Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v9] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

Maybe when Melaine was leaving she spotted Ciaran and he locked her up somewhere!

I can imagine the petition already, starting now, to get Ciarán to just kill her already

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Niall_76

pjohnson wrote: »
    Alex wanting to play cards with him was the randomest fookin thing. Dont blame Ciaran saying no.

Writers stupid way of having some kind of interaction with others. Would Alex not have known Ciaran ? At the very least he would’ve seen newspaper pictures. They made such a big deal of paparazzi hounding Katie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,985 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Eoghan asking Mairead to mind Fionn was so random, the child would not know her, has she ever talked to Tessa or Eoghan bar shop service chatter before

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Mondo must have some dose of the scutters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

This Tessa and Ciaran stuff is sh*te.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Nice tribute to Robbie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

Naggdefy wrote: »
    2 incest storylines since 2003 would be a lot. Considering they had just one abortion storyline I can remember, Niamh and Leo Dowling in the 1990s, which would be more common..you'd imagine.. Not many teenage pregnancy storylines either.

I think there's another potential incest story in the pipeline, Yates could be Haley's father.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

fin12 wrote: »
    This Tessa and Ciaran stuff is sh*te.
    One of them is obviously lying. I think its brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

fin12 wrote: »
    Nice tribute to Robbie.

Agreed

• Advertisement

Seamai wrote: »
    I think there's another potential incest story in the pipeline, Yates could be Haley's father.

I thought that too but he didn't seem to know Sharon Curley (sorry I can't think of Tina's character's name)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,716 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Fiona adds nothing to the show, all she has done since she first appeared was give sarky comments to various different characters and be a bed warmer for Paul in her spare time.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Fiona adds nothing to the show, all she has done since she first appeared was give sarky comments to various different characters and be a bed warmer for Paul in her spare time.

She could warm my bed any day ;), what she see's in cue ball I'll never know :rolleyes:.

For a second I thought Robbie’s belongings in the envelope was his ashes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,137 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I thought that too but he didn't seem to know Sharon Curley (sorry I can't think of Tina's character's name)

https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2019/0929/1078554-fair-citys-yates-gets-some-unfriendly-advice/

I think she is a good bitch

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Naggdefy

Hayley and the auld lads.. Bizarre.

She doesn't look 30, the actress, Rebecca Grimes, who plays her is that age too.

A good bitch :D

I know what you mean and agree. Will's a good psycho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

I liked how they had most of the cast there tonight for Robbie's tribute, you could tell so many of the tears were genuine.

I must admit, I had tears in my eyes. God rest Karl Shiels, much, much too young.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,020 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I think she is more of a traditional soap bitch!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

• Advertisement

No Decco, Leo, Callum, Mondo, Tommy or Jane

I thought Hayley would be more upset

Carol's grief felt so raw, real and emotional, I suppose real for Aisling :(

RIP Robbie/Karl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,319 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

One of them is obviously lying. I think its brilliant.

It must be Ciaran.....he seems to be mentally ill

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,441 ✭✭✭jhegarty

The storyline is going to be that Ciaran used to sexually abuse Tessa when they were teenagers

This , but the other way around.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭mojonta

Seamai wrote: »

She'll probably be pregnant before it comes out

Was Bob, Renee or Orla at Robbie's special toast celebration at The Station?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Was Bob, Renee or Orla at Robbie's special toast celebration at The Station?

Orla was; Sean the Barman said something (I think it was Sean anyway) about Orla (and Carol) having been in receipt of Robbies sharp tongue over the years; I can't recall much interaction between them though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

What's the story with sash? Is she still in Prague?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

She must be about to have the “child of Prague”

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    Orla was; Sean the Barman said something (I think it was Sean anyway) about Orla (and Carol) having been in receipt of Robbies sharp tongue over the years; I can't recall much interaction between them though.

I must have missed seeing Orla

How come her or Ray didn't call to the house like Barry?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭jos28

She must be about to have the “child of Prague”
    I saw her (Stephanie Kelly) in town recently pushing a buggy, she looked fab. Wonder if her maternity leave is nearly finished.

• Advertisement

jos28 wrote: »
    I saw her (Stephanie Kelly) in town recently pushing a buggy, she looked fab. Wonder if her maternity leave is nearly finished.

Was she still orange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

mojonta wrote: »
    She'll probably be pregnant before it comes out

That's what I'm hoping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭jos28

bazermc wrote: »
    Was she still orange.

Not a hint of orange in sight :D

Decco surely would want to contact her to let her know about Robbie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

Decco surely would want to contact her to let her know about Robbie

The poor girl's been exiled and pregnant for what seems like 2 years. Has anyone told her about Junior's miraculous recovery? Well, he must have recovered, because his ma's had a complete makeover and started a brand new business, and hasn't even mentioned Junior once in recent weeks. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Niall_76

Is that the end of the football team?

Damo walked out the door of McCoy’s (bizarrely with plastic bottles of water the pub had for some reason) to go to the game and before the door had shut was walking back in alone having lost. You’d think at the very least his sister would be with him.

Also was asking people to come back to McCoy’s for a celebration that night when he was heading to the station for Robbie’s send off. While it was nice I thought it was a bit strange Carol and Nora weren’t at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Sparko

The poor girl's been exiled and pregnant for what seems like 2 years. Has anyone told her about Junior's miraculous recovery? Well, he must have recovered, because his ma's had a complete makeover and started a brand new business, and hasn't even mentioned Junior once in recent weeks. :pac:

I wonder who was minding Junior the other night - Wayne, Orla, Pete and Dolores were all in the pub. Nora or Carol were hardly available to babysit.

Maybe Melanie took him to Armenia.

Sparko wrote: »
    I wonder who was minding Junior the other night - Wayne, Orla, Pete and Dolores were all in the pub. Nora or Carol were hardly available to babysit.

Maybe Melanie took him to Armenia.

Was Dearbhla at The Station?

Niall_76 wrote: »
    Is that the end of the football team?

Damo walked out the door of McCoy’s (bizarrely with plastic bottles of water the pub had for some reason) to go to the game and before the door had shut was walking back in alone having lost. You’d think at the very least his sister would be with him.

Laura was too busy reviewing their performance and preparing notes on how they can improve next season for any of that nonsense

• Advertisement

this is the stupidest thing ever. Do the writers think we all have amnesia, or we compartmentalise things the way they do? Junior was almost dying a few months ago, snotty Orla screaming like a banshee, day in day out of the serious voiced doctor in the hospital - then nothing. Junior isn't even mentioned now, Orla's walking tour business set up (but that's stopped lately too!), Wayne out drinking with Damo, no mention between Orla and Wayne of this progress of Sash's pregnancy or the excitement of the baby coming to "save" Junior's life!

Suddenly next year when Sash is back off maternity leave (in real life) she will turn up with a huge fake bump or else a baby and Orla will say "oh yeah sorry I forgot about the baby we needed to save Junior's life - did everything go ok? " Cue back to bone marrow transplant scenes and more screaming and crying from Orla as they suddenly try to save Junior.

The writers don't even make an attempt to keep things relevant, Junior is not even mentioned by his parents, his grandmother Dolores, Pete, concerned neighbours etc. :confused::confused::confused:

Did Caoimhe even mention Junior once during her recent and somewhat pointless return.

Is Nora still with Ray or is she being lined up to become Mrs O'Hanlon. I cant see Barry getting with Fiona or Jane although Hayley could be a possibility if it doesnt work out with Steve.

Did Caoimhe even mention Junior once during her recent and somewhat pointless return.

Is Nora still with Ray or is she being lined up to become Mrs O'Hanlon. I cant see Barry getting with Fiona or Jane although Hayley could be a possibility if it doesnt work out with Steve.

I think Zach and Caoimhe don't care about Junior

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Flowergirl201

I think Zach and Caoimhe don't care about Junior

Sure they have all forgotten about the poor lad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭tototoe

this is the stupidest thing ever. Do the writers think we all have amnesia, or we compartmentalise things the way they do? Junior was almost dying a few months ago, snotty Orla screaming like a banshee, day in day out of the serious voiced doctor in the hospital - then nothing. Junior isn't even mentioned now, Orla's walking tour business set up (but that's stopped lately too!), Wayne out drinking with Damo, no mention between Orla and Wayne of this progress of Sash's pregnancy or the excitement of the baby coming to "save" Junior's life!

Suddenly next year when Sash is back off maternity leave (in real life) she will turn up with a huge fake bump or else a baby and Orla will say "oh yeah sorry I forgot about the baby we needed to save Junior's life - did everything go ok? " Cue back to bone marrow transplant scenes and more screaming and crying from a snotty Orla as they suddenly try to save Junior.

The writers don't even make an attempt to keep things relevant, Junior is not even mentioned by his parents, his grandmother Dolores, Pete, concerned neighbours etc. :confused::confused::confused:

It really sums up where FC and more particularly the writers are at. There is just no sense of continuity, the accuracy around certain storylines is absolutely woeful.

Tina Kelleher hasn't aged too well. She was 26 in The Snapper, 1993.

52 now but looks older and haggard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Tina Kelleher hasn't aged too well. She was 26 in The Snapper, 1993.

52 now but looks older and haggard.
    Did you catch up on sat morning?

Did you catch up on sat morning?

The rugby was on at the same time so I eventually got the last 15 min on the player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,716 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Sure they have all forgotten about the poor lad

Orla and Wayne seem to have as well, can't even remember the last time they mentioned him.

Jaysus Carol's crying is feral.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭tototoe

Jaysus Carol's crying is feral.

Woeful, it's not crying it's a moan. She should take some lessons in crying on screen

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement