Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v9] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Naggdefy

Hughie has been shouting and roaring abuse in the pub for 10 minutes of last night's episode, starts to dance, with the same people present for it all.

Towards the very end of the pub antics shown Mairead goes 'he's wasted'. You don't say Mairead?! How very prescient of you. No wonder it took her 15 odd years of marriage to cop on to Will. And even with that scenario she still has no grasp on the reality of what's happening there.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Flowergirl201

Naggdefy wrote: »
    Hughie has been shouting and roaring abuse in the pub for 10 minutes of last night's episode, starts to dance, with the same people present for it all.

Towards the very end of the pub antics shown Mairead goes 'he's wasted'. You don't say Mairead?! How very prescient of you. No wonder it took her 15 odd years of marriage to cop on to Will. And even with that scenario she still has no grasp on the reality of what's happening there.

And she was being so high and mighty about it all. Snatching up her bag, and then stood and watched for another couple of minutes. I used to like her character but the last while she is ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,020 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

And she was being so high and mighty about it all. Snatching up her bag, and then stood and watched for another couple of minutes. I used to like her character but the last while she is ridiculous.

I'd the writers changed or they are planning a story about somebody with different personalities!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Did I not hear Eoghan and Katie say that the camera in the chemist had an image of Ciaran picking up a prescription . ?

Then they say "ah they're closed now ".

Surely the guards would have a look at this as soon as possible considering someone is missing ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Eoins mother is kidnapped and he goes for a pint with katie in the pub, bit of an odd thing to do I'd have thought.

Same when Junior was so sick and Orla in the pub and cafe sniffling and crying

Go home or go to your son !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭tototoe

Where are those 2 teenage brats who were hassling Eoin during the Summer ? What was the point of that story line ? It just stopped :confused::confused:

Betty in the RTE canteen was looking for part time work for her niece and nephew while they were off school. Worked out grand in the end. few bob in the hand.

Cynical...me....surely not.

SAMTALK wrote: »
    Did I not hear Eoghan and Katie say that the camera in the chemist had an image of Ciaran picking up a prescription . ?

Surely the guards would have a look at this as soon as possible considering someone is missing ??

Rose being missing is laufable. The residents only seem to search the local businesses for her!
    The most productive thing they did was set up a WhatsApp group.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,137 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Haven't seen Bosco working in the Spar yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Fiolina

Mairead told him he could have as much time off as he needed while Rose is missing :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭maurv2

Fiolina wrote: »
    Mairead told him he could have as much time off as he needed while Rose is missing :rolleyes:

Great job all right:rolleyes:

Every time I hear his name , can't help thinking of the maggoty squeaky puppet from RTE :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

SAMTALK wrote: »

Anyway the chemist could not show them the CCTV footage due to GDPR. The writers should know this basic information

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Likeabossboss

I really want to go on the beer with hughie.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Supernintento Chalmers

maurv2 wrote: »
    Great job all right:rolleyes:

Every time I hear his name , can't help thinking of the maggoty squeaky puppet from RTE :mad:

Or Katie as she’s sometimes known.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

Do the roughest pub tour of dublin with him, you’d need a good quality stab vest, the way Hughie throws insults around!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,414 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

I wonder if the sportsman offered him some of his whiskey & Hughie refused, would the sportsman punch him in the face? :)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

I'd imagine its unlikely Hughie would refuse a taste of the sportsman's whiskey.

I wonder if the sportsman offered him some of his whiskey & Hughie refused, would the sportsman punch him in the face? :)

He might **** him... Ooh. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

He drinks in The Hut in Phibsboro!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Cash_Q wrote: »
    He drinks in The Hut in Phibsboro!

Hughie drinks in real life????? :eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,978 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I think Eoghan prefers Tessa over Katy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    Hughie drinks in real life????? :eek::eek::eek:

Not to excess though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Either I have been in a coma for be the last few months or this is a mistake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

The actors playing Will and Chris on Ireland AM at the moment and its a pure love-fest of back slapping. They talk about "powerful performances" and "dark roads ahead" not to mention how well-researched the script writers are! Despite the fact that they couldn't do research if their lives depended on it. Remember Niamh robbing all of Pauls accounts with one click of a laptop and none of his workers missed their wages? Or Ciaran managing to outwit all of the Guards in Ireland and kidnap an elderly woman without being spotted!

What am I missing? This domestic abuse story is pathetic, typical FC ticking a box of "current" issues and wrap it all up nicely for the Xmas storyline. There was zero build up. Chris went away for a few weeks and Will turned abusive overnight, and all this gushing about how good their acting is. I can only conclude that people these days are extremely easy to please and wouldn't recognise quality writing/acting if it bit them in the a%%.

pjohnson wrote: »
    If Mairead was this attentive when they were together she MIGHT have noticed he was gay......on the other hand him being gay seems to have improved their marriage.

Did she call him her best friend :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

Mairead is the most stupid character Fair City has ever had. I am so sick of her excusing Wills behaviour. He has lied and cheated on her as long as shes known him but hes still ALWAYS completely innocent according to her. Pathetic doesnt begin to describe it.

I enjoyed the Rose and Ciaran scenes

I feel sorry for the local residents having Jack and Carol showing up on their door step trick or treating few days before Halloween!

Holy crap, Rory Cowen is a dire actor.
    And surly one of them dopes would have postered the Station at this stage

On the other hand Hughie is playing a blinder, I know many people like him, great actor

• Registered Users Posts: 33,757 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

They just need Ciaran to kidnap more people...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Tessa didn't once miss her phone since Wednesday??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

On the other hand Hughie is playing a blinder, I know many people like him, great actor

He is exactly like he was when he was in mrs brown boys.

I think the dopes already posted the station but Rorys poster said “still missing”

With McCoys closed the Stations going to be jammers tonight, Caddle is going to have to stop chain smoking and snarling at everyone.

bazermc wrote: »
    He is exactly like he was when he was in mrs brown boys.

I think the dopes already posted the station but Rorys poster said “still missing”

With McCoys closed the Stations going to be jammers tonight, Caddle is going to have to stop chain smoking and snarling at everyone.

Much worse, because on Browns boys, his character was very camp and slapstick which is just an on screen version of himself. But he cannot carry off a serious or straight character to save his life, his expressions are like a rabbit in headlights all the time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

If Rose Katy Tessa and Kieran all have phones surely the police could find where they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

The actors playing Will and Chris on Ireland AM at the moment and its a pure love-fest of back slapping. They talk about "powerful performances" and "dark roads ahead" not to mention how well-researched the script writers are! Despite the fact that they couldn't do research if their lives depended on it. Remember Niamh robbing all of Pauls accounts with one click of a laptop and none of his workers missed their wages? Or Ciaran managing to outwit all of the Guards in Ireland and kidnap an elderly woman without being spotted!

What am I missing? This domestic abuse story is pathetic, typical FC ticking a box of "current" issues and wrap it all up nicely for the Xmas storyline. There was zero build up. Chris went away for a few weeks and Will turned abusive overnight, and all this gushing about how good their acting is. I can only conclude that people these days are extremely easy to please and wouldn't recognise quality writing/acting if it bit them in the a%%.

The guy playing will is quite good.

Anytime FC actors are being interviewed they're always gushing about how great they and their storylines are, they're never questioned about how inconsistent they are, nor the slagging they get online.

Anytime FC actors are being interviewed they're always gushing about how great they and their storylines are, they're never questioned about how inconsistent they are, nor the slagging they get online.

The very small media/celeb circle in this country will never slag or criticise one another because they will more than likely be working together on some format

I think the actress who played Lana did an interview and she said a lot of it was rubbish but she sort of retracted it then. However the writers did get rid of her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭threetrees

Was Jack going trick or treating 4 days before Halloween? What's that about? FC is on on Thursday anyway, no need to move the trick or treating day.

Geraldine Plunkett should be highly insulted having Rory Cowan as one of her co-actors.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

I wont watch it again til that Mrs. Brown fella is gone. Anyone got any idea how long he'll be in it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Sparko

He needs to go. Even by Fair City standards he's shockingly bad. Embarrassingly bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Naggdefy

The very small media/celeb circle in this country will never slag or criticise one another because they will more than likely be working together on some format

Exactly, they have what we used call in science in secondary school, a symbiotic relationship, they live off one another.

All the soap stars, the Francis Brennans, Dermot Bannons, Anna Gearys, Pat Shortts etc etc who appear on the afternoon show with Maura and Daithi or with Tubridy and Darcy are creating interview time for one another, mutual promotion etc. It's a reasonably large clique, but a clique none they less. Paid for by our licence fee really. Some in the clique have some talent. Many like Rory Cowen, and Doireann Garrihy are really poor. It extends to newspapers and social media too, Vogue Williams, Niamh Horan, Stefanie Preissner etc. Who are really forced on us.

Sparko wrote: »
    He needs to go. Even by Fair City standards he's shockingly bad. Embarrassingly bad.

Dont ever say that on the twitter machine, he has a very tin skin, he will block you faster than GO'D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭Qrt

Dont ever say that on the twitter machine, he has a very tin skin, he will block you faster than GO'D

He’s awfully touchy about the most oddly specific things. I remember him going on and on about how bad pedestrianising Liffey Street would be, and I think there were some “boooo cyclists boooo” remarks in there too.

V odd.

Ciaran is going to
    Stab Tessa!

Next week
    Emmet gets attacked in jail and Ciaran is a suspect.

Does Carol have any staff in The Station (Darragh, Sean and Callum????) that she had to ask a stranger Bosco to wait for a delivery which was Robbie's ashes

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Does Carol have any staff in The Station (Darragh, Sean and Callum????) that she had to ask a stranger Bosco to wait for a delivery which was Robbie's ashes

And she had to get the local mechanic / qualified driving instructor to put up some party lights.
    Was Tommy or Pete, the local tradesmen not about ?

And she had to get the local mechanic / qualified driving instructor to put up some party lights.

I think Pete sees himself as Mr Big now with all Dolorus's money!

She could have also asked Barry all taller than Ray :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 840 ✭✭✭The Late Late Show

Sparko wrote: »

I am enjoying FC at present. There are a number of interesting storylines with Ciaran and Will especially. But Rory Cowan is an annoying distraction. He is the exact same as he is in Mrs Brown's Boys and that ain't good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 840 ✭✭✭The Late Late Show

Naggdefy wrote: »
    Exactly, they have what we used call in science in secondary school, a symbiotic relationship, they live off one another.

All the soap stars, the Francis Brennans, Dermot Bannons, Anna Gearys, Pat Shortts etc etc who appear on the afternoon show with Maura and Daithi or with Tubridy and Darcy are creating interview time for one another, mutual promotion etc. It's a reasonably large clique, but a clique none they less. Paid for by our licence fee really. Some in the clique have some talent. Many like Rory Cowen, and Doireann Garrihy are really poor. It extends to newspapers and social media too, Vogue Williams, Niamh Horan, Stefanie Preissner etc. Who are really forced on us.

All true. All the same people are everywhere. TV, papers, radio. FC could do without Rory Cowan but since he left Mrs Brown's Boys, the media had to give him something else to do. Every time I see him and hear his voice, it sends memories of awful Mrs Brown's Boys Christmas specials flooding back.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement