Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v9] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,849 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

So guys is Melaine gone?

What were all those ads with her looking shocked at Ciaran about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,593 ✭✭✭political analyst

Also an anomoly surrounding Hayley's parentage.
    Surely in her 30 years ,she must have seen her birth cert that states who actually gave birth to her?

False info on a birth cert is nothing new.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,676 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I'd have though it was Harmony that might have been the one they adopted.

Reared in Darndale, parents and siblings have strong Dub accents but she sounds like she comes from the mid west.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 TheKeno

Why isnt anyone questioning why Barry was in the back of that transit van? Do we know where the van is now? Barry seems very calm for someone who was almost taken away by persons unknown to be caged up :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

TheKeno wrote: »
    Why isnt anyone questioning why Barry was in the back of that transit van? Do we know where the van is now? Barry seems very calm for someone who was almost taken away by persons unknown to be caged up :D

That really was a pointless scene. I thought they'd have made a big impact with his first appearance again - the apartment one would have been enough TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

should be a tv show called - im a fair city script writer get me out of here.... lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Yes Barry never asked Nora about this

should be a tv show called - im a fair city script writer get me out of here.... lol

To win you have to come up with a strange object such as a door or a desk to murder somebody!

He's like Ray Donovan, he's remaining calm whilst biding his time to unleash his revenge on the residents of Carraigstown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Wasn’t that a Uk number Caoimhe has?

• Advertisement

Is Dearbha and Laura going to go with one another?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Worse excuse than Bobby reappearing in the shower

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Seriously. A good story line been ruined with all this pitch rubbish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

fin12 wrote: »
    Wasn’t that a Uk number Caoimhe has?

0049 - Germany

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

What the hell did Melanie do to that mattress?!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

So I guess Will just get hotter and hotter under the collar before it all blows up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

"I worked in farms up and down the country"....

Ha ha, this isn't Australia, its Ireland, where everyone knows everyone. That was a pretty poor explanation of his disappearance. But to be expected, given the 100 script writers. :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Flowergirl201

Oh ho Will is really turning psycho now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Imhof Tank

Normally I'd agree but that was a pretty good twist in the damian v will story. Loads of posts on here as it aired calling demo a thick idiot for fessing up, i was roaring at the tv myself. Worked out to be a genius move!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

So Tessa went missing to follow a lead that she heard Ciaran had been spotted? What's that all about?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

gwalk wrote: »
    0049 - Germany

Oh right thanks.

"I worked in farms up and down the country"....

Ha ha, this isn't Australia, its Ireland, where everyone knows everyone. That was a pretty poor explanation of his disappearance. But to be expected, given the 100 script writers. :D:D:D

Ya and if there’s one program farmers will watch it’s the news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭Sparko

I hope Ciaran kidnaps Laura next.

Sparko wrote: »

And he force feeds her McDonalds!

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ruraldweller56

On a slightly unrelated point.

Is RTÉ player the ****test thing to have ever been ****ted out of the devil's hole onto humanity?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ruraldweller56

Sparko wrote: »

Eyebrows. Deserves it way more than anyone else.

Fair City was just on Gogglebox.
    One person. "I think the acting has got better on this"
    Second person. "No, we just got used to it."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,206 ✭✭✭jos28

Pathetic scenes between Ciaran and Tessa, what a load of waffle Ciaran came out with. Working on farms down the country :rolleyes: Had to get out of the city :rolleyes:
    Brutal stuff altogether

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Niall_76

So Tessa went missing to follow a lead that she heard Ciaran had been spotted? What's that all about?

I thought she was flying wherever she went?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

I swear to ye, call Harvey Norman and the lady reading out the options sounds exactly like Nora

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭threetrees

The fact that I hate Will so much is a testament to the actor. He's a brilliant psycho.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

jos28 wrote: »
    Pathetic scenes between Ciaran and Tessa, what a load of waffle Ciaran came out with. Working on farms down the country :rolleyes: Had to get out of the city :rolleyes:
    Brutal stuff altogether
    What did you want him to say....I was on dancing with the stars and then in copper face Jack's??????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,194 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Eyebrows. Deserves it way more than anyone else.

No, definitely Laura......Dearbhla's alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

I'd say the actress who plays Laura is hoping for any future ambitions she has that the script writers get shot of her in some way; the storyline's going nowhere.

The Dearbhla storyline's similar; there's no footie action and in any case the thing is pretty pointless to the series itself; she could be written out too; love her brows though unlike others on here; they're as important an accessory as a pair of ankle bracelets or bangles on ears.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭threetrees

I'd love to see a story where Laura is the sporty dictator to everyone but is a closet fast food binger. Could you imagine what Brows reaction would be to finding Laura locked away binging on a couple of Big Macs?

Tessa is very cautious around Ciaran isn't she? Is she going to turn him in?

Thought it was a bit strange that Mairead even had Caoimhes number, they weren't exactly BFFs and what magic words did she use to make her change her mind just like that.

The abuse storyline in the school Andy and Robbie were sent to could have been an interesting one to develop but they seem to be parking that one up as well.

Seems like we're back to boring storylines like not wanting to play a game of soccer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭tototoe

Seriously, the soccer ball storyline is daft to say the very least. Wtaf is that all about? Laura, derabhla and Dean are fast becoming the new Cass, leo, bella..zzzzzz

And as for Mairead calling caoimhe....ya right. Would never happen that easily.

As for ciarans return..what a complete and utter waste of bringing a character back. He bundled Barry into a van, for presumably, the craic?..and now is having the chats with Tessa about days of old.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

I assume that the truth will somehow come out about Will actually self inflicting the head wound. Damo will be in the bad books more than ever in spite of having told the truth at the outset - if we knew the truth we could have got Will (who has taken the level of psycho up a good few bars at this stage) the help he needed sooner, blah blah blah. It will highlight how crap Dolores advice was.

Maybe its just all too predictable or maybe I should be a scriptwriter in my spare time. Thank you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Did Caoimhe or Damo tell Mairead about Will having Phoebe help him spy and cause trouble for her and Damo?

I think Will will get injured again maybe more seriously and Damien will get the blame.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,194 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Did Caoimhe or Damo tell Mairead about Will having Phoebe help him spy and cause trouble for her and Damo?

No, in fact. She knows nothing about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 TheKeno

Tessa seems reluctant to tell Ciarán about Fionn. She was about to but she got concerned when Ciarán mentioned his hatred for Emmett. In fairness, Emmett is the cause to a lot of their problems, Katie's problems and he was one of the ring leaders in that cult. I remember he was going to assault Doug when Doug tried to help Hannah. Tessa needs to show loyalty to her brother.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,206 ✭✭✭jos28

Tonight the night that Carol finds out about Robbie's death. Have to say that if this story is true it seems somewhat ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,156 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

I think Will will get injured again maybe more seriously and Damien will get the blame.

Fake his death and smear "Damien did it" on the wall a la The Office.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,710 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Caddle is in this show decades..how is she becoming less and less convincing as an actress?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

Thats either a really cheap suit or yates just looks waaaaay better in casual clothes !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Sounds like Tessa on the new Liberty insurance ad.

Given Robbie is really dead, this is genuinely sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Robbie was shot in South Africa, ah ffs, it's worse this show is getting by the episode

• Advertisement

GoneHome wrote: »
    Robbie was shot in South Africa, ah ffs, it's worse this show is getting by the episode

Well they couldn't have a storyline where he could return in the future.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement