Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v9] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Spring Chick

Could someone tell me what the story is with Wayne, Orla, Junior, Sasha and Tommy Dillon?

I only started re-watching Fair City a few months back, so that storyline was dwindling by the time I started to watch. It looks like it will come up again over Christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Bosco/Rory is currently co-presenting a show on KCLR; he's bucking brutal at that as well. Wooden. Not rehearsed. Reading straight off a script.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Niall_76

Wheres Hayleys other brother supposed to have gone? The fella that was always upto sometjing new. He's meant to be living with them...

They always just make characters disappear for no reason whatsoever, so annoying

Not sure about Lee but they mentioned last night that Darragh “even” dropped in for the Sunday roast. Dropped in from where? His bedroom?

Could someone tell me what the story is with Wayne, Orla, Junior, Sasha and Tommy Dillon?

I only started re-watching Fair City a few months back, so that storyline was dwindling by the time I started to watch. It looks like it will come up again over Christmas.

Junior has a rare medical condition and needs bone marrow from a donor. Wayne and Orla need a brother or sister for him by IVF to be sure they have a match. But Tommy is Junior's biological dad, and Orla couldn't get pregnant because of some polyps or something. So Sash went off to Prague to carry the donor child under the agreement that she could then keep the baby as her own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,206 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Fiona / Barry etc spoiler for this week :
    Turns out the entire "audit" is a scam between Barry and 'Joyce' and the two of them know each other from prison

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Spring Chick

Thanks for explaining! Does everyone know that Tommy is Junior's biological dad?

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Flowergirl201

Niall_76 wrote: »
    Not sure about Lee but they mentioned last night that Darragh “even” dropped in for the Sunday roast. Dropped in from where? His bedroom?

Yea I was wondering at that myself

Thanks for explaining! Does everyone know that Tommy is Junior's biological dad?

No only a small handful of people, can't remember who though.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Flowergirl201

No only a small handful of people, can't remember who though.

Was there not some row in mc coys/ the station where someone yelled out loud about Tommy being the daddy?
    But in saying that I dont ever remember anyone outside the family talking about it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

NorthCity wrote: »
    You have shown exactly what you are , So jog on

A quick glance at the Father Ted entry on www.imdb.com will tell you that Alan Howley did not appear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭NorthCity

I thought Wayne told everybody

A quick glance at the Father Ted entry on www.imdb.com will tell you that Alan Howley did not appear.

Careful now!

Joyce = legend

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Softkitty91

Careful now!

I saw the episode on Dailymotion it wasn't Alan/Eòghan playing that young fella didn't really look like a young Eòghan

I saw the episode on Dailymotion it wasn't Alan/Eòghan playing that young fella didn't really look like a young Eòghan

Oh I know. But apparently that's "stalking".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Settle down folks or I’ll get Snarler to sort ye out.

bazermc wrote: »
    Settle down folks or I’ll get Snarler to sort ye out.

I get the impression she's lost her bite.

Oh I know. But apparently that's "stalking".
    You were very quick to name Decco's baby , Now clear off you insufferable bore , Every thread has one of you unfortunately , Stalker

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Hatshepsut

Ah stop fighting will ye, this is supposed to be a thread to have the craic about fair city. Plus it's Christmas - peace and goodwill to all

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭ifElseThen

30 years since he played one Tom Bowen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

Jesus, there's some woeful acting in that episode :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,628 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Does Jane know Hayley is her new co worker yet

Jesus, there's some woeful acting in that episode :eek:

You can see the resemblance between Erica and her real life father Johnny One

Bosco may not become as a regular on Fair City when Rose departs , I thought he would have remained as manager of Spar

https://www.thesun.ie/tvandshowbiz/tv/4894177/rory-cowan-fair-city-future-christmas-rte/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Does Jane know Hayley is her new co worker yet

God love her, she hasn't even noticed that Stephen hasn't been seen there for years. In fact, nobody's noticed he's missing. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,206 ✭✭✭jos28

Bosco may not become as a regular on Fair City when Rose departs , I thought he would have remained as manager of Spar

https://www.thesun.ie/tvandshowbiz/tv/4894177/rory-cowan-fair-city-future-christmas-rte/

source.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Bosco's whoring & touring the book around; he was on KCLR yesterday (Monday) co-presenting their Christmas special; the buke got a number of mentions; I'd imagine he's going the rounds as a PR opp. with other regional & local stations too.

Some Charlatan, sorry, Fortune Teller called Sandy was on to read him his Tarot Cards on air & predicted that he'd have big news coming in March; GM of St. Patks. Day Parade perhaps?

Though such experts're fond of the smell of their own b/s in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

Hayley being treated like Cinderella hahahaha

"Baz"!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Better Than Christ

Steve Coogan's Irish accent is amazing...

Steve Coogan's Irish accent is amazing...

I was wondering who he reminded me of! Kinda Steve Coogan meets Steve Buscemi!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

Jesus Christ on a bike, bob reveling ginger boy just as the two girls walk by, the camera when shorty and brows were chatting was also strange

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,160 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Jesus Christ on a bike, bob reveling ginger boy just as the two girls walk by, the camera when shorty and brows were chatting was also strange

They have to warp the camera to try and fit the two in the same shot. Giants waist was just below Shortys neck when they were side by side crossing the road

• Registered Users Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

That tool that looks after the “Faircity Fan) Twitter is trying to justify Bosco as a good actor
    Must be on his payroll

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Fiolina

OMG the hack of Barry, Paul, Bella etc.
    Time is cruel to us all.

That tool that looks after the “Faircity Fan) Twitter is trying to justify Bosco as a good actor
    Must be on his payroll
    In fairness he is starting to improve , Maybe he needs a little more time to settle in .

Fiolina wrote: »
    Time is cruel to us all.
    There is a lot of hair under the bridge since that was made

Great to see again but wish uploaders would use the correct aspect ratio.
    It was made in 4:3 not widescreen. Black bars aren't evil.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭jenny wren 1950

Im starting to like bosco now still think he would have been lovely for christiano :)

• Advertisement

Im starting to like bosco now still think he would have been lovely for christiano :)

Agreed! I never watched Mrs Brown's Boys, just wouldn't be my thing, but I can understand why others who did might be annoyed to see him come over playing a similar character (and I also hate the RTE job-for-life thing). But I really enjoy John Bosco as a comedic character in Fair City! They need one!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I love how they shoehorn people into couples in this show, dean is the new tommy dillion, with the big head of white hair on him, his long lost son.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Fiolina wrote: »
    Time is cruel to us all.

Who played Paddy decorating the tree?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,628 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Why does Renee wear a uniform but not Mairead and Bosco in Spar?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭tototoe

Agreed! I never watched Mrs Brown's Boys, just wouldn't be my thing, but I can understand why others who did might be annoyed to see him come over playing a similar character (and I also hate the RTE job-for-life thing). But I really enjoy John Bosco as a comedic character in Fair City! They need one!

No offence but hes about as funny as cass, ie. Not funny at all.
    the fact he cant act just adds to the problem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,206 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Why does Renee wear a uniform but not Mairead and Bosco in Spar?

Mairead is the store manager and wouldn't be required to wear one, but Bosco definitely would.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Surely Barry tells Bela its none of his business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Naggdefy

Barry's attempts at being the streetwise ex crim seem to be hitting the rocks rather quickly.

Bosco to Eoghan , You will wipe her BUM , I nearly threw up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭KM792

Bella...who hasn't had a storyline in 37 years now determined to not let Barry have an argument in peace.

And that jumper has seen some mileage.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement