Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v9] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭threetrees

As someone who has been on the receiving end of a revenue audit, that audit on vinos was plain ridiculous.

No interview, no questions, no procedures, no separate and private office.

How on the name of God can Barry clean the accounts? Bank transactions cannot be changed. Muppet.

Then on the say-so of Bela, some dothery customer, he takes a memory stick off the floor and pockets it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,854 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I was thinking was the Revenue guy one of Barry's prison buddies.

Saw Decco in Pearse Street today , carrying a new baby in baby carrier , looking chuffed !

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Foggy Jew

Fiona and those hard ‘T’s’ are getting between me & my sleep. Seriously? No Irish person enunciates like that.
    Fiona - “Itttt is a cattttt”

Every Paddy I know - “It’s a (bleedin’) ca’.

It's the bally ballyness of it that makes it all seem so bally bally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    I have to mute the tv when Bela is on.
    A character that is well past his sell by date. Has added no real value to the soap with some considerable time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

A character that is well past his sell by date. Has added no real value to the soap with some considerable time.

Thats called the Dee Forbes/RTE gravy train, its hard to get off.

Saw Decco in Pearse Street today , carrying a new baby in baby carrier , looking chuffed !

He called the kid Sam!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,628 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is Ger and Sharon's parents dead or alive?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

Foggy Jew wrote:
    Fiona and those hard ‘T’s’ are getting between me & my sleep. Seriously? No Irish person enunciates like that. Fiona - “Itttt is a catttttâ€

Horrible voice. Her accent in Derry Girls is beyond terrible too.
    He called the kid Sam!!

Seriously?! Haha!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭threetrees

So do we think the revenue audit guy is a set up? Purely fictional and placed by Barry?

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭LordBasil

threetrees wrote: »
    So do we think the revenue audit guy is a set up? Purely fictional and placed by Barry?

I hadn't thought of that but Revenue letters are printed on headed paper so Paul would know if the letter informing him of the audit was fake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

LordBasil wrote: »
    I hadn't thought of that but Revenue letters are printed on headed paper so Paul would know if the letter informing him of the audit was fake.

methinks you give the scriptwriters too much credit

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭LordBasil

methinks you give the scriptwriters too much credit

Possibly!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

Mairead is infuriatingly stupid. After all Will has done and shes still in his corner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Mairead is infuriatingly stupid. After all Will has done and shes still in his corner.

Sexy though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

Must have zoned out for that, what did she say/do?

Cash_Q wrote: »
    Must have zoned out for that, what did she say/do?

Will was ringing her, she also knows where he is and also won't tell Phoebe about him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

I couldn't believe she had the neck to admit it after her previous behaviour. She really doesn't deserve Damo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,206 ✭✭✭jos28

threetrees wrote: »
    As someone who has been on the receiving end of a revenue audit, that audit on vinos was plain ridiculous.

No interview, no questions, no procedures, no separate and private office.

How on the name of God can Barry clean the accounts? Bank transactions cannot be changed. Muppet.

Then on the say-so of Bela, some dothery customer, he takes a memory stick off the floor and pockets it.

It was ridiculously unprofessional. Like yourself I've been through audits several times over the years and it certainly wasn't like that. The most recent one I had was an E Audit. Revenue software justs sweeps through your accounts software and picks up any suspect transitions. As you said, Barry can't just clean the accounts. Transactions exist, how do you make them just disappear. I reckon your man is definitely a mate of Barry's. He is going to hang Fiona out to dry (hopefully).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Johnny Sausage

The actress who plays Tessa was sat in the same row as me on a flight to NYC yesterday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

The actress who plays Tessa was sat in the same row as me on a flight to NYC yesterday

What!... You mean she's not dead? :eek:

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,854 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Did you wave?

Did she have notions about herself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Johnny Sausage

Did you wave?

Did she have notions about herself?

No I didn't even interact haha

Flying to NYC :eek: and I thought she was all about saving the planet !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,206 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

No way would Hayley work as a barmaid in McCoys. She is a businesswoman and entrepreneur.....bar work would be a huge step down for her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭lulu1

Talking about Tessa where did Fionn go?

Is he stilll with Owen?

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭NorthCity

Eoghan was in Father Ted tonight , He was one of the priests in a caravan with Graham Norton

NorthCity wrote: »
    Eoghan was in Father Ted tonight , He was one of the priests in a caravan with Graham Norton

No don't think so.

No don't think so.

Try looking at the show , He had black hair and glasses , He looked similar to how he looked the first time he was in fair city playing a different character

No don't think so.

Will looked older the first time he was in Fair City about ten years ago than he does now , I guess only the long term viewers would spot when they bring someone back to play a different character

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 551 ✭✭✭jules86

Will looked older the first time he was in Fair City about ten years ago than he does now , I guess only the long term viewers would spot when they bring someone back to play a different character

I seen the tracker mortgage ad again recently, Wills in it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Is that a young Pete in the recently revived Kerrygold butter ad? The one where they are taking the horse to France in 1998.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Try looking at the show , He had black hair and glasses , He looked similar to how he looked the first time he was in fair city playing a different character

Look at Eoghan's IMDB page and the IMDB page for that Father Ted episode.

It's not him.

Try looking again.

We've got this great resource called the internet to help with these things these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Strazdas wrote: »
    No way would Hayley work as a barmaid in McCoys. She is a businesswoman and entrepreneur.....bar work would be a huge step down for her.

She was wearing a pudding suit the last day and she’s no longer a business woman, sold her business. So she’s right to take the job. Mondo was prob paying her minimum wage.

Is that a young Pete in the recently revived Kerrygold butter ad? The one where they are taking the horse to France in 1998.

All the old ads are back again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,206 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

fin12 wrote: »
    She was wearing a pudding suit the last day and she’s no longer a business woman, sold her business. So she’s right to take the job. Mondo was prob paying her minimum wage.

I don't think she would see it as a good career move though. Virtually anyone her age could get a job as a barmaid or waitress in Dublin in 2019. She could surely find a position more suited to her business talents and qualifications.

We've got this great resource called the internet to help with these things these days.
    What do you think you are using now ,, Doh

Strazdas wrote: »

I assume will make her manager and pay good wages

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I assume will make her manager and pay good wages

Jane won't be happy with that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,677 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Doubt the lads from Revenue would be too happy being portrayed as blackmailers.

bazermc wrote: »
    Hayley in green McCoy’s T-shirt. Can’t wait.

So she does not have to wear any uniform

It's not just upstairs in McCoys that has increased in size ,The space behind the bar has doubled without any loss of room in front , Carrickstown magic at play

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Drifter50

Sexy though

Mairead was giving it loads on the dancefloor in House last night. Looked very tidy. Must have been their Chrimbo party, there was a good lot of them. Gawd, Anto trying hard as well. Erica and "The brows" were as close as ever and Christiano with no bruises

What do you think you are using now ,, Doh

Same resource I used to be certain that the actor playing Eoghan wasn't in Father Ted! Amazing innit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Wheres Hayleys other brother supposed to have gone? The fella that was always upto sometjing new. He's meant to be living with them...

They always just make characters disappear for no reason whatsoever, so annoying

Same resource I used to be certain that the actor playing Eoghan wasn't in Father Ted! Amazing innit.

Innit ??? What part of the UK are you from ??

There is a fine line between fan and stalker , You may have crossed that line , The rest of us are just fans of soap chatting about our shared interest

There is a fine line between fan and stalker , You may have crossed that line , The rest of us are just fans of soap chatting about our shared interest

I'm not sure if you're hilarious or scary.

I'm not sure if you're hilarious or scary.
    You have shown exactly what you are , So jog on

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement