Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v9] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Call if off already; Tessa has random strangers rocking up to sign a book of condolence, her body's laid out in the front room.......and Barry and Rose take out a jigsaw................ha ha ha ha!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,859 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    Call if off already; Tessa has random strangers rocking up to sign a book of condolence, her body's laid out in the front room.......and Barry and Rose take out a jigsaw................ha ha ha ha!

It looked like to me one of the mourners was having a good poke at Tessa!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Sparko

Katy must be doing well for herself, last minute flights to Thailand. Not a care in the world about travel vaccinations either!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,634 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Mairead kicking Cristiano out of his own flat :mad: the poor chap, someone ring Jake he could come back and batter Will

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

It looked like to me one of the mourners was having a good poke at Tessa!

:pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭mojonta

Have both Dean and Damien both been with two of the Dillon sisters now. I dont know where the Dean and Dearbha thing came from; it was only a few weeks ago people here were saying herself and Tommy were going to get together

mojonta wrote: »
    Have both Dean and Damien both been with two of the Dillon sisters now. I dont know where the Dean and Dearbha thing came from; it was only a few weeks ago people here were saying herself and Tommy were going to get together

That would be a bit too incesty, even for Fair City.

:eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

They certainly made sure we were going to see the Brennans Bread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,859 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

How many extra loaves of bread do they need for this small talk Barry is giving in the community centre?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Flowergirl201

The slice pan has more cop on than mairead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Naggdefy

Should be at least a 15 year age gap there. Dean was 20 in 1997 iirc. The original one. Now he's hanging with the 20 somethings. He's Niamh's age etc.

Going to get slightly morbid here but why do FC never show anyone in a coffin..watershed?

Always remember watching Wuthering Heights, 1992 version. Not a great film. But the scene with Cathy, Juliette Binoche, in the coffin and Heathcliff, Ralph Fiennes, bursting in and embracing her was class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,167 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

"I dont like the idea of you alone with him"

Again Mairead this kind of thinking may have kept you your beloved husband you dingbat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Naggdefy wrote: »
    Going to get slightly morbid here but why do FC never show anyone in a coffin..watershed?

Always remember watching Wuthering Heights, 1992 version. Not a great film. But the scene with Cathy, Juliette Binoche, in the coffin and Heathcliff, Ralph Fiennes, bursting in and embracing her was class.

The coffin is actually empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Cristiano is so pathetic, telling lies.

branie2 wrote: »
    The coffin is actually empty.

Oh yes I realise. Just it would be a little different to have a few clips of her! Probably before 9pm.

Just from rural Ireland here and pretty use to house wakes and dunno what the big deal is with FC and corpses.

RobertKK wrote: »

He is but it's just portraying how Will has destroyed him.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Hatshepsut

Oh yes I realise. Just it would be a little different to have a few clips of her! Probably before 9pm.

Just from rural Ireland here and pretty use to house wakes and dunno what the big deal is with FC and corpses.

I'd say it's more that Fair City wanted to save themselves a few bob by not having to pay the actress who plays Tessa for appearing in the coffin/episode. Tightwads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭MsWesterosi

Why does Damo have that ratty auld towel on his shoulder? Was it intentional, or a mistake?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭mojonta

That would be a bit too incesty, even for Fair City.

:o

Dearbhla and Eoghan

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Hatshepsut

Maybe I missed it being said or something but did either Eoghan or Katy head into Mountjoy to tell Emmet that Tessa had died?

You'd think Eoghan would be using his visits there to see Emmet and not psycho Ciaran.

Also- Ciaran arrives back, Rose, Katy & Tessa taken hostage, Tessa killed and buried, Katy departs on an open ended trip to Thailand and Debbie can't even be bothered to call them let alone have the maternal decency to come back and see them all. Fionn is her grandson after all. Yet a few weeks ago she wanted herself and Eoghan to get back together and make another go of it.
    The mind boggles.

Hatshepsut wrote: »
    Maybe I missed it being said or something but did either Eoghan or Katy head into Mountjoy to tell Emmet that Tessa had died?

You'd think Eoghan would be using his visits there to see Emmet and not psycho Ciaran.

Also- Ciaran arrives back, Rose, Katy & Tessa taken hostage, Tessa killed and buried, Katy departs on an open ended trip to Thailand and Debbie can't even be bothered to call them let alone have the maternal decency to come back and see them all. Fionn is her grandson after all. Yet a few weeks ago she wanted herself and Eoghan to get back together and make another go of it.
    The mind boggles.

Shur desperately ill Junior was fecked into the back shed months ago, while his mammy glammed up and started a new business, and his daddy became the local matchmaker. Fair City's never been that big on continuity. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

RobertKK wrote: »

Sure even Will pointed out at least once already that Cristiano is just not capable of lying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

I can't take much more of Maireads stupidity

• Advertisement

Has Ciaran got Alex locked away in another box or flat?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Disgusted by Will.. As usual.

Was anyone else cheering for Cristiano to just say it!! When he came to damien door? Just shout, 'Will admitted to me he hit himself a few weeks ago when he claimed Damien hit him, and he also hit me too!'

Starting to dislike Mairéad and how naive she is being

Why does Damo have that ratty auld towel on his shoulder? Was it intentional, or a mistake?

Is that Mairead :P

Mairead? ;)

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Snap JP Liz :)

• Advertisement

There's no 30 something woman that dim in the world.

If she had special needs, DS etc it might be believable but she's portrayed as having a mental age of 8, or is that rating too generous?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Loving the way they brought back the 'showing the next episode' at the end! They stopped that a few years ago didn't they?

Will and Cristiano storyline is probably one of the best/most annoying but interesting story lines I've seen in years on FC

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

:D:D:P:P Seriously, though; did you not see the towel on his left shoulder when he was talking to Mairead in the shop; when she had the box of loaves with her?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

:D:D:P:P Seriously, though; did you not see the towel on his left shoulder when he was talking to Mairead in the shop; when she had the box of loaves with her?

It's because he's doing a huge job in maireads flat. Something to do with ripping up floorboards and she is moved in with him because the job is going to take weeks apparently. I suppose the towel across his shoulder was to remind us all he's a hard working man.

It was so obvious that the coffin was empty. I can't stand yer man Bosco. When he was standing over the coffin paying his respects I had to laugh; he's not suited to serious acting at all.

I've noticed that they never show ''corpses'' on Fair City. Would it really have to do with the watershed, because they do show them on the other soaps? Remember Ronnie Mitchell in Eastenders? And they showed Sinead on Corrie passing away, so I think it's more to do with FC being cheapskates and not wanting to pay the actor any more than what they think is necessary.

It's because he's doing a huge job in maireads flat. Something to do with ripping up floorboards and she is moved in with him because the job is going to take weeks apparently. I suppose the towel across his shoulder was to remind us all he's a hard working man.

I'd forgotten all about that; Damo has so many jobs on, that it's easy to forgot. I was hoping it was an oversight. lol

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Niall_76

Was too busy staring at the Brennan’s bread like I was supposed to. You think the bread gets it’s own script??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

I'd forgotten all about that; Damo has so many jobs on, that it's easy to forgot. I was hoping it was an oversight. lol

I don't think there was any mention of the cost of this big job, usually the first and main concern about these things in real life

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Foggy Jew

Niall_76 wrote: »
    Was too busy staring at the Brennan’s bread like I was supposed to. You think the bread gets it’s own script??

The best thing IN Fair City is sliced bread.

It's the bally ballyness of it that makes it all seem so bally bally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,865 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

What happened to Will that he has the black eye and plaster on his face? That man is a walking disaster. I'm assuming Damien will get Tommy Dillon to set up a camera to catch will in action?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭threetrees

Christiano clobbered Will in self defence the other night. Will is playing the "poor me, look what Chris did".

When did Mairead move out of Charlie's house?

Niall_76 wrote: »

Course it does; auld Mr Brennan wouldn't have it any other way.

Sure, it's today's best bread today...

I wonder if there is a major twist coming, where auld Mr Brennan is revealed as being Paulio's estranged father, who abandoned the family when Paul was a wee whippersnapper, to concentrate on ''the dough'', but unfortunately for them, he meant it literally.

Que a batch of episodes of Paul and Fiona trying to get their hands on the Brennan's bread empire, while Barry moralises in the background.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭maurv2

the gas thing is that Brennans bread shown is actually pretty bland(and I'm being kind here), imho:)

Mairead is fast replacing Renee as my "love to hate" character. What a numpty:rolleyes: I used to like her when she came in first to FC.

Really so much wrong with the whole mess that is FairCity this past while.

Looks like it will survive the cull that is coming soon by all accounts.

Damo would be better off going out with a sliced pan of Brennan's bread than Mairead, much higher IQ.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,211 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

threetrees wrote: »
    Christiano clobbered Will in self defence the other night. Will is playing the "poor me, look what Chris did".

He was about to pour a bottle of bleach down Cristiano's throat when Cris clobbered him (he somehow has 'forgotten' to tell Mairead this) :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,206 ✭✭✭jos28

Like others posters I liked Mairéad when she came into FC first. I thought she was smart, I was definitely wrong there. She is infuriatingly stupid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,167 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

I dunno how the actress can not question the script she is getting. I know she has to go along with it in a way but fookin hell Mairead isn't actually mentally damaged so how is no one questioning her character?

That fcuking Bosco is more of a muppet than the little red haired lad that was in a box 40 years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Strazdas wrote: »
    He was about to pour a bottle of bleach down Cristiano's throat when Cris clobbered him (he somehow has 'forgotten' to tell Mairead this) :)

A bit in bad taste after what happened to the man kidnapped a couple of weeks ago. Wasn't bleach mentioned in that story.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement