Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v9] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Spring Chick

Why did Orla and Wayne not tell the truth from the beginning, that Sash was the surrogate? Instead of making up a story about a surrogate in America that doesn't exist.. It makes no sense!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,628 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'm surprised Deco left pregnant Sash alone, Sash should ask Nikki for help, she had a brood :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

tototoe wrote: »
    Worst labour scene ever. The "fun" starts now eh, who gets the baby, how do they spin it to Delores....and who gets the lead role in Mondo's film...all probably will run until Easter

Christ, neighbours is more challenging than this.

Are ye kidding me.....it's no Call the midwife, but it was better than Corrie with Vicky...she must have had a car wash for a va**na.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭tototoe

Are ye kidding me.....it's no Call the midwife, but it was better than Corrie with Vicky...she must have had a car wash for a va**na.........

I dont watch Corrie tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

tototoe wrote: »
    I dont watch Corrie tbh.

Don't...it's getting worse....

I don't watch Corrie either but that definitely made me laugh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Ugh jesus, stop trying to make Junior look cute. That's the second or third time now they purposely made him say 'hostibal'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Why are they still lying to Delores?

Where on Earth is Tommy Dillon?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

Ugh jesus, stop trying to make Junior look cute. That's the second or third time now they purposely made him say 'hostibal'

So irritating!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,053 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Didn’t Rays second wife (Niamh and Sean’s mam) die on New Year’s Eve/Day after being hit by drunk Barry.. and no mention of her by Ray/Sean/Orla/Barry .,

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭NorthCity

Yesterday Lee asked Haley ' Do you ever get the feeling you just don't fit in ' she said where here , He replied 'no in this family , Ah just me' . I think that was a hint at more revelations to come in the Collins family

• Registered Users Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

Can't stand watching Orla cry and WHY is Hayley not the least bit interested in who her dad is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭awny

Dolores still didn’t ask what’s the babys name is?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Naggdefy

He's a cute little boy as it is, no need for forcing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Naggdefy

Sharon is willing to let Hayley lose her business for the 'family' house, but doesn't want to see Hayley catch a break now. Miserable bol*ix.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

"Don't you want your baby?"

Sounds like a song title

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Can't stand watching Orla cry and WHY is Hayley not the least bit interested in who her dad is?
    That is a bit odd actually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Naggdefy wrote: »
    Sharon is willing to let Hayley lose her business for the 'family' house, but doesn't want to see Hayley catch a break now. Miserable bol*ix.

Well until it’s all legally signed over, I wouldn’t believe a word Ger is saying.

Why she dragging her feet about signing it over, if she’s so genuine the minute Hayley said she’ll accept her gift she be getting the papers drawn up.

• Advertisement

Is Hayley older than Lee and Darragh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭marilynrr

I stopped watching a while back and only started watching it again recently.

Who are the parents of Sash's baby? Did she use an egg from Orla?

marilynrr wrote: »

Orla and Tommy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Ray is some gimp

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is Hayley older than Lee and Darragh?

Back when Ger came into it she said "You had two boys, you wanted a girl" so guess no, the lads are older.

Back when Ger came into it she said "You had two boys, you wanted a girl" so guess no, the lads are older.

Anto made it sound like he was afraid to be a dad, was forced to take Hayley from Sharon's mam

• Advertisement

Orla’s being a right b##ch again !
    Horrible to Sash during early labor , horrible to Wayne in hospital room, horrible to Dolores . She’s a sniveling mess again , they surely don’t have a good enough excuse to keep fobbing Dolores off indefinitely. Almost felt sorry for Wayne in the hospital room, he genuinely seemed thrilled for Sash....

Anto made it sound like he was afraid to be a dad, was forced to take Hayley from Sharon's mam

He did, but again consistency wouldn't be their best attribute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Where on Earth is Tommy Dillon?!

At home recovering no doubt and inevitably lighting up another cigar at siring half of Carrigstown unbeknownst to half the "Dads".....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Millionaire only not

marilynrr wrote: »

Egg from Orla , put it in a glass with bit of tommy Dillion , Wayne stirred it up and gave it to sash for the microwave !

Doleres is claiming the cake is hers , but we have to wait till ur man comes back from bringing the horse to France to figure it all out fr them !

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    At home recovering no doubt and inevitably lighting up another cigar at siring half of Carrigstown unbeknownst to half the "Dads".....

While his daughter lives with his girlfriend in her other boyfriend's house while he's in prison! But we're not supposed to remember Dermot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I always assumed Hayley was older

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

branie2 wrote: »
    I always assumed Hayley was older

Same here. And Harmony is the youngest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

And didn’t he say he was only 20? Did he have the two boys by then?

Curlysue76 wrote: »

I noticed that too - consistency again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Anto'll surely bang out a tune soon; doesn't he riff & strum a bit?

"Hayley, is it too late to say I'm sorry?".....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,443 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Curlysue76 wrote: »

It's written in the show that they are from Darndale - to quote a friend of mine from there 'I used to get slagged at 18 for not having kids' - now obviously he's exaggerating but you get the sentiment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,206 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Horrible to Sash during early labor , horrible to Wayne in hospital room, horrible to Dolores . She’s a sniveling mess again , they surely don’t have a good enough excuse to keep fobbing Dolores off indefinitely. Almost felt sorry for Wayne in the hospital room, he genuinely seemed thrilled for Sash....

Why are Orla and Wayne lying to Dolores? What is the reason for all the deceit and she being kept out of the loop? I can't remember what happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,206 ✭✭✭jos28

Spot on Maggie, Orla is a horrible character with no redeeming features. Horrible to everyone she meets, not a sympathetic bone in her body. Wayne is an awful gobsh1te but you'd nearly feel sorry for him married to that yoke.

I always thought Hayley was the oldest and as pointed out by CurlySue, he said he was nineteen when Hayley was born. Did he have the 2 sons by then :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

branie2 wrote: »
    "Don't you want your baby?"

Sounds like a song title

I think you may be thinking of "Don't you want me baby?"tongue.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2x_svZivpek

It's written in the show that they are from Darndale - to quote a friend of mine from there 'I used to get slagged at 18 for not having kids' - now obviously he's exaggerating but you get the sentiment

I thought Hayley and her family grew up near the Bishops

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

fin12 wrote: »
    Shirley can’t talk about anyone’s drinking, she’s the biggest alcoholic on the square. Surprised she hasn’t needed a liver transplant with the amount of vodka she downs on daily basis.

Wrong thréad

Originally Posted by fin12
    Shirley can’t talk about anyone’s drinking, she’s the biggest alcoholic on the square. Surprised she hasn’t needed a liver transplant with the amount of vodka she downs on daily basis.

Hughie can pop over from Dublin and be one of their sponsors :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

I've forgotten already, does Tommy Dillon know Sash was the surrogate ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

coolhull wrote: »
    I've always felt that ''The Magic Roundabout" was more challenging than Fair City.
    Not only were the characters more believable, the plots were more complicated too...

Coolhull! You're back!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Jesus, Delores is such an interfering owl cow, what.. "I've booked tickets", I'm going to Boise Idaho to see my grand daughter.. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

I must say I'd be wondering what was going on if I was Dolores.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

The face on Dolores at the end of the episode suggested she knows something is up. I'd string her up if she were my mother-in-law, she's so interfering, how many times in one day does she land into their house?! Couldn't cope with her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Cash_Q wrote: »
    The face on Dolores at the end of the episode suggested she knows something is up. I'd string her up if she were my mother-in-law, she's so interfering, how many times in one day does she land into their house?! Couldn't cope with her.

To be honest, she’s been pretty good to Wayne down through the years. Forgiving him for robbing her, has always helped out Wayne and Orla financially.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Flowergirl201

Mena Mitty wrote: »
    I've forgotten already, does Tommy Dillon know Sash was the surrogate ?

I'd say the writers have also forgotten

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭tototoe

Dolores has probably paid for most of this, given the money she gave to Wayne and Orla. More fool her.

Have to say, as it was mentioned(mistakenly) above, the gulf in class between this show and Eastenders is nuts. How they develop and manage storylines and characters just shows how uttrerly crap the writing is in Fair City. EE don;t always get it right but it has been superb this Christmas....where as with Fair City there is more holes in every storyline than Darina Allens sieve...and we end up with nonsense like Mondos film and 3 lads handcuffed together. Not even slightly amusing.

Unfortunately its worse this is getting.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement