Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v9] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,676 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Was like she was barking at one point, I know it's not easy to play someone who is grieving but it just sounded a bit ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭Sparko

Does anyone know if Caoimhe is coming back again, or was that it? Same with Debbie, did she go back to Scotland or what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

Naggdefy wrote: »
    Tina Kelleher hasn't aged too well. She was 26 in The Snapper, 1993.

52 now but looks older and haggard.

Well her character is supposed be to be a tough, chain smoking old bird, she looked better in "Dad" on RTÉ on Sunday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ruraldweller56

Was like she was barking at one point, I know it's not easy to play someone who is grieving but it just sounded a bit ridiculous.

I think she'll wind up having a breakdown. Poor aul Caddle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Did incest happen between Ciaran and Tessa? It’s like as if he thought the kid could be his, saying makes sense you went to Thailand cause u were pregnant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,114 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

I think she'll wind up having a breakdown. Poor aul Caddle

The insurance policy will bring a smile to her face.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭mojonta

Sparko wrote: »
    Does anyone know if Caoimhe is coming back again, or was that it? Same with Debbie, did she go back to Scotland or what?

Dont know about Caoimhe but didn't Debbie and Eoghan get back together? She hasn't been seen since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

mojonta wrote: »
    Dont know about Caoimhe but didn't Debbie and Eoghan get back together? She hasn't been seen since.

No Eoghan said he didn’t want to get back with her.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Niall_76

Did they get some scenes mixed up tonight... Carol said she saw Damo and the missus leaving and then a few scenes later Nora was letting them out of the house.

Niall_76 wrote: »
    Did they get some scenes mixed up tonight... Carol said she saw Damo and the missus leaving and then a few scenes later Nora was letting them out of the house.

Yeah I had to rewind to confirm. Something didn't seem right there. But then Carol was sitting on the couch directly after they left so it wouldn't have even made sense if the scenes were flipped.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

I think Carol said she passed Mairead and Damien on her way into the house as if they were arriving behind her. Then she said "I'll leave you to it" and Nora was left to greet them on her own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Seaman Duck

It really pisses me off all the spar scenes in the program, could they not have built more locations with the new set? Even on Christmas Day everyone in the town is hanging out in spar. FFS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Sparko wrote: »

I thought she was telling Will she was moving back and looking for a job :confused: did she finally complete her medical studies again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭tototoe

It really pisses me off all the spar scenes in the program, could they not have built more locations with the new set? Even on Christmas Day everyone in the town is hanging out in spar. FFS

That's product placement etc for you. Rte need money. That's the reality of it.

From all the waffle about the new set, it's not in anyway noticeanle. IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 TheKeno

Tina Kelleher hasn't aged too well. She was 26 in The Snapper, 1993.

52 now but looks older and haggard.

I am pretty sure that is just the way the producers have the character dressed and the make up used etc.

I have seen pictures of Tina Kelleher outside of Fair City and she looks very well. Did anyone see the 30 year anniversary Fair City magazine given free with the Herald two weeks ago? It showed the whole cast and Tina looked really beautiful.

Jaysus Carol's crying is feral.
    tototoe wrote: »
    Woeful, it's not crying it's a moan. She should take some lessons in crying on screen

I think the actress is playing a blinder myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

They don’t need to introduce wolves back into the Irish country side. Just send crying Caddle out.

Does Alex have any friends, where is Mondo or even Phoebe's boyfriend, still working in the laundrette?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I see Jack likes the Beano

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,849 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Does Alex have any friends, where is Mondo or even Phoebe's boyfriend, still working in the laundrette?

I'm not fully sure.
    I do know when I was Alex's age I'd have found it very strange calling to man who was in his thirties apartment all the time.

Does Alex still work in music part time in the job Paul got him?

How can he afford to eat in Vinos, The Hungry Pig and Spar?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

I'm not fully sure.
    I do know when I was Alex's age I'd have found it very strange calling to man who was in his thirties apartment all the time.
    Who's in their 30s ?

Who's in their 30s ?

Ciaran

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,114 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Who's in their 30s ?

Norman Bates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

branie2 wrote: »
    I see Jack likes the Beano

More product placement.
    Does Alex still work in music part time in the job Paul got him?

How can he afford to eat in Vinos, The Hungry Pig and Spar?

Its just more of Fair City script writers attempting to add a cosmopolitan and unrealistic upmarket feel to what is suppose to be a working class area of Dublin. What kids of Charlotte's or Oisin's age who otherwise appear to be on the dole go into Spar or the likes of Vino's on a continuous basis drinking coffee from paper cups and stand around gassing about free slots in their diaries to pencil in Client meetings?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Well Phoebe's gone on her hockey scholarship that neither of her parents seemed to know about til she announced it so hence her boyfriend's unlikely to make a return.

Storylines like that, and indeed the absence of Mondos daugher Juliette (sp?) are handy ways for the kids who play 'em to return to school.

Mondo's away on his nuptials; think food poisoning was mentioned regarding the football team; must be a serious dose of the scutters; the least FC could've done is send him to Liverpool to visit his ex/go on a shopping trip etc. with daughter for a few weeks.

Lack of logic & continuity's embarrassing at times.

Everything about Alex is strange lately, the way they keep shoehorning him into scenes. Trying to get Damo and Wayne to listen to his music, going to Robbie's memorial, his bizarre obsession with a complete stranger who moved into his old home..

They probably should have just sent him to Armenia with his mother if they're not capable of writing realistic scenes for a teenager.

So what’s the story with Tessa and Ciarán. Are we still thinking incest?

I don’t think I have ever hugged my sister and told her I love her.

I thought Emmett meet Tessa on holidays in Thailand but now did he take her there :confused: is the story being changed?

I think Alex may end up in serious trouble when he relies who Ciaran really is.

• Advertisement

bazermc wrote: »
    So what’s the story with Tessa and Ciarán. Are we still thinking incest?

I don’t think I have ever hugged my sister and told her I love her.
    Most people hug their brothers and sisters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

Since when? I think I might have been about 6 the last time I did.

Do they? Maybe we should do a poll on that one to find out if that is the casetongue.png

I don't hug my brother or sister and think we would all find it all a bit awkward if we did. I know every family is different though.

Eoghan is being a pr*ck to Barry who only is giving some advice for Emmett inside, Eoghan is also a killer himself (accidental of Michael) and Emmett is guilty too :mad:

Do they? Maybe we should do a poll on that one to find out if that is the casetongue.png

I don't hug my brother or sister and think we would all find it all a bit awkward if we did. I know every family is different though.

And don’t forget the “I love you” and “I love you too” rubbish.

bazermc wrote: »
    And don’t forget the “I love you” and “I love you too” rubbish.

Yep, and at the end of any phone calls we keep saying to each other you hang up, no you hang up..... sometimes goes on for 5 minutes solid.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭mojonta

I'm not fully sure.

Maybe Alex just fancies him. I was only half watching but did Alex ask him to go out somewhere with him.

I would of thought Alex would be aiming to pitch his music at a younger demographic. Do kids that age not generally consider people of Damien's and Wayne's age to be almost extinct dinosaurs?

Maybe Alex just fancies him. I was only half watching but did Alex ask him to go out somewhere with him.

I don't think Alex fancies him.
    However I do think the writers are either placing him in the apartment because something may happen in the future to him or they have no idea what to do with him now that Melanie is gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Qrt

fin12 wrote: »
    Wasn’t that a Uk number Caoimhe has?

Nah it was +49, aka Deutschland

• Advertisement

I'm not fully sure.

He asked him to go to a gig to hear his band.

HES BACK !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Naggdefy

HES BACK !

The actor who plays Cristiano had sepsis.

Ohoh, Cristiano is in trouble after psycho Will seen them snaps.

Could they somehow concoct a story with Will and Ciaran working together wreaking havoc.

Anyone heard of the whereabouts of the legendary boards poster Coolhull and his insightful, witty summaries of FC episodes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

So Ciaran nicks the sisters phone......and she doesn't think to ring it to see can she hear it going off?

Or she doesn't use a tracker on it like a Find my iPhone or similar??

The actor who plays Cristiano had sepsis.

That is quite serious, can kill, he is lucky

Closing scenes to Fair City in 2006!

• Advertisement

Looks like Will goes mental next week. At least according to the RTÉ advert.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement