Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v9] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Absolutely brutal story line. Yer mans boyfriend deserves everything he gets.

Yeah terribly acted and typically rushed from FC just to tick a box and for them to smugly proclaim "We cover same sex domestic abuse storylines". The weirdest thing is how many people are actually falling for it and gushing over how powerful the acting is. It will all be wrapped up by Christmas....just like real life. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

What the heck was that blue glow coming from baldy Brennan’s fridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭KM792

The role of the pub in soaps is always over exaggerated...
    Who puts on a roast dinner in the evening and goes for one drink while waiting for it to cook?
    Said drink being coffee..

And as for the recovering alcoholic behind the bar..he'd have the place drank dry by now after the relapse episode if this was real life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Yeah terribly acted and typically rushed from FC just to tick a box and for them to smugly proclaim "We cover same sex domestic abuse storylines". The weirdest thing is how many people are actually falling for it and gushing over how powerful the acting is. It will all be wrapped up by Christmas....just like real life. :rolleyes:

Ah come on now, we'll always get someone complaining about a storyline been too rushed or too dragged out, whatever way they go some folks aren't going to be happy.

It's the convenience of bumping into people that pisses me off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Zird

Will is going to put a pair of Phebe's knickers in the pocket Damien's jacket for Mairead to find.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Zird wrote: »
    Will is going to put a pair of Phebe's knickers in the pocket Damien's jacket for Mairead to find.

That, or similar's on horizon; final scene in tonights episode had him planting doubts in Maireads mind.

That said he's hardly her stepfather and so how he's going about this building project is a tad inappropriate at best; odd at worst (or other way round).

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    That, or similar's on horizon; final scene in tonights episode had him planting doubts in Maireads mind.

That said he's hardly her stepfather and so how he's going about this building project is a tad inappropriate at best; odd at worst (or other way round).

Why is it inappropriate? Surely it has the blessing of Mairead ? Phoebe isn’t 12, she must be about 18 now, what’s inappropriate about a few phone calls ? Damian is a genuine bloke with a daughter of his own and he is Mairead partner . Am I missing something ?

This storyline is crazy, Will is hardly a credible person at the moment. He never works, he’s very volatile, he kissed Mairead a few weeks ago , would that not ring alarm bells with her that he has ulterior motives ? Especially as his marriage to her was a lie? It’s entirely unbelievable that Mairead would blindly believe him over Damo and cristiano. You can tell by looking at cristiano that he is a big emotional softie and a lovely kind person to everybody. That stands for something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

This storyline is crazy, Will is hardly a credible person at the moment. He never works, he’s very volatile, he kissed Mairead a few weeks ago , would that not ring alarm bells with her that he has ulterior motives ? Especially as his marriage to her was a lie? It’s entirely unbelievable that Mairead would blindly believe him over Damo and cristiano. You can tell by looking at cristiano that he is a big emotional softie and a lovely kind person to everybody. That stands for something.

It counts for nothing in faircity. That storyline is a farce now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Flowergirl201

Yea I laughed when mairead said to will.. I'm going to ask you something but I need an honest answer.
    He has told so many lies he probably doesn't even know the truth anymore.
    Damien needs to run away from mairead, run faster then hes ever run. She is not worth the hassle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,167 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Why the christ did Damo ever take her back after the whole stage thing at the festival where her, Phoebe and Will were on stage. No matter how good Mairead is in the sack cant make up for the absolute eejit she is.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭LordBasil

Never thought I'd say this but we need Cristiano's brother Jake to return. He never liked Will and could be the only who'd be able to talk sense into Cris and expose Will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,634 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Damo should kick Mairead and Will out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

See this is the problem. In todays world men need to careful round young girls like phoebe. To me he's helping out his girlfriends daughter do a woodwork piese he's a builder so ideal person to help and advice but now aways it gets turned into something perverted.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭dixiedan

Mairead is infuriating ....the way she gives that "yes I see what you mean" look , arms folded, head nodding slightly , lips tightly closed , any time Wills plants a little thought in her empty head. Get up the yard Mairead, ya numpty :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,206 ✭✭✭jos28

LordBasil wrote: »
    Never thought I'd say this but we need Cristiano's brother Jake to return. He never liked Will and could be the only who'd be able to talk sense into Cris and expose Will.

Yep, definitely bring Jake back, he'd have Will sorted out in no time.

dave1982 wrote: »
    See this is the problem. In todays world men need to careful round young girls like phoebe. To me he's helping out his girlfriends daughter do a woodwork piese he's a builder so ideal person to help and advice but now aways it gets turned into something perverted.

And phoebe isn't even in the same country as Damo, it's not like they are having secret meetings or spending hours together. Its a few phone calls ffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Omg can you imagine if Will made up a story about Damien being a pervert towards Phoebe or something :(( and of course Mairéad would believe him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Naggdefy

Omg can you imagine if Will made up a story about Damien being a pervert towards Phoebe or something :(( and of course Mairéad would believe him.

It really would be time for Damien to say

'Look Mairead, I want nothing to do with you and your loopy family, ye're welcome to one another. I pity Phoebe being the only normal one. I'm off now to drag my neck into my shell and drink pints and look grumpy and victimised, again, for 6 months'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,771 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Omg can you imagine if Will made up a story about Damien being a pervert towards Phoebe or something :(( and of course Mair would believe him.

This !

• Advertisement

Zird wrote: »

Ah ffs if anyone besides Mairead believes Damo is after Phoebe who is off in hockey camp, stupid

Does Will want Mairead back but also Cris too?

The really unbelievable bit is that Will lived with Mairead for 16 or so years and displayed no signs of being a sociopath, probably psychopath and she noticed nothing, when you look at crime documentaries and biographies you see these things don't happen overnight.... actually no, this is Mairead we're talking about, it's totally believable that Will could have been torturing kittens and Mairead thought it was for a medical assignment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

When did Doug move out? I remember they did a storyline where he was looking for somewhere but nothing worked out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

fin12 wrote: »
    When did Doug move out? I remember they did a storyline where he was looking for somewhere but nothing worked out.

This!!

Plus who's he looking to replace?

Or is this just more lack of continuity and Erika recommending her friends brother a way of introducing a new character?

Like imagine getting the script "Hang on; I'm still supposed to be living at home in my Ma Jackies place"; surely you'd raise it or is it better to just go along and keep picking up the €800 (?) weekly wage & sod your credibility?

Woah a mention of junior, he must be due back on screen soon. More snots and dribble from orla

Hayley is helping mind Junior next week, now she always came across as someone not very maternal, not really liking kids

and Tommy Dillon randomly made an appearance after what seemed like a 3 month stint in Benidorm...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

This!!

Plus who's he looking to replace?

Or is this just more lack of continuity and Erika recommending her friends brother a way of introducing a new character?

Like imagine getting the script "Hang on; I'm still supposed to be living at home in my Ma Jackies place"; surely you'd raise it or is it better to just go along and keep picking up the €800 (?) weekly wage & sod your credibility?

It actually makes less sense to move out now cause his mother left Carrigstown so would be just him in the house. Maybe he has rented out room there,? ?

Naggdefy wrote: »
    It really would be time for Damien to say

'Look Mairead, I want nothing to do with you and your loopy family, ye're welcome to one another. I pity Phoebe being the only normal one. I'm off now to drag my neck into my shell and drink pints and look grumpy and victimised, again, for 6 months'.

Phoebe believed Will and was also plotting against Damo and now they are having building chats

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

What's with everyone eating the face off each other at the brekkie table.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Jesus Christiano is so bloody annoying.

• Advertisement

Yes mairead you stay out of it. Finally someone said something sensible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Qrt

Times like this I’m glad I open my phone via fingerprint, but that said Will would think nothing of slicing your finger off (and blaming you afterwards).

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Why would Damian want to be with someone as stupid as Mairead?

Mairead is a lobotomised gibbon.

She knows Will........you didn't fúckin know he was gay you dullard.

I trust him and my judgement......again GAY FOR YEARS YOU THICK DONKEY

Will could murder somebody in front of Mairead and she would blame the murder victim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Yeah Christiano is very believable as someone who is a bully and beats Will up, this story is just getting silly now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,865 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

I thought pauls daughter had gone to boarding school?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

whelan2 wrote: »

She was, but she left a day after she arrived, as she was very homesick

Can we find an appropriate nickname for Mairead.

I'm not terribly creative at the moment but 'The Vegetable' is the best I can do.

• Advertisement

I'm not terribly creative at the moment but 'The Vegetable' is the best I can do.

Ms. Potatobrain

whelan2 wrote: »

Which one. He has loads.............

• Registered Users Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

Another bleedin plan to shaft PAUL ?
    And would it not be cheaper to buy wine in Spar than a pub

Exactly as I predicted last night... Will gonna make damien look like a pervert!

Really wanna see Will go down. The prxck

It’s your mam and dad

No **** Mairead!!!!!! I think Pheobe perhaps might know what her parents look like.

bazermc wrote: »
    It’s your mam and dad

No **** Mairead!!!!!! I think Pheobe perhaps might know what her parents look like.

I think Will performed a labotomy on Mairead when they were married :)

• Advertisement

bazermc wrote: »
    It’s your mam and dad

Tbf its a miracle Mairead actually remembers Phoebe is her own daughter. Although if Melanie came back calling herself Phoebe Mairead would probably accept Melanie as her daughter.

Agreed we need a good name for her. I'm no vegetarian but I feel bad for the vegetables being compared to that brain dead numpty

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭tupenny

pjohnson wrote: »
    Tbf its a miracle Mairead actually remembers Phoebe is her own daughter. Although if Melanie came back calling herself Phoebe Mairead would probably accept Melanie as her daughter.

What happened melanie actually?! Did she go to look after her mam?

Exactly as I predicted last night... Will gonna make damien look like a pervert!

Really wanna see Will go down. The prxck

Go Damien , nail him !!! He will in the end , Will is getting reckless. His downfall will be brilliant - I hope Damien kicks Mairead into touch at the same time, she’s showed no loyalty to him whatsoever! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

Turnip Brain suits her, the silly twat. She's turned into such a hateful character. I have been feeling so sorry for poor Christiano, but tonight I just wanted to punch him.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement