    And Hayley has a very annoying habit of kinda sucking on her mad red lips or tongue when she gets annoyed!

This drives me mad! Same facial expression constantly. Little shake of the head too

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Defaulter1831

A work colleague took her mam to St. James hospital, Dublin today. The colleague watches Fair City and bumped into Karl Shiels aka Robbie.

She said he looked worse than on tv. His face looked terrible, he was slouched and shuffling along. She felt he was quite ill, which is sad. When she said he looked worse than on tv I felt he must be ill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,998 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

They got him settled in hospital fast!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

They got him settled in hospital fast!

Robbie's having dinner with the new in-laws. Dolores comes in and tells Wayne and Orla that Junior is sick.They take Junior to the hospital. Next scene, Robbie is leaving after dinner, meanwhile all tests have been completed on Junior. Fair City is set in another universe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭Sparko

I wish they'd throw in the odd scene where Cristiano and Jake speak Spanish to each other, surely they'd speak it when they were by themselves. Just for a small bit of realism every now and then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

So they are throwing in a big story about a kids illness with no build up whatsoever and based solely on how many weeks Orla and Wayne are available for. FC do this all the time. Remember Melanie, was in the street shouting into her phone at every accommodation agency in Dublin every 2 seconds outside the Station, Vinos and you couldn't walk down the street without bumping into her or her son, Now she has vanished!

Typical FC- start a story and make it a bit "topical" or "edgy" (after a lazy Google Search of What makes soap storylines interesting), cram a slow burner into 3 weeks and boom, next cast switch please. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Robbie's having dinner with the new in-laws. Dolores comes in and tells Wayne and Orla that Junior is sick.They take Junior to the hospital. Next scene, Robbie is leaving after dinner, meanwhile all tests have been completed on Junior. Fair City is set in another universe.

Simon Harris would love to be able to Tweet about it I'd say!

After 29 years and 2 months, I have decided to stop watching Fair City. The chopping and changing of starting times was the last straw.

Nice to hear Robbie saying Slan to Haley’s parents.

After 29 years and 2 months, I have decided to stop watching Fair City. The chopping and changing of starting times was the last straw.

Aww :( it’s a pity cause the thread has a small number of posters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

If I see one episode a week these days, it's a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Sammber wrote: »
    wow so much trump derangement syndrome in this echo chamber
    trump 2020 and there is nothing you fag gots can do about it
    ahahahahahahahaha

His term hasn't done anything for education I see.

fin12 wrote: »
    Aww :( it’s a pity cause the thread has a small number of posters.

That’s coz it’s rubbish . There’s nothing to talk about anymore, nothing is happening, no continuity of actors or stories, big focus on getting Doug set up with yer woman then nothing. Huge focus on what could have been a homeless story, then that vanishes. Jane Paul and Tommy what was the point ?

Instead we have months on Carol , will she won’t she leave ? We had this with Robbie , off he went to Kazhakhstan , lots of tears and goodbyes . Then he trundles back a few weeks later to the same ole same ole with Carol. Sick to death of Carol and her crooked snarly mouth and greasy Robbie . **** or get off the pot FFS.

Now another “Junior in hospital “story for Orla and Wayne ......cue more wailing and screaming .............deja vue :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭Sparko

Wayne needs 2 people to manage his website, yet they both sit around the same laptop? Pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Defaulter1831

I found Orla's reaction to Junior's bruises bizarre. 'Oh the nurse thinks we did it'.

Surely your focus and worries would be about your sick child. utterly bizarre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭jos28

Junior is in the 'magic' room where all who enter are miraculously cured of all ailments. Heart attacks, serious head injuries, gunshot wounds.......etc....

PS I thought the little boy who plays Junior was so cute trying to keep his eyes closed last night

jos28 wrote: »
    Junior is in the 'magic' room where all who enter are miraculously cured of all ailments. Heart attacks, serious head injuries, gunshot wounds.......etc....

PS I thought the little boy who plays Junior was so cute trying to keep his eyes closed last night

He is so cute, he comes out with a few funny lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

Gone that way myself. Was so bad i kinda a liked it. Now it’s just ****e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭henryforde80

Gone that way myself. Was so bad i kinda a liked it. Now it’s just ****e.

I bet anything you will watch it sunday :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

How the hell does an ould bollix like Robbie get to 'date' a fine young wan like Hayley?
    Talk about Beauty and the Beast!
    I'd love to know how Robbie 'courted' her in the first place.
    Did he look out from under his rapidly - greying mop and whisper lustily in her ear, "Know what? With your good looks and my fabulous hair, we can be anything we want to be. Top of the world, Babe!"
    And more to the point, why in the name of Jaysis does her parents approve? Not just approve, but are so impressed that they bring him around for dinner at their house. (Obviously, the food that's served in the Station must be brutal)

Gawd, wouldn't your heart be broken at the sight of poor, delicate Junior suffering a serious bout of illness (again)? The poor little divil, sobbing his tiny heart out, was so moving, I found myself wiping tears from my eyes.
    Really, it would take a man with a heart of stone not to laugh....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,134 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Hayley's a nasty ****, she's not interested in Robbie, she's just a gold digger, she's using him.. Her parents are just the same, the mother asking the father "how much do you think he's worth" .. 1m ".. A pair of Pimps is all they are.. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Hayley's a nasty ****, she's not interested in Robbie, she's just a gold digger, she's using him.. Her parents are just the same, the mother asking the father "how much do you think he's worth" .. 1m ".. A pair of Pimps is all they are.. :rolleyes:

.....you could say the same about Robbie, he’s using Hayley . Sure he’s still drooling over Carol every time he sees her . I don’t feel sorry for any of them , except maybe Steve , he’s an idiot if he can’t see what’s still there between Carol and Robbie..

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Niall_76

In fairness it was the Da asking. Ma seems at least a bit concerned.

Why does Robbie have to hold the ear of whoever he is kissing? Kissing 101 acting class every time from him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭henryforde80

This pregnancy jumping to conclusions is the most ridiculous thing i have ever seen on Fair city.

Bravo fair city writers, Bravo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭jos28

And she's off............the first sound of Orla whingeing. Get used to it, you'll be hearing a lot of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Carol isn't going. Well I'm in shock here.

• Advertisement

YAY!! Sexy Cop is staying... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭washiskin

Wayne....subtle and sensitive as a brick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,233 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

YAY!! Sexy Cop is staying... :)

How many chickens you count?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭jimwallace197

Sparko wrote: »
    Wayne needs 2 people to manage his website, yet they both sit around the same laptop? Pointless.

Isn’t one of them typing while the other is supplying the knowledge. That’s how it seemed to me anyways

pjohnson wrote: »
    How many chickens you count?

:confused:

Oh FFS Orla and her breathless sniveling, this is going to be horrific for the next few weeks . Talk about doing the same story twice, who the FCKU is writing this ? Have they no memory ? ITS BEEN DONE ALREADY !!!

Wayne is still wearing his lagging jacket... :rolleyes:

Will all of Dolorus's money get spent on treatment for Junior!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Calling it now, child is going to need bone Marrow and one of the Dillon kids will be the only match, likely Zack

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

Calling it now, child is going to need bone Marrow and one of the Dillon kids will be the only match, likely Zack

“Nail on head”

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement