Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v9] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Heading down the road of "Eoghan loses patience more and more until he thumps Rose around a few times", it seems this dementia is going to get worse and worse and the FC script writers need to tick the elder abuse box, I can see them dragging this out until next summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I don’t know how Hayley sticks working for Ger. She’s a rude aggressive b*tch. Ud be on edge constantly at work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,628 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

When did Cas start working on Orla's tours, is Eoghan gone from them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,854 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    When did Cas start working on Orla's tours, is Eoghan gone from them?

I think Eoghan got offered another ob but he ended up turning it down.

I have no idea where Fionn is living by the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Heading down the road of "Eoghan loses patience more and more until he thumps Rose around a few times", it seems this dementia is going to get worse and worse and the FC script writers need to tick the elder abuse box, I can see them dragging this out until next summer.

I suppose all the other domestic abuse storylines have being done, man abuses woman, woman abuses man, gay couple abuse. So why not do adult son abuses elderly parent to tick that box.

• Advertisement

I hope not this for Eoghan and Rose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,169 ✭✭✭893bet

Was Paul never present for the “audit” that he don’t recognise yer man?

893bet wrote: »
    Was Paul never present for the “audit” that he don’t recognise yer man?

I thought Paul was in Vinos working during the visit
    Pregnant Sash Bishop returns
    at Christmas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

at Christmas

With a hairy baby!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

KM792 wrote: »
    Bella...who hasn't had a storyline in 37 years now determined to not let Barry have an argument in peace.

And that jumper has seen some mileage.

It was sorta nice they hinted at Bella's/Barry's history but I'm disappointed they didn't mention Barry raising Bella's child

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,443 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

at Christmas

I missed a lot of this - I stopped watching, so is she surrogate for Orla and Ram? If so this baby will be the most ****ed up thing in the world, raised by Wayne and Orla with 'Auntie' Sash and the Bishops all being watched from the attic by Ram. Suffering jaysis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

NorthCity wrote: »
    Bosco to Eoghan , You will wipe her BUM , I nearly threw up

I was just having my diner T.M.I.

McLoughlin wrote: »
    It was sorta nice they hinted at Bella's/Barry's history but I'm disappointed they didn't mention Barry raising Bella's child

Who's Bella's child that Barry reared?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Seamai wrote: »

Alice who died in infancy back in the early 1990s

Bella fertilised Barry's wife and it only came to light when the child was sick - sound familiar?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Barry's wife was Linda. The child was Alice.

McLoughlin wrote: »
    Alice who died in infancy back in the early 1990s

Yes, I remember now her mother had a fling with Bella (what woman in FC didn't he sleep with?) and then she got involved with Barry. Bella's always been a cranky old F*****. He's a great man for taking the moral high ground after leaving a trail of destruction behind him in the past.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,206 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

fin12 wrote: »
    I don’t know how Hayley sticks working for Ger. She’s a rude aggressive b*tch. Ud be on edge constantly at work.

So what is Ger up to anyway.....I assume McCoys is a front for money laundering or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,842 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Barry needs some milk for his cornflakes and goes to a plain ol under the counter fridge !

Anyone else with me that someone of Paul Brennan's calibre would have at the very least a large american style type fridge with ice dispenser in the door and at the very most one of those internet connected fridges that orders milk and cheese when you need it ?

I missed a lot of this - I stopped watching, so is she surrogate for Orla and Ram? If so this baby will be the most ****ed up thing in the world, raised by Wayne and Orla with 'Auntie' Sash and the Bishops all being watched from the attic by Ram. Suffering jaysis.

I thought Orla wanted Sash to keep the child

• Advertisement

Barry needs some milk for his cornflakes and goes to a plain ol under the counter fridge !

Anyone else with me that someone of Paul Brennan's calibre would have at the very least a large american style type fridge with ice dispenser in the door and at the very most one of those internet connected fridges that orders milk and cheese when you need it ?

Dermot Bannon insists on getting rid of American fridges. More likely to find one in a council house than an architect designed gaff (I have one :o )

Oh my jaysis - so Ram and Orla's kid being raised by the Bishops.

Well she agreed to it at the time but I'm sure once she claps eyes on the "Child of Prague" (the working title until the sprog gets a name, wasn't it conceived there?) it will be a different matter. I wonder what story are they going to spin for Dolores?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Strazdas wrote: »
    So what is Ger up to anyway.....I assume McCoys is a front for money laundering or something?

She’s a loan shark like Gary in Corrie.

I say all those people in the pub queuing up we’re paying their debts.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭NorthCity

Well she agreed to it at the time but I'm sure once she claps eyes on the "Child of Prague" (the working title until the sprog gets a name, wasn't it conceived there?) it will be a different matter. I wonder what story are they going to spin for Dolores?

Orla and Wayne wanted to keep the baby but Sash wouldn't go through with it unless she could keep the child , If you remember Wayne was totally against the idea but Orla insisted and Wayne caved , It would be a nice twist if Tommy sought custody of both kids .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Naggdefy

This Eoghan/Rose story is developing into bol*cks. Having looked after a father with dementia for years that's generally not the reaction to the condition. No matter how bad you feel yourself you do 'roll with it'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Fiolina

"Chewy bastards" made me lol even though I don't like Bosco

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Owen is some miserable git!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Naggdefy

Back to how he was when he came on the scene. We had a year or so interlude of nice Eoghan, good with Fionn etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

That was the cringiest episode since Wayne's American ex wife danced her way out of McCoy's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Isnt this whole Fiona and Barry story just a carbon copy of Dermot and Niamh and "The Plan" to fleece Paul of all his money? The similarities are striking- Dermot initially planned to help Niamh only to run off with the money. Only now its Barry using some stupid charity as an excuse to run with the money...

It must be very hard for the scriptwriters to write stories for Paul- its always the same old thing of "Meets woman or has an affair, falls for their charms, they take something from him and run", repeat as above forever. So tiresome :rolleyes:

to be honest grouchy done well to bin rose before she put her tongue down his throat ... some things you just cannot 'roll with it' !

Naggdefy wrote: »
    Back to how he was when he came on the scene. We had a year or so interlude of nice Eoghan, good with Fionn etc.

Eoghan has changed for the worse all of a sudden towards Rose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

Does Brows Dillon do anything apart from float around like a plastic bag in the wind interfering in other peoples lives?

How boring is the Erica/Doug story? Will they/won't they? Will they/won't they? Who gives a fup?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Given Barrys ex has been raised on here; can someone remind me did she die in it & how?

Would love to know what she, and many others, did next; the anorak in me wants to know.

When they fell from public eye (not saying stardom!!) did they keep acting at local level on stage etc. or go back to doing ordinary jobs like taxi driver such as yer man who plays Deegan does?

Like for Harry (Paul Raynor) when he left I think it was acrimonious & Ireland's a quare small place so his name might've been sullied in terms of Gaeity or Abbey etc. stage work.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭sitkaspruce

I'm loving all the scenes with Fiona, what a babe! The best looking woman in the show with a long while.

• Advertisement

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    Given Barrys ex has been raised on here; can someone remind me did she die in it & how?

Would love to know what she, and many others, did next; the anorak in me wants to know.

When they fell from public eye (not saying stardom!!) did they keep acting at local level on stage etc. or go back to doing ordinary jobs like taxi driver such as yer man who plays Deegan does?

Like for Harry (Paul Raynor) when he left I think it was acrimonious & Ireland's a quare small place so his name might've been sullied in terms of Gaeity or Abbey etc. stage work.
    I think Annette was Barry's last girlfriend before he accidentally killed Sarah and went to prison , Annette reminds me of Fiona , Remember Barry use to be engaged to Niamh , I'm surprised Barry isn't attracted to Fiona .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 203 ✭✭Dynomutt

I'm loving all the scenes with Fiona, what a babe! The best looking woman in the show with a long while.

Definitely the best looking woman if you're into an 80s Phil Oakey.

12789f3fa3568bad9c1e84c56bf6bc7f--eighties-music--s.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

I can’t see the attraction, sorry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Drifter50

Ha, had to think for a minute but true though

Really ? Each to their own I guess. I’d have thought Mairead or Jane would be far more attractive (but I’m a woman so can’t speak for men !)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭sitkaspruce

Really ? Each to their own I guess. I’d have thought Mairead or Jane would be far more attractive (but I’m a woman so can’t speak for men !)

Fine looking women in their own right but they cant rock the power suit or pencil skirt like Fiona

I have doubts about her acting skills though or maybe it's the character she's playing.

A vote for Dearbhla here, she's quite sexy in her own way :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,677 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Only a few weeks ago Erica barely gave Doug the time of day, in fact she treated him like dirt and now all of a sudden she is in love with him.

Although considering she and Darragh decided to get married after going on about 5 dates to McCoys I suppose it's not so strange after all.

For the life of me I could never figure out the Jane thing. She’s very mousey looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

That tool that looks after the “Faircity Fan) Twitter is trying to justify Bosco as a good actor
    Must be on his payroll

Tool is a very good description.

Only a few weeks ago Erica barely gave Doug the time of day, in face she treated him like dirt and now all of a sudden she is in love with him.

Although considering she and Darragh decided to get married after going on about 5 dates to McCoys I suppose it's not so strange after all.

Dearbhla has a point in saying that Erica is stringing Doug along a bit. She was the one who went in for the illicit kiss a few months back, similar stuff again the other night and yet she's the engaged one.

Nokia6230i wrote: »

think the one who played the money lender 'muscles' has his own spa business or something. and the bishop one with the couriers has his own gardening business hasnt he?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Only a few weeks ago Erica barely gave Doug the time of day, in fact she treated him like dirt and now all of a sudden she is in love with him.
    I don't think its that clear cut though. Probably fair to say that knowing she was engaged that she was in denial (to not only Doug but also to herself and others) about her true feelings for him. I suppose love itself can cause even the best of us to act in an irrational manner in certain circumstances.

Fine looking women in their own right but they cant rock the power suit or pencil skirt like Fiona

Or leather skirt for that matter

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement