Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v9] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

It would be nice if the truth came out about what Will did all the same. Damo would have the last laugh and it would highlight how much of a psycho Will is. Damo then to meet somebody nice and that ditzy clown to be left on her own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

I can see the truth coming out about Will that he had beat himself up only for someone to really beat him up but no one believes him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,241 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

McLoughlin wrote: »
    I can see the truth coming out about Will that he had beat himself up only for someone to really beat him up but no one believes him

Nora :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Naggdefy

Dearbhla has the worst build for a soccer player, unless she's some sort of female Peter Crouch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,318 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Naggdefy wrote: »
    Dearbhla has the worst build for a soccer player, unless she's some sort of female Peter Crouch.

She'd probably make a good goalkeeper. The one plausible part of the storyline is that she at least looks fit and in shape.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Those Toyoata ads are still using Robbie's voice. What's the protocol there then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Naggdefy

Strazdas wrote: »
    She'd probably make a good goalkeeper. The one plausible part of the storyline is that she at least looks fit and in shape.

That's true on both counts Strazdas. Damo, terrible to be picking on him, is carrying a fair bit of weight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Those Toyoata ads are still using Robbie's voice. What's the protocol there then?

I'd imagine he was paid a set fee for the adverts to run for a certain duration etc

• Registered Users Posts: 15 TheKeno

Isn't Robbie supposed to be in Germany at a beer festival/lads holiday? I am certain Carol mentioned it when he was leaving. Next weeks spoilers seem to suggest his death will be linked to his old army buddy Craig who was in it last year offering him dangerous work abroad. Did I miss an episode or have the writers decided to retcon Robbie's whereabouts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Last I heard he was in London helping a friend open a pub

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,020 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Sabina Brennan who played Tess Halpin back in the early 2000's is on the Today show now!

dave1982 wrote: »
    Last I heard he was in London helping a friend open a pub

I don't think I saw this scene. Thanks. It was implied there was a big time difference in the call Carol made to Robbie during the hour long special.

Any theories on how Mr. Quinn will perish? He never got to meet his friend Andy Pandy :(

Craig is linked somehow. Maybe Robbie over did it on the free gargle in the new pub.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,639 ✭✭✭political analyst

Sabina Brennan who played Tess Halpin back in the early 2000's is on the Today show now!

She's not the only former member of the Fair City cast to become an academic with the title of Doctor.

https://twitter.com/Dr_Niamh_Shaw?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

She's not the only former member of the Fair City cast to become an academic with the title of Doctor.

https://twitter.com/Dr_Niamh_Shaw?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Left Fair City to train as an Astronaut. I thought that was a plot line at first but no that is what really happened .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,145 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Ciaran claimed that Tessa became depressed in the period before she vanished.

It's never been fully explained why she went missing for a long time and why Ciaran thought she was dead.

Didn't she disappear in Thailand when she was with Emmett there. I think she found herself pregnant..panicked and did a runner. Ciaran was convinced she was dead and Emmet had something to do with it.

But then why would Emmet leave Tessa his flat if he thought she was dead and for her to inherit it wouldn't a solicitor need a death cert to finalize all the legal paperwork..or am I getting too far ahead of myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

McLoughlin wrote: »
    Left Fair City to train as an Astronaut. I thought that was a plot line at first but no that is what really happened .

LOL Tracey's sister Frances.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ruraldweller56

LOL Tracey's sister Frances.

The nun?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,981 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

It would be nice if the truth came out about what Will did all the same. Damo would have the last laugh and it would highlight how much of a psycho Will is. Damo then to meet somebody nice and that ditzy clown to be left on her own.

If Cristiano was around I could see Will get violent with him, batter him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,318 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Mena Mitty wrote: »
    Didn't she disappear in Thailand when she was with Emmett there. I think she found herself pregnant..panicked and did a runner. Ciaran was convinced she was dead and Emmet had something to do with it.

But then why would Emmet leave Tessa his flat if he thought she was dead and for her to inherit it wouldn't a solicitor need a death cert to finalize all the legal paperwork..or am I getting too far ahead of myself.

Yeah, it was a bit weird how Tessa ended up somehow owning the flat.

Strange too how she moved to Carrigstown - we know that Ciaran moved there specifically to get even with Emmett, but Tessa had no reason to be there after Ciaran's 'death' / disappearance.

The nun?

That's her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ruraldweller56

That's her.

Jesus lads. That's a blast from the past.

How long ago was that?

Mena Mitty wrote: »

I assume as Ciaran's closet living next of kin, Tessa claimed the flat

Yeah, it was a bit weird how Tessa ended up somehow owning the flat.

Strange too how she moved to Carrigstown - we know that Ciaran moved there specifically to get even with Emmett, but Tessa had no reason to be there after Ciaran's 'death' / disappearance.

I think she stayed for Fionn to get to know Emmett and his family, she lives with Eoghan, she said she was only back to sell the flat which Melanie then rented

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭jos28

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I assume as Ciaran's closet living next of kin, Tessa claimed the flat

Legally she would not have been entitled to sell Ciaran's flat. They hadn't even found his body when she came back. Then again, when have legal details ever concerned the FC writers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,020 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I'm probably off with this but I wonder was the call that Tessa got was from some mental health facility to say Ciaran had being released!

jos28 wrote: »
    Legally she would not have been entitled to sell Ciaran's flat. They hadn't even found his body when she came back. Then again, when have legal details ever concerned the FC writers

Did Tessa say it was their parents flat?

Katy was living there and claiming ownership too :confused:

Why would Tessa let her brother and their parents think she was dead?

That's what is known on the TV Tropes website as "Hollywood Law".

Why would Tessa let her brother and their parents think she was dead?

The parents are dead but not sure if they died before Tessa went missing

Tessa owned the flat before she met Emmett. She went travelling and then got pregnant and went missing etc. Ciarán then used the flat to live in and to keep Katie in etc eventually. When he went missing into the harbour, Tessa returned to sell the flat and reclaim ownership.

How Tessa owned or afforded the flat was never discussed but it was alluded to that she inherited either money or the flat from a dead parent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

I heard a snippet during the week about a surprise buyer for the flat.

My suspicions:

Ciaran
    Barry O'Hanlon
    Ger, Sharon's sister

It's definitely going to be Ciarán posing as the buyer.

Wasn't it Ciarán's flat i.e he owned it ? That is how his sister got it ? So how could he buy his own flat ?

TheKeno wrote: »
    Tessa owned the flat before she met Emmett. She went travelling and then got pregnant and went missing etc. Ciarán then used the flat to live in and to keep Katie in etc eventually. When he went missing into the harbour, Tessa returned to sell the flat and reclaim ownership.

How Tessa owned or afforded the flat was never discussed but it was alluded to that she inherited either money or the flat from a dead parent.

That answers all our questions - I thought Ciaran bought the flat with his inheritance from his parents.

Ciarán is pretending to be a buyer so Tessa will turn up at the flat and he can meet her in private I'd assume. He is probably using an alias and a fake email address. This will prove Tessa hasnt been corresponding with him at least. I hope Fionn takes to his uncle :)

TheKeno wrote: »
    Ciaris pretending to be a buyer so Tessa will turn up at the flat and he can meet her in private I'd assume. He is probably using an alias and a fake email address. This will prove Tessa hasnt been corresponding with him at least. I hope Fionn takes to his uncle :)

Or is Ciaran his daddy? Very close siblings, even though Fionn looks like Emmett

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,363 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

That's what is known on the TV Tropes website as "Hollywood Law".
    Also an anomoly surrounding Hayley's parentage.
    Surely in her 30 years ,she must have seen her birth cert that states who actually gave birth to her?

To thine own self be true

Jesus lads. That's a blast from the past.

How long ago was that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

That’s some sh*t advice Delores gave to Damian.

• Advertisement

Damien should just say good fúckin riddance to bad rubbish.

Damien you thick bastârd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,226 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Wiil and his rug lol. Nutter

WTF is Damien doing :eek:

WTF is Damien doing :eek:

She must be a god in the sack. No other decent quality about her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

Ciaran is gonna pocket that key

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

“I’m here, aren’t I” *smug face*

Go on, Damo!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,757 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I love what Damian is doing, playing Will, knowing it is driving him mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

I loved when Nora told Barry she's not a violent person. After she bashed his head in and put him in hospital 🀣

Was Nora this brave and violent with Cathal or Aoife who also hurt Robbie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,145 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

“I’m here, aren’t I” *smug face*

Go on, Damo!!!

Best oneliner in yonks !

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement