Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v9] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,980 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

All true. All the same people are everywhere. TV, papers, radio. FC could do without Rory Cowan but since he left Mrs Brown's Boys, the media had to give him something else to do. Every time I see him and hear his voice, it sends memories of awful Mrs Brown's Boys Christmas specials flooding back.

Does he do anymore Gogglebox Ireland voiceover narrating?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭jos28

I am enjoying FC at present. There are a number of interesting storylines with Ciaran and Will especially. But Rory Cowan is an annoying distraction. He is the exact same as he is in Mrs Brown's Boys and that ain't good.

Couldn't agree more, decent storylines but I cringe when I see him appear. Not a hope that the luvey brigade in RTE will get rid of him unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Flowergirl201

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Does he do anymore Gogglebox Ireland voiceover narrating?

No Deirdre o kane does it now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,715 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

The fag companies must be delighted with Carol, can't remember the last time she didn't have one in her mouth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭Glebee

The fag companies must be delighted with Carol, can't remember the last time she didn't have one in her mouth.

Shes burning through them tonight all right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,743 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

If Snarler gave up the fags and coffee she would be halfway there with the banks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Great episode tonight. Made darklands look boring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

I think last Sundays episode was meant to be Halloween day and Tuesday to Thursday also still Halloween day

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭mojonta

Rose has been missing over a week now and yet Debbie is nowhere to be seen. Granted, she and Rose weren't the best of friends but she is still her daughters grandmother and given the circumstances surrounding her disappearance you'd think she be around and not leave it all to Bosco to support Eoghan.

Molly hasn't been up to help either, some friend she is!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,020 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

mojonta wrote: »
    Rose has been missing over a week now and yet Debbie is nowhere to be seen. Granted, she and Rose weren't the best of friends but she is still her daughters grandmother and given the circumstances surrounding her disappearance you'd think she be around and not leave it all to Bosco to support Eoghan.

There helping out in the WhatsApp group.
    However the local residents don't seem to care much about them either.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Naggdefy

I'd imagine Debbie is running out the front door of some Scottish house in her black bra showing off again ;)

It's from one hostage situation to another.

Ciaran and his gang. And then the more serious incident of Hughie being held captive by Paul and Barry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭Qrt

Naggdefy wrote: »
    It's from one hostage situation to another.

Ciaran and his gang. And then the more serious incident of Hughie being held captive by Paul and Barry.

Don’t forget the ongoing hostage situation between us and the Fair City writers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I'd imagine Debbie is running out the front door of some Scottish house in her black bra showing off again ;)

To the Scottish equivalent of Cathal Spillane

jos28 wrote: »
    Couldn't agree more, decent storylines but I cringe when I see him appear. Not a hope that the luvey brigade in RTE will get rid of him unfortunately.

Yeah positive discrimination and all. If he was fired he'd probably say it was because he was gay. I'm not saying that's the default of gay people but just Rory Cowan seems very likely to do it, a lot of falling outs, everyone against me etc.

branie2 wrote: »
    To the Scottish equivalent of Cathal Spillane

A Scot with an Irish accent!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I don’t get why anyone selling a business in car rigs town feels they have to sell to someone else living in Carrigstown. Wtf is up with Hughie, I know he’s langers but surely can he not just put the pub up for sale like anyone else and while it’s up for sale let Jane run it and go off to rehab or just get Ciaran to kidnap him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

Jane will probably rent out a room in her/Dermots house and buy the pub with the rent money.

Tessa dies so Eoghan gets Fionn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭leche solara

No Deirdre o kane does it now

Another voice that would do your head in.

There help out in the WhatsApp group.
    However the local residents don't seem to care much about either.

Yes Cas, Laura, Dean or Caoimhe not showing any care for Rose, Tessa or Katy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Even though he is not his blood relative

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Really?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

I really want to go on the beer with hughie.

I did once, very entertaining character !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

I did once, very entertaining character !

It's all your fault
    :eek:

• Advertisement

Really?

I think so.

bazermc wrote: »
    Even though he is not his blood relative
    Really?
    I believe it is her wishes, from her will

If I'm being honest if I was a resident of Carraigstown. I don't think I'd be bothered looking for Katy and whiny voice.
    PS, Where's Alex gone?

If I'm being honest if I was a resident of Carraigstown. I don't think I'd be bothered looking for Katy and whiny voice.
    PS, Where's Alex gone?

Alex is looking in the toilet for Mondo :P

Tessa is beginning to grow on me since we've seen a more human side to her. Trying to give her brother one last chance, her interaction with Eoghan, Katie turning on her, naturally.

She's more likeable than the air head eco warrior. And from a male point of view she's one of the prettiest on FC.

• Advertisement

I know Jackie only dumped Hughie 4 or 5 months ago but the sudden, that's how it seemed to me, decent into alcoholism seemed rushed. One minute he's fine. Next Jane reveals all about him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

I know Jackie only dumped Hughie 4 or 5 months ago but the sudden, that's how it seemed to me, decent into alcoholism seemed rushed. One minute he's fine. Next Jane reveals all about him.

It sort of came from nowhere with the booze. Or maybe I missed something?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭mojonta

Shur why would Caoimhe care, cant see her flying in from Germany to look for a woman I doubt she even knows :p

I know you mean Dearbhla

Shur why would Caoimhe care, cant see her flying in from Germany to look for a woman I doubt she even knows :p

I know you mean Dearbhla

Yes I meant brows Dillon :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

They'll be tied up till next summer at this rate.

What time frame is this meant to be?

It seems like a long night or several days.

Ciaran might be able to sort Barry a flat, he has property contacts :p

It sort of came from nowhere with the booze. Or maybe I missed something?

It didn’t he started drinking more or less straight way after Jackie left, Heather was covering for him and even encouraging him to drink.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭bassy

fin12 wrote: »
    It didn’t he started drinking more or less straight way after Jackie left, Heather was covering for him and even encouraging him to drink.

that,s cause heather wanted Hughie to drink cider THEN RIDE ERRRRRR :D:D

He went off it again or was he drinking away in secret while Jane was away, Stephen fired?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

He went off it again or was he drinking away in secret while Jane was away, Stephen fired?

Stephen might have been fired, or he got another job

He did sober up but has fallen off the wagon again. I think he said to Delores he’s been drinking for weeks.

He did sober up but has fallen off the wagon again. I think he said to Delores he’s been drinking for weeks.

Hughie lonely after Heather, Elle and Jackie :(

I am enjoying the scenes with just Hughie, Barry and Paul in the pub

Stephen is working so long in that pub he should be able to buy it from Hughie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Stephen is working so long in that pub he should be able to buy it from Hughie.

Stephen's there since before Kay & Malachy ran McCoys; Eastenders Tracey is a similar long termer; in both cases they've not got a speaking role as such; it's all perfunctory.

Would be curious to know how much more than an extra they get as a retainer; it's be less than the characters obviously but somewhere in between but a case of them knowing their place and that they can very quickly be replaced without having to be written out.

In the case of Stephen has he been on screen much recently? Can't recall him since Hughie took over at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭dixiedan

I can remember the time when mention of Stephen the barman was "verboten" here. Some guy mentioned him so often that it became tedious and silly so a ban was put in place.

Them was the days:P

Anyway, Stephen seems to be gone for ages

Is Jane the only staff Hughie has since Orla left so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,137 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Is Jane the only staff Hughie has since Orla left so

Jane is gone, she walked out the other night.

How rediclicous was that Katie and Tessa ****.!. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭Pretzill

So glad Rose got away from Ciaran before Bosco put another banner across her (very professional looking) missing poster. I was expecting "Coming Soon" to be attached to the bottom.

How weak are Tess and Screamy KT - just f*cking stand-up! You are only tied at the arms - carry those chairs on your back and knock yer man over.

Paul, Hughie and Eh Barry... A three man lock in - where Paul and Barry will no doubt go halvos on buying Hughie out - with their beermat contract.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 345 ✭✭Tea Shock

Ok - I’m behind. Just watched Tuesday & Wednesday nights episodes

2 signatures on a beet mat - I bought the pub - it’s legit! 😂😂

As for every spare Garda in Dublin our looking for Rose....how long did she spend wondering Carrigstown’s only street (probably calling BIDDY.....BIDDY) without being noticed!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement