Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v9] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Softkitty91

Would love to see how Will will handle prison his classic abuser abuses somebody less stronger and less able to stand up to him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,206 ✭✭✭jos28

Cast of Cornflakes - so far

Will
    Ciaran
    Emmet
    Dermish
    Denzo
    Aoife
    Barry
    Any more ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

jos28 wrote: »
    Cast of Cornflakes - so far

Will
    Ciaran
    Emmet
    Dermish
    Denzo
    Aoife
    Barry
    Any more ?

Dr. Oakley

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,628 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'm still waiting for MAirHead to apologise to Dammo. She should be begging his forgiveness for the things she has said and done.

Did she kinda do that tonight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

Also don't forget denzo decco's brother

god i forgot dermo was in prison!!

Carrigstown must have a high % of residents in prison!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

I'm still waiting for MAirHead to apologise to Dammo. She should be begging his forgiveness for the things she has said and done.
    JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Did she kinda do that tonight?
    No, she didn't beg.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Softkitty91

notice since getting caught out Will's black eye has healed up realised he didn't need keep putting make up on to fool mairead

Was Carol not invited to the meeting and surely Fiona also would have somehow got in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Was Carol not invited to the meeting and surely Fiona also would have somehow got in

Carol declined the invitation

• Registered Users Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

That is called poor continuity, which the writers are great at.This "drama" should be put to sleep like a sick dog.
    That scene with Ray Mondo and Orla is a great example of **** writing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

That is called poor continuity, which the writers are great at.This "drama" should be put to sleep like a sick dog.
    That scene with Ray Mondo and Orla is a great example of **** writing

me and my housemate watched it earlier and had a great laugh about that scene.

so a big storyline these days is the boys sneaking gnomes around???

branie2 wrote: »
    Carol declined the invitation

Did Orla and Hayley also decline?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Did Orla and Hayley also decline?

.....and up and coming businesswoman Erica.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Once you walk around leisurely with a spar paper cup of coffee in fair city you are a business person. It doesn't really matter that you have a run of the mill day to day job or no actual job at the back of it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

the cutbacks coming at RTE may force them to only show FC 3 days a week like it was before. that would save some of the cost, while admittely not 25% of the cost. I bet they wouldnt even dare to contemplate it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 551 ✭✭✭jules86

Bronagh is back, maybe her and John Deegan will get together this time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Amazing how they both got beds. No waiting on trolleys for Will and Grace (Cris).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,854 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

jules86 wrote: »
    Bronagh is back, maybe her and John Deegan will get together this time

I think she flirts with ever guy with a pulse!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Renee asking if Cristiano had any family. Does she not remember Jake, the man who was going out with her daughter for a few months.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Lackey

Damien is a great help
    ‘He left you for dead
    The guards can’t arrest him
    He’s in the next room right beside you
    I’ll promise to protect you ...
    But really I’ll leave while you’re asleep’

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭tototoe

The makeup on Cristiano is pretty woeful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Get in there John ya good thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,842 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

was late catching up - had 3 episodes on the sky box to look at last night in a row, one after another (fair city marathon) just watching tonight's one.

just watched tonights one - why do i get the feeling will, the shnake, will get out of it and that chris 'will have to set eyes on him again' !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    Renee asking if Cristiano had any family. Does she not remember Jake, the man who was going out with her daughter for a few months.

In fairness i think she meant in Ireland.

Bronagh knows the truth now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭threetrees

There's a bit of Bet Lynch about Sharon Curly I think. Hair up, dripping in jewellery, loads of make up, looks in complete control behind the bar.

Bronagh knows the truth now

Bronagh has a soft spot for insp. Deegan?

I know a bit o flirtin' when I see it ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Sparko

Bronagh has a soft spot for insp. Deegan?

I know a bit o flirtin' when I see it ...

Maybe she'll come and manage Dolores' medical centre.

Or she'll just vanish for months until the next hospital scenes.

Sparko wrote: »
    Maybe she'll come and manage Dolores' medical centre.

Or she'll just vanish for months until the next hospital scenes.

maybe she will start working in Dolores medical centre as a nice nurse and then turn into a nasty abuser ... oh wait a minute that's already been done ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

I burst out laughing last night when the last scene was on. It was so funny when Will was being led past Christanios room and turned his head sharply like Hannibal Lecter and kept staring at poor Chris. He will surely escape and come back to attack Chris again just like the movies haha.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭ifElseThen

He will surely escape and come back to attack Chris again just like the movies haha.
    Will & Ciaran to escape prison and come back and bomb Carrigstown...

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭LordBasil

Really enjoyed last night's episodes. Agree that Ger gives off 'Bet Lynch' vibes, loved Sharon putting her in her place!

I feel Damien should have been the one to see Will being dragged off by the police instead of Dolores, after everything Will put him and poor Cristiano through.

Did Cris tell Mairead yet that Will lied about Damo hitting him or are we just to assume she knows all now, happened off screen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Did Cris tell Mairead yet that Will lied about Damo hitting him or are we just to assume she knows all now, happened off screen

Damo told her himself weeks ago.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Sunday 8th December
    Barry is alarmed when Hughie discovers Fiona is hiding something, and warns Barry not to be manipulated by her. Damien and Mairead support a fragile Cristiano as he returns home from the hospital.
    Tuesday 10th December
    Hayley and Ger find themselves growing closer, much to Sharon's dismay. Alex takes charge at Brewer's, and Paul receives a letter that spells trouble for Barry and Fiona.
    Wednesday 11th December
    Hayley makes a decision that horrifies Sharon. Meanwhile, Alex causes chaos in Brewzers, and Jane is concerned about Cristiano's mental health.
    Thursday 12th December
    Fiona realises the game is up when information falls into the wrong hands. Hayley threatens to move out unless Sharon makes peace with Ger. Will angers Jake by contacting Cristiano.
    Sunday 15th December
    Fiona and Barry clash as they struggle to deal with their blackmailer while keeping it secret from Paul. Eoghan and Bosco struggle to manage Rose as her condition worsens.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Flowergirl201

Oh ho I feel a new plan brewing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Need to get Hughie into the FAI, he had Fiona's ruse solved in about 10 minutes flat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Sparko

It's getting a bit silly how often Sharon walks into the pub and is shocked to see her sister there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

When Chris was sitting at the table I was expecting the door behind him to open and for Will to appear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

When Chris was sitting at the table I was expecting the door behind him to open and for Will to appear.

“Here’s Willy”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

“Here’s Willy”
    Ohhh Matron!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Spring Chick

Have really enjoyed the Cristiano and Will storyline, although found it difficult to watch at times. Fantastic acting from Rodrigo Ternevoy and in particular John Cronin. Always was a fan of Mairéad but have completely gone off her over the past two weeks. Hated how she completely trusted Will over Cristiano - How anyone could think he would be the abuser is beyond me, let alone Mairéad who knew Will's history.

Loving the Gar/Sharon storyline at the moment and very interested to see what happens with Ger and Hayley's relationship now that she's in Carrigstown permanently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,206 ✭✭✭jos28

I've been away for a few days so only just caught up. Poor Cristiano:(
    Have to agree with previous posters about the brilliant performances by both actors. Very often when soap writers introduce a topic it falls totally flat because the actors cannot carry it. I'm thinking of Fiz in Corrie and when her daughter had cancer. I didn't shed a tear throughout that story. Rodrigo Ternevoy and John Cronin's performances had me on the edge of my seat and really rooting for Will to get his comeuppance. It was also nice to see Damien as part of the story. Good character to chose for the part in light of his background. Well done FC, praise where it's due.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭maurv2

Sparko wrote: »
    It's getting a bit silly how often Sharon walks into the pub and is shocked to see her sister there.

Actually, Sharon has a semi-permanent "shocked" look on her face.

I was surprised to see Cristy out of hospital so soon to be honest, after the hiding he got from Will.

That whole thing of Hughie copping onto the dodgy activities and working it all out so quick (I still haven't figured it out yet) is sooo FairCity way of doing stories...no lead up to anything :rolleyes:

During the week there's going to be a bit of drama regarding a blackmailer. It's
    Barry
    by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭LordBasil

Fair City is not on until 9pm on Christmas Day. FFS It's usually on much earlier than that.

LordBasil wrote: »
    Fair City is not on until 9pm on Christmas Day. FFS It's usually on much earlier than that.

Maybe they'll be some swearing!

Maybe they'll be some swearing!

or some sex scenes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 193 ✭✭PinkLady2016

or some sex scenes

On RTÉ you must be joking

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Johnny Sausage

or some sex scenes