Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v9] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Wouldn't someone have to physically put the ashes in the urn at the crematorium so how come they didn't see the diamonds :confused:

For starters, there's no such thing as ashes. The only part of the body that doesn't burn during the burning process is the bones. A portion of bone is then taken from the skeleton & brought to a grinding/mincing machine where the bone is crushed/minced into a very fine powder/dust and that's what's referred to as the ashes & that's what gets put into the urn.

That whole plot is just ridiculous and could never have happened.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭jenny wren 1950

Two much information for me in that last post :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭threetrees

Unrealistic and impractical and all as it is I simply love the fairytale ending of diamonds in the urn. She'll sell some, sort the debt and get a gorgeous piece of jewellery made from one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Should have went with Robbie's army friend smuggled them in the ashes once he collected them and sent them to Carol. Did we ever find out how much Carol was given by Robbie's army friend

Niall_76 wrote: »
    You underestimate Paul. This is the same guy who bought a building and suddenly was running the restaurant in the building!

Didn't he also get planning permission on a house he didn't own (ie Barry's house with view to extending the Pod)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Two much information for me in that last post :(

No worse than the worms eating you :D

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,982 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    That was Dick Moran who was her husband in Glenroe; as for wife beating scenese, real or alluded to in Glenroe?

You sure you saw it in Glenroe; I can't recall it; didn't think such a topic'd be covered in the 80s/90s....?

Yes.
    Michael beat up Mary in Glenroe, series 1, episode 9. Broadcast November 1983.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭tototoe

G.V wrote: »
    What a waste of time it was bringing the Ciaran character back. Talk about flogging a dead horse.

Exactly my take on it. Him coming back was not a bad idea in itself, predictable as could be but not a bad idea..
    The execution though was shocking, some of the dialogue between him ans katy and tessa was seriously laughable...never mind all the stupid stuff like him in the attic for days and noone noticing.

As for carol and diamonds in the ashes.lol! So bad..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I think Ciaran should have drowned

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Seán was on the 6 o'clock show tonight, talking about Panto, he was saying he's been doing panto for over 15 years now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,211 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Some spoilers for the week ahead:
    Damien tells Mairead that Will is physically abusing Cristiano, and Will later accuses Cristiano of attacking Mairead.

Fiona tells Paul that she is "having Barry launder money through your books".

Katy tells Eoghan that she can't go to Tessa's funeral.

Dearbhla and Dean kiss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,860 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Serious question, Where is Junior?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Serious question, Where is Junior?

Enjoy the peace. I spent the first few months of this year asking "When will Junior and Wayne and Orla just fcuk off?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Hang onto your hats folks, if you thought Tessa being cable tied to an armchair from the 1940’s was dramatic, then you ain’t seen nothing yet.

https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2019/1102/1088084-fair-city-teases-week-of-big-drama/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

Enjoy the peace. I spent the first few months of this year asking "When will Junior and Wayne and Orla just fcuk off?"

Like the film Candyman, now that we've mentioned them they'll be back. Cue this week or next week Orla's nose will be dribbling,she'll be wailing and weeping and attacking Wayne. Poor Junior will be taken in from the shed where they put him 3 months ago, and Sash will be mentioned, though maybe not the fact that she's been pregnant for 13 months. Oh joy, can't wait. :p

• Advertisement

An episode without Scorched Burke is a bonus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,634 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Maybe Barry will "plan" now to fleece Paul :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,206 ✭✭✭jos28

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Maybe Barry will "plan" now to fleece Paul :p

Oooh, I hope so :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

I guess Ciaran will be sharing a cell with Emmet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

That was a stupid scene in the prison
    Nobody gets questioned at the visitors area, no tape recorder not a note being taken

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,842 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

A couple of bits about tonight's ep..

I had a hunch Dean Dowling and Tommy's Daughter would kiss...

barry comes in and rose says "oh hello michael" and is introduced as michael by eoghan - then later on eoghan says "barry will sit down and do the jigsaw with you"...

Will puts out rubbish without crutch ....

I love Damo at the moment .. hope he brings down will big time (although winding up will at the moment is just making the bullying worse from will to chris)

I think hughie will get away from the pub to get help and say to bary "here, you run my pub" - or ask him if he wants to buy it?

the guard in the prison lets kieran call eoghan and then he says 'thanks' to the guard. Do they not vet these calls from prison? - and then why didnt eoghan get in touch with yates straight after the call?

I think Kieran will plead insanity and get off ... - and come after yates, eoghan, katie ....

I luv what they done at the end of the show where they showed you next episode, be good if they (FC) made it a regular thing ....

A Rent Book. I didn’t actually think they existed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

Bosco is not going to be much use working in the shop if he can’t find the “diluteable black currant”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,842 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Bosco is not going to be much use working in the shop if he can’t find the “diluteable black currant”

LOL , and what stupid fecker calls it that anyway .. its bloody miwadi all the way isnt it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Sparko

bazermc wrote: »
    A Rent Book. I didn’t actually think they existed.

I've heard of them when a tenant pays their rent in cash, so that they have some sort of written record of the transaction. So presumably to facilitate this storyline the O'Briens have been paying cash rent for years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Batty Boy

Sparko wrote: »
    I've heard of them when a tenant pays their rent in cash, so that they have some sort of written record of the transaction. So presumably to facilitate this storyline the O'Briens have been paying cash rent for years.

This is the town were the postmans adult children were chipping in to buy a house for the whole family and the Sargent with decades served in Garda siochana can only afford to house share a flat.

I note Tessa's funeral arrangements are for Tuesday and Wednesday - handy that they happen to coincide with a day that Fair City is broadcast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

So Bosco who has no link to Fionn whatsoever's let upstairs to read him a bedtime story.....oh right then?

And Bosco, who you'd presume would be familiar enough with layout of Spar as a customer (it's not that fricking big and a Spar's a Spar....) not to mention being an employee where being familiar with story layout, product location'd be part of the deal doesn't know where the diluted blackcurrant (they can't say Mi-Wadi because of PPP or lack thereof presumably?) is.....?

As someone else pointed out the DI Yates & Ciaran & Solicitor doing the statement thing in the visiting room......ah here like.

So.

Many.

Holes!

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Hatshepsut

I note Tessa's funeral arrangements are for Tuesday and Wednesday - handy that they happen to coincide with a day that Fair City is broadcast.

Longest autopsy ever especially considering it looked to be a seriously gammy oul knife.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Hatshepsut

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    So Bosco who has no link to Fionn whatsoever's let upstairs to read him a bedtime story.....oh right then?

And Bosco, who you'd presume would be familiar enough with layout of Spar as a customer (it's not that fricking big and a Spar's a Spar....) not to mention being an employee where being familiar with story layout, product location'd be part of the deal doesn't know where the diluted blackcurrant (they can't say Mi-Wadi because of PPP or lack thereof presumably?) is.....?

As someone else pointed out the DI Yates & Ciaran & Solicitor doing the statement thing in the visiting room......ah here like.

So.

Many.

Holes!

Mairead should have replied - 'It's with the minerals and soft drinks numb nuts, that's why I hired you, so you'd know where stuff is and be able to help customers. And by the way, it's Ribena or Miwadi ya big dope'.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 mydingaling2

I don't think i've ever seen a worse actor than Bosco. Maybe its a ploy by Fair city to make the other actors look like they deserve an Oscar.

Really loving the storyline between Damien and WIll. I can see something like him keeping poor oul Cristiano hostage.

Really loving the storyline between Damien and WIll. I can see something like him keeping poor oul Cristiano hostage.

Christiano will appear covered in blood. Will will have a bloody fist and Mairead will blame Cristiano or Damien.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,167 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Christiano will appear covered in blood slander Will will have a bloody fist and Mairead will blame Cristiano or Damien.

Mairead has to be the stupidest character in Fair City history. I thought Renee was bad believing everything Heather said but Mairead is a whole new level.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 mydingaling2

pjohnson wrote: »
    Mairead has to be the stupidest character in Fair City.

More cop on in a turnip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Oh God, Bosco is really bad.. Why was he put in there? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

Oh God, Bosco is really bad.. Why was he put in there? :confused:

To polish his ego and make him feel relevant in this small celeb pond

Yeah actually it's been one episode without a hostage now, we're overdue another one pronto

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭threetrees

I'm not a fan of Damo, hands in pockets, shoulders raised, no neck, always the same. However, this story with Cristiano and Will is good. Damo has been redeemed.

Geraldine Plunkett is playing a blinder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 840 ✭✭✭The Late Late Show

threetrees wrote: »
    I'm not a fan of Damo, hands in pockets, shoulders raised, no neck, always the same. However, this story with Cristiano and Will is good. Damo has been redeemed.

Geraldine Plunkett is playing a blinder.

Agree. The Will and Cristiano story is good. Will is very creepy and devious. A mix of Ciaran and Lucy Mallon but more scary than either. You can be sure Will is going to make Damo, Cristiano and Mairead look bad in each others' eyes over the coming weeks and is going to ruin a lot of good relationships.

I noticed they have upped the ante a lot in terms of storylines in FC in recent months. It seems ages ago when all this Heather/Hughie and Wayne/Orla/baby poor storylines dominated. With Ciaran, Will and Fiona, we are out of the woods for the moment WRT poor storylines. Will is going to be the most interesting storyline of all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Naggdefy

He made it sound like detergent!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Naggdefy

Will looks...panned out :D Sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Mr_Man2121

Who's Emmet?

You lived with him all those years and never realised he likes shagging blokes you thick cow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Mairead..

s-l300.jpg

Mr_Man2121 wrote: »
    Who's Emmet?

Katy's brother and Fionn's father.
    Ciaran blammed Emmet for Tessa going missing and that's why he kidnapped Katy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Mairead must be deaf as well as thick if she didn't hear what Christiano and Will were saying on the other side of the door.

I think I can understand how Will went gay. I'll be amazed if Damo doesnt end up gay. Mairead would drive you off women completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

A black eye and a huge plaster hahahaaaaa. Mairead will have poor christanio arrested for punching Saint William of Carrigstown.

Will and Cristiano in next weeks episode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 840 ✭✭✭The Late Late Show

A black eye and a huge plaster hahahaaaaa. Mairead will have poor christanio arrested for punching Saint William of Carrigstown.

'Saint William' is one sick individual. He is a bully who plays mindgames and tries to destroy people. It is clear he is not gay but pretends to be gay to lure his victims into a relationship with him and then abuses them when he has them. Will is a homophobic monster and Mairead cannot see Will as a violent type because he is not a misogynist but is a homophobe. He is worse than Ciaran and is the worst most evil character maybe ever in FC.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement