Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v9] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

I bet ya Darragh will buy the Golf and will find Erica’s knickers in the back seat and we will have to endure 3 months of who owns the knickers storyline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

bazermc wrote: »
    I bet ya Darragh will buy the Golf and will find Erica’s knickers in the back seat and we will have to endure 3 months of who owns the knickers storyline.
    Either that or it will be like the spunk mobile scene from The Inbetweeners. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Naggdefy

I think one reason that Erica, especially, and Doug aren't on the receiving end of too much flak for their carry on is Darragh.

I find it impossible to have any sympathy for him. He proposed after about 3 dates and I don't recall one remotely close, intimate scene with Erica. He comes across as dim witted, lazy and I actually can't think of anything with an emotional IQ so low to compare him with. He's completely bland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,443 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Who is Hailey's father?

Probably turn out to be Ram

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭NorthCity

bazermc wrote: »

We had that story line already , The time Decco found Mondo's boxer shorts in his home . A better story line would have been if the car belonged to Darragh and somewhat the dashcam was activated recording the conversation , Grunts and all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,854 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Just a little theory Erica was jilted before. So she might do the jolting this time around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,628 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Does Erica have parents and family?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Naggdefy

Not to labour the point but I can't think of any male FC character in the 18-40 age group as dull as Daragh.

Oisin always annoyed me but brilliant character. Callum was even passable. Cristiano, Will, Damo, Dean, Wayne, the psychos Ciaran and Dr. Oakley etc all have some bit of individuality about them. Going back 10-15 years, Keith (rip), Turlough, Floyd, Jimmy Doyle, Terence the baddie again all were unique in their own way.

Darragh does to me what Caddle does to Wanderer:P

Darragh looks much older compared to Doug and Erica

And how lucky Doug and Darragh being all pally now, best mates

Just a little theory Erica was jilted before. So she might do the jolting this time around.

No she wasn't jilted , That was the story she put out when she arrive in Carrickstown but when her ex showed up she had to come clean and reveal it was her who skipped off and left him in lurch , The ex was the lad who lived with Dermot and Jo

• Advertisement

NorthCity wrote: »

No she wasn't jilted , That was the story she put out when she arrive in Carrickstown but when her ex showed up she had to come clean and reveal it was her who skipped off and left him in lurch , The ex was the lad who lived with Dermot and Jo

Thanks, she'll do it again so.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

NorthCity wrote: »

I find her very unlikable given her history but they try to paint her all sweetness and light.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

I don't know if I had too much to drink but I found the whole Christmas episode confusing... Was the Christmas eve and Christmas day rolled into the one hour episode?. It seemed to be all over the place!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

May she rest in peace

2019 was a rough year for the Fair City cast!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭threetrees

RIP Jean Costello. I always liked Rita, she's been written out a long time now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,123 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

https://www.breakingnews.ie/showbiz/fair-city-actress-jean-costello-dies-aged-76-972555.html
    Rest her soul. Herself and Pat Leavy RIP had a unique style. Together again now

RIP

I thought the actress was dead already :o when her character was killed off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Think she was in poor health for years. RIP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

Just catching up on Christmas day’s episode, credit where it’s due, I thought the scene where Hayley found out about Ger was very good. Good acting from all 4, then those two plonkers arrive, Darragh and Lee are woeful especially the ‘sobbing’ Darragh telling the mrs, can’t remember her name,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Haley, Ger and Pete are in Damo, and Ivor the Movie, which is on RTE 1 right now.

branie2 wrote: »
    Haley, Ger and Pete are in Damo, and Ivor the Movie, which is on RTE 1 right now.

And Sharon!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

branie2 wrote: »

It's so pathetic it makes fair city look AMAZING.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

It's so pathetic it makes fair city look AMAZING.

The first series on tv was very good, some great laughs in it, my personal favorite moment was when he found out granny was a prostitute and was only charging a tenner for a ride, was hilarious or when Ivor threw 5 grand back in his old mans face accusing him of being stingy but it went down hill in the second season. Films not great either.

fin12 wrote: »
    The first series on tv was very good, some great laughs in it, my personal favorite moment was when he found out granny was a prostitute and was only charging a tenner for a ride, was hilarious or when Ivor threw 5 grand back in his old mans face accusing him of being stingy but it went down hill in the second season. Films not great either.

Agreed, film was awful (but fully expected it to be). I like the second season too up to pretty much the last episode, which was a mess. Not as strong as the first though. It was never going to be high brow comedy but it certainly had some great moments!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 RedParrot

Who is Hailey's father?

Paul is the most fertile man in Ireland so it's probably, more than likely, Paul.

Just saw ciaron and ellie on two talented Christmas programme. They were absolutely brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭jenny wren 1950

RedParrot wrote: »
    Paul is the most fertile man in Ireland so it's probably, more than likely, Paul.
    i think anto is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,677 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Naggdefy wrote: »
    I think one reason that Erica, especially, and Doug aren't on the receiving end of too much flak for their carry on is Darragh.

I find it impossible to have any sympathy for him. He proposed after about 3 dates and I don't recall one remotely close, intimate scene with Erica. He comes across as dim witted, lazy and I actually can't think of anything with an emotional IQ so low to compare him with. He's completely bland.

Sounds like a match made in heaven to me because Erica is just the same, neither of them are one bit bothered about the person they are with.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Does anyone in Fair City own a kettle?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

Hahaha
    Even that horrible (character) Diloras hates that brutal character/actor/person
    Bosco should be banished

• Registered Users Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

Ah here
    Hayley is calling her real Mam Ger, her step mam Sharon, but Anto dad, when clearly he is not
    And now we have to believe that Anto has long lost crap in the attic only after moving in last year

i think anto is

Not quite a Pakistani postman but close enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,677 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Looks like it's sad face time for Orla again after months of going around without a care in the world laughing and joking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,160 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Sash has the right idea.

Leave the fùcking lunatics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭tototoe

Back to wayne orla and co....zzzzzzz
    As for mondo and his movie , what a load of horse manure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Fair play to Anto for telling Hayley the truth. Sharon is a wagon.

I think Trigger or Billy is Hayley's real dad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

Jebus, for a while tonight I thought I was watching an old recorded episode of FC. We're back to pathetic Wayne and snot dribbling Orla.....again. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Ever notice that whenever there is a child in a scene in FC, they are always asked to leave the room within 20 seconds of the scene. Happened twice tonight with Junior- was happy out playing on the sofa then was fcuked off to his room, Delores walked in later and said straight out "Why don't you go to your room?".

Same with poor Ruth too, that child was forever being told to go upstairs to colour in or wash her hands, then Carols kid is forever being ordered upstairs or out of the room whenever someone else joins the scene!

I know its hard to film with animals and kids but ffs if you want to feature a kid in a scene, practice it a few times so they can stay in from the start to the end of the scene instead of lazily removing them from shot!

Ever notice that whenever there is a child in a scene in FC, they are always asked to leave the room within 20 seconds of the scene. Happened twice tonight with Junior- was happy out playing on the sofa then was fcuked off to his room, Delores walked in later and said straight out "Why don't you go to your room?".

Same with poor Ruth too, that child was forever being told to go upstairs to colour in or wash her hands, then Carols kid is forever being ordered upstairs or out of the room whenever someone else joins the scene!

I know its hard to film with animals and kids but ffs if you want to feature a kid in a scene, practice it a few times so they can stay in from the start to the end of the scene instead of lazily removing them from shot!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Does anyone in Fair City own a kettle?

They Can’t afford one cause of all the outside coffees being bought. Vicious Circle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

Ah here
    Hayley is calling her real Mam Ger, her step mam Sharon, but Anto dad, when clearly he is not
    And now we have to believe that Anto has long lost crap in the attic only after moving in last year

In a brand new box!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

So, have I got this right. Tommy the Stud made a donation; Sash got pregnant (what seems like far more than 8-9 months ago but hey this is Fair City timelines so let's suspend reality......) & went off to Prague to be, er AI'd?

So she comes back in the family way & will be giving birth & keeping the daughter; stem cells'll be harvested to help Junior.

So how will Wayne & Orla explain this to Pete & Dolores?

Like Dolores thinks the surrogate's in Idaho (Boise; at least scriptwriters did their Geography!)..........

Did Damo get a perm?

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    So, have I got this right. Tommy the Stud made a donation; Sash got pregnant (what seems like far more than 8-9 months ago but hey this is Fair City timelines so let's suspend reality......) & went off to Prague to be, er AI'd?

So she comes back in the family way & will be giving birth & keeping the daughter; stem cells'll be harvested to help Junior.

So how will Wayne & Orla explain this to Pete & Dolores?

Like Dolores thinks the surrogate's in Idaho (Boise; at least scriptwriters did their Geography!)..........

They'll say the baby and it's mother went to live on the Galápagos Islands!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Ah here

Who is to say that Anto isn't her real dad ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

Was it just me or when Bosco sat down to watch TV on Christmas Day did anyone else wonder if he was waching Mrs Brown's Boys?

Shakyfan wrote: »
    Was it just me or when Bosco sat down to watch TV on Christmas Day did anyone else wonder if he was waching Mrs Brown's Boys?

It was the best episode I've ever watched. Took me by surprise .

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement