Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v9] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Drifter50

For the life of me I could never figure out the Jane thing. She’s very mousey looking.

Yep, I`d agree with that, don`t see it either but Fiona on the other hand.............................bump

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭NorthCity

I don't think its that clear cut though. Probably fair to say that knowing she was engaged that she was in denial (to not only Doug but also to herself and others) about her true feelings for him. I suppose love itself can cause even the best of us to act in an irrational manner in certain circumstances.

I remember just over a year ago Erica went out for a drink with Doug , The time Anto Collins gave him his bad boy leather jacket to impress her , Doug played it too cool and spouted some nonsense about seeing as many women as he likes , Erica reacted badly and said i thought i knew you and left , So she was seriously considering dating Doug in the early stages , I'm guessing sometime around November 2018

I don't think its that clear cut though. Probably fair to say that knowing she was engaged that she was in denial (to not only Doug but also to herself and others) about her true feelings for him. I suppose love itself can cause even the best of us to act in an irrational manner in certain circumstances.

It was actually October 2018 ,

Sunday, December 22: No episode
    Tuesday, December 24 (Christmas Eve): 7.55pm
    Wednesday, December 25 (Christmas Day): 9pm - one hour special
    Thursday, December 26 (St. Stephen's Day): 8.30pm
    Sunday, December 29: 8pm
    Tuesday, December 31 (New Year's Eve): 7.55pm
    Wednesday, January 1 (New Year's Day): 7.30pm
    Thursday, January 2: 8pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

I’m afraid to ask but where the heck is Caddle gone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

bazermc wrote: »

She's gone to get the Diamonds appraised

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭lulu1

I'm afraid to ask too but who is caddle never heard of her/him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

lulu1 wrote: »
    Carol. I'm afraid to say you need to be following the thread here to know these sort of thingstongue.png

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

Carol. I'm afraid to say you need to be following the thread here to know these sort of thingstongue.png

I thought everyone knew who Caddle was :D

You have to say Carol with a Strong Dublin accent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,206 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

You have to say Carol with a Strong Dublin accent

i.e. the way Mrs Brown would pronounce it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,628 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is Cathal back soon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭lulu1

Seamai wrote: »
    I thought everyone knew who Caddle was :D
    I didn't but I do now :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭leche solara

Strazdas wrote: »
    i.e. the way Mrs Brown would pronounce it :)

Mrs Brown doesnt actually speak with a Dublin accent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,854 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Tuesday the 24th December Christmas Eve 19:55
    Orla and Wayne are shocked when Sash returns unannounced. Ger continues moneylending, Bosco admits that he cannot look after Rose, and Erica realises she has a big decision to make.
    Wednesday 25th December Christmas day Day Hour long 21:00
    The Molloys and Bishops are forced to spend Christmas together. Anto's kindness ends in disaster for the Collins family and Erica is faced with an impossible choice.
    Thursday 26th St Stephen's Day 20:30
    Hayley confronts Ger and Sharon in a desperate effort to nail down the truth. Anto is stunned at the lengths Sharon goes to in order to win Hayley back. The pressure of lying about the baby weighs heavily on Sash, forcing her into a drastic decision.
    Sunday 29th December 20:00
    When Hayley chooses to cut Ger out of her life, Anto makes a decision that Sharon sees as a massive betrayal. While Sash resents how keeping a secret means lying to Laura.
    Tuesday 31st December New Year's Eve 19:55
    As the community prepares to ring in the New Year, Hayley accuses Sharon of lying to her. Meanwhile, Renee sacrifices her anniversary plans for Bosco, but her good deed backfires

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

I didn't but I do now :)

Shes the most boring character in the show, she was lauded for her role as a gangsters moll about 20 years ago when Billy Meehan was in the show, and since then she has been dining out on that "fame" ever since. All of her storylines are the same - gangster from Billy Meehans past comes back and torments her/abuses her/tries to kill her etc etc. Rinse and repeat forever. People seem to like her character for some bizarre reason so that's what you get with her- snarling at everyone, lighting up fags and playing the victim as a gangsters moll.

Basically, shes screwed if she ever left FC as she only played one character her whole life, and an exceptionally boring one at that :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,206 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Mrs Brown doesnt actually speak with a Dublin accent

I would say north inner city Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Strazdas wrote: »
    I would say north inner city Dublin.

I'd say a Brendan O'Carroll accent.

Sash back to Laura, I thought it was sort of Dean again before she left :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Naggdefy

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Sash back to Laura, I thought it was sort of Dean again before she left :confused:

True.

Dean had a short stint with Ms. Holloway and his friends with benefits with 'The Brows'. He really seems to have a bit of trouble with commitment. That fella was 20 in 1997, so 42. I saw a clip where brows was doing her leaving in 2011, make her 26ish. Why does he hang around with Doug, Erica, Brows etc... He's more Damo, Wayne...Sharon :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Naggdefy wrote: »
    He's more Damo, Wayne...Sharon :D

Sharon has quite a few years on Damo I would have thought.

True.

Dean had a short stint with Ms. Holloway and his friends with benefits with 'The Brows'. He really seems to have a bit of trouble with commitment. That fella was 20 in 1997, so 42. I saw a clip where brows was doing her leaving in 2011, make her 26ish. Why does he hang around with Doug, Erica, Brows etc... He's more Damo, Wayne...Sharon :D

Dean and Damo were friends until Caoimhe

Has Dean been with the three Dillon sisters?

Dean and Damo were friends until Caoimhe

Has Dean been with the three Dillon sisters?

Don't know about Nessa?

I know Orla (Sorcha Furlong) is related to Paul Harrington of Rock n Roll kids fame. A niece I think.

But she's taking this Eurovision thing a bit far trying to look like Niamh Kavanagh..

hqdefault.jpg

Did Dearbhla say Sharon invited her for Christmas dinner, surely she'd be with Tommy or in Kilkenny with Kitty

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

I know Orla (Sorcha Furlong) is related to Paul Harrington of Rock n Roll kids fame. A niece I think.

But she's taking this Eurovision thing a bit far trying to look like Niamh Kavanagh..

hqdefault.jpg

I think she went out with him for a couple of years.

The entire cast should do this every year , Tommy looks like Noel Edmonds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztYGUAHVBMI

Happy Christmas to my fellow Fair City Boardsies.

I’m shattered already and it’s only half 4. I might need to record tonight’s rubbish and watch in the am.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

True.

I don’t know does he have a problem with commitment, he was very serious with Tracey and wanted to be serious with Tessa but that didn’t work out. So obviously he is up for a committed relationship but only with the right person.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,677 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

The Christmas Day eposide is supposed to be the highlight of the year but I can't think of a single thing that will make tonights one exciting.

Hopefully I'll be proved wrong and will be eating my words in an hour.

Did Doug get the ride?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Millionaire only not

Did Doug get the ride?

Not yet just a snog , it’s hopeless and with Wayne and Orla back with that brat junior , I’m Getty sick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,160 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Orla making Wayne seem like Einstein again.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Cringe worthy stuff .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Did Doug get the ride?

In the back seat of the car. Given it was after the watershed, they could have given us a bit more *action*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Poor stuff tonight. That was a primetime slot on Rte . should of aired at 7 to 8pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

RTE really need to do a recap when characters who've been out for a bit return cos I'm still struggling to put together the Sash jigsaw pieces.

"Sash returns 10 months after becoming pregnant because this is Fair City & continuity or accuracy're unimportant..."

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Millionaire only not

In the back seat of the car. Given it was after the watershed, they could have given us a bit more *action*

I thought I saw Erica t...

• Advertisement

Did Doug get the ride?

Inferred, but not definitively confirmed.

Who's Hayleys father so? Georgie Burgess? :pac:

Inferred, but not definitively confirmed.

He couldnt have been too long by the looks of it. Spare a thought for the car owner with Dougs jizz all over the back seat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,313 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    RTE really need to do a recap when characters who've been out for a bit return cos I'm still struggling to put together the Sash jigsaw pieces.

"Sash returns 10 months after becoming pregnant because this is Fair City & continuity or accuracy're unimportant..."
    Did Tommy the stallion impregnate Sash?

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭threetrees

Darragh says twins run in his family. Sure that has no impact on Erica having twins or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Despite Christmas Day being no ads on RTE 1 the Player, when I go to watch tonights episode on catch up has no such perks with usual 5 ads at beginning.

• Advertisement

He couldnt have been too long by the looks of it. Spare a thought for the car owner with Dougs jizz all over the back seat

Is that Ger's car?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Ger is a great character. Very good actress i must say. Almost like a female version of Oisin with those great one liners!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

We were debating here if Doug left his trousers and overalls around his ankles. He's some mover to be cavourting in the back seat of a Yaris.....overalls or no overalls !

Did I miss Darragh and Lee finding out that Ger is Hayley's mother, was it shown :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,854 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Did I miss Darragh and Lee finding out that Ger is Hayley's mother, was it shown :confused:

It wasn't shown.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement