Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v9] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Fiolina

Did anyone notice how Will's face got more battered looking as the show went on?
    After a few minutes in he's a mark on his nose and over his eye that weren't there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Sparko

Eoghan is fairly decent to keep obliging Ciaran with daily visits in prison.

Private visiting room too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Johnny Sausage

Have they done away with the little preview video of the next episode already?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,206 ✭✭✭jos28

I'm really liking Eoghan at the moment. I like the way his character has developed, Alan Howley is a very good actor. Initially his character was a pain, mouthy, opinionated and annoying. Since Katy's kidnapping he has delivered some brilliant scenes. His character has developed depth and it's far better.
    The scene after Tessa's funeral when he said to Rose 'Ma, I'm lost' was heartbreaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭NorthCity

He has enough experience he was in faircity back in the days of the first Kay McCoy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

jos28 wrote: »
    I'm really liking Eoghan at the moment. I like the way his character has developed, Alan Howley is a very good actor. Initially his character was a pain, mouthy, opinionated and annoying. Since Katy's kidnapping he has delivered some brilliant scenes. His character has developed depth and it's far better.
    The scene after Tessa's funeral when he said to Rose 'Ma, I'm lost' was heartbreaking.

Eoin and ciaron scenes in prison were brilliant tonight. Rest very boring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

I remember when they use to the preview years ago they never did a preview after Thursday episode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,634 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I thought Eoghan was going to turn out to Trigger's son, Carol's brother

Like others posters I liked Mairéad when she came into FC first. I thought she was smart, I was definitely wrong there. She is infuriatingly stupid.

I don't know why tbh. Her husband was working full-time in Dublin but she was fine to stay down in Cashel with their daughter, then suddenly find out he's a cheating liar and leaving her, moved to the same suburb of Dublin to be close to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

Why doesn't Eoin visit Emmet if he's in the same prison as Ciarán?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Is Damien f*cking thick, this is the best opportunity for him to go and speak to Christiano.

Instead of going into the kitchen to make tea he should have been like il leave to watch the film, going to McCoys for a pint.

Bad enough letting that evil bastard into his home then not to use it to his advantage.

I cannot believe he hasn’t dumped that mairead. What type of relationship does he think they can have if she never believes him. It would make your blood boil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Zird

I don't know why tbh. Her husband was working full-time in Dublin but she was fine to stay down in Cashel with their daughter, then suddenly find out he's a cheating liar and leaving her, moved to the same suburb of Dublin to be close to him.

Not a bit of a Tipperary accent does phebbe have

Mena Mitty wrote: »
    A bit in bad taste after what happened to the man kidnapped a couple of weeks ago. Wasn't bleach mentioned in that story.

Filmed weeks in advance though.

Oh god yes, that broke my heart. I lived with my grandfather is his later years and I totally related!

Zird wrote: »
    Not a bit of a Tipperary accent does phebbe have

I married a man from Thurles so yes I agree!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,634 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Mairead will have Will in the bed with her and Damo next

• Registered Users Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    When did Mairead move out of Charlie's house?

I don't know really. Maybe it was when she started working at the shop.

To cuddle and coddle him... Damo should kick her out and take Cris in!

I can just imagine the 3 of them having the breakfast. Damo will say something Will doesn't agree with and Will thumps him. Mairead will give out to to Damo that theres blood in her cornflakes and she can't eat them now.
    It'll be Damos fault because he made Will hit him. The same as it'll be Christanos fault for Will thumping him too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,859 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I want to see these brothers of Will's that he mentioned a few weeks ago.
    They might thump him around a bit for us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,167 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Will should ramp things up. Will should tell Mairead that he is pregnant with Christiano's kid and that Christiano knows but still beats him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,859 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

pjohnson wrote: »
    Will should ramp things up. Will should tell Mairead that he is pregnant with Christiano's kid and that Christiano knows but still beats him.

Bosco can do a scene in Spar asking Mairead for the pregnancy tests!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Soon's Mairead said to Will tonight about staying over the look on Damiens face was what I was thinking "What the ****?"......

As for Eoghan; yes I think he's handling both storylines (Tessa/Fionn/Katy and Rose/Dementia) brilliantly brilliantly as an actor; he's miles ahead of the rest of the cast.

Which doesn't say much for Rory Cowan/Bosco; I know he's coming from a different genre but Lordie he's poor; am still waiting for him to actually work in the corner shop; is it going to be like the 5 a Side where it's spoken about ("I've got to go to work" or "I'll be back this evening" etc.) and not actually shown?

Surely FC'll write him out of it soon enough; it's not like the actor's stuck for a few pound; sure write a book and you're an artist and get the tax exemption!

Maybe I’m thick but what is the point of what Will is doing?

Is he trying to break up with Cristiano? Would it not be easier to just say it’s over ? Does he want to get back with Mairead ? Why .....if he’s gay ? What’s the point of what he’s doing ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

Is he trying to break up with Cristiano? Would it not be easier to just say it’s over ? Does he want to get back with Mairead ? Why .....if he’s gay ? What’s the point of what he’s doing ?

Send a postcard to the 154 script writers, even then It won’t make sense

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

pjohnson wrote: »

Dont be silly,Mairead knows that Will has been on the morning after pill since she met him.

He's an evil prick who delights in causing pain to others while playing the victim and making himself look good. I know someone exactly like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Cerisera

Mairead is as dumb as a box of rocks.
    Like others have previously posted- I loved her and Damo together. But now she’d wanna get her head checked.

She’s so bad that I’m actually looking forward to seeing Rory Cowans scenes. He’s much needed relief for the Mairead-Will nonsense, and I hope he can help rescue Cris!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

Next thing she'll have Damo giving Will foot rubs and pedicures..in Damo's own house. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

Next thing she'll have Damo giving Will foot rubs and pedicures..in Damo's own house. :pac:

Where is D4 nosy sister Laura in all this story
    She stuck her nose in everybody’s business

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Sparko

Probably coaching a professional football team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Im mortifed for the actress who plays Mairead. Imagine playing a character that dumb :):) Hopefully with the RTE cuts she will get axed along with Bosco

• Closed Accounts Posts: 840 ✭✭✭The Late Late Show

Will is one of the most hate friendly characters ever. There's not one good aspect about him. He is as nasty and evil as they come. You can see with say Ciaran, Cathal Spillane or Lucy Mallon that there is good in them and they have lines they won't cross. But with Will, he is truly capable of anything. Pure filth this man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,842 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

now for my latest theory - i havent read any spoilers on this or anything , but the way Ciaran looked at the bed in his cell on Thursdays episode I reckon on Sunday or next episode , smooth voice detective will say to eoghan "we found ciaran dead earlier on today, hanging in his cell tied up with his bedsheets"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭tototoe

now for my latest theory - i havent read any spoilers on this or anything , but the way Ciaran looked at the bed in his cell on Thursdays episode I reckon on Sunday or next episode , smooth voice detective will say to eoghan "we found ciaran dead earlier on today, hanging in his cell tied up with his bedsheets"

His character should have been cut after he was arrested. The most ridiculous pointless return of a character ever imo.

The will Christiano Damien Mairead stuff is not doing it for me either tbh but whatever floats your boat. It's simply not credible that 1. Christiano would stay in this relationship, 2. People would believe he hit will and 3. Mairead...sweet mother of god what a useless character.

• Advertisement

dilutable pregnancy tests! ...

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    Soon's Mairead said to Will tonight about staying over the look on Damiens face was what I was thinking "What the ****?"......

As for Eoghan; yes I think he's handling both storylines (Tessa/Fionn/Katy and Rose/Dementia) brilliantly brilliantly as an actor; he's miles ahead of the rest of the cast.

Which doesn't say much for Rory Cowan/Bosco; I know he's coming from a different genre but Lordie he's poor; am still waiting for him to actually work in the corner shop; is it going to be like the 5 a Side where it's spoken about ("I've got to go to work" or "I'll be back this evening" etc.) and not actually shown?

Surely FC'll write him out of it soon enough; it's not like the actor's stuck for a few pound; sure write a book and you're an artist and get the tax exemption!

They would have been better off putting the other Bosco in FC .. he can work in the shop. The kids would love him ... and he can act!!

Fiolina wrote: »
    Did anyone notice how Will's face got more battered looking as the show went on?
    After a few minutes in he's a mark on his nose and over his eye that weren't there.

will has a very sweaty/shiny nose lately .. is that due to being hit over the face with tefal ? ... or has he just naturally got a shiny sweaty nose?

I saw it on wednesdays ep

to be honest I tuned in on Thusrsdays episode and I am like to the fam , "here hold on, I have seen this episosed already!!" - before being told is "no , you watched the preview yesterday!!"

Ah well old age - starting to feel like a right proper Jim now these days :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,982 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Too busy being an emo kid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,206 ✭✭✭jos28

Bosco is incapable of doing any scenes :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Hope not. He's one of my favourite actors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

They would have been better off putting the other Bosco in FC .. he can work in the shop. The kids would love him ... and he can act!!

.and he's not quite as wooden!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I saw it on wednesdays ep

to be honest I tuned in on Thusrsdays episode and I am like to the fam , "here hold on, I have seen this episosed already!!" - before being told is "no , you watched the preview yesterday!!"

Ah well old age - starting to feel like a right proper Jim now these days :D

Fam lol

Have u watched Toyboy on Netflix?

Were fam init bro...

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Flowergirl201

Woah a mention of junior, he must be due back on screen soon. More snots and dribble from orla

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Ah here... Wills eye makeup mustve been done by a newbie.

The state of it, trying to make it look bruised but just looks yellow eyeshadow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Ah here... Wills eye makeup mustve been done by a newbie.

The state of it, trying to make it look bruised but just looks yellow eyeshadow

Absolutely brutal story line. Yer mans boyfriend deserves everything he gets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Absolutely brutal story line. Yer mans boyfriend deserves everything he gets.

Yer man?

Are you new to this thread?

Its a brilliant storyline and of the most interesting fair city has had in a couple of years.

Yer man?

Are you new to this thread?

Its a brilliant storyline and of the most interesting fair city has had in a couple of years.

It was at the start but it’s just annoying now between Cristiano being such a mouse and Mairead being such an idiot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

Woah a mention of junior, he must be due back on screen soon. More snots and dribble from orla

The child of Prague must be due soon, maybe it will be born on Christmas day.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement