Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v9] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Johnny Sausage

tototoe wrote: »
    Dolores has probably paid for most of this, given the money she gave to Wayne and Orla. More fool her.

Have to say, as it was mentioned(mistakenly) above, the gulf in class between this show and Eastenders is nuts. How they develop and manage storylines and characters just shows how uttrerly crap the writing is in Fair City. EE don;t always get it right but it has been superb this Christmas....where as with Fair City there is more holes in every storyline than Darina Allens sieve...and we end up with nonsense like Mondos film and 3 lads handcuffed together. Not even slightly amusing.

Unfortunately its worse this is getting.

Well in fairness if you look at the budget the BBC has to plough into eastenders compared to RTÉ for fair city, the production values alone show that

However that doesn't forgive fair City for having garbage script writing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Dolores has probably paid for most of this, given the money she gave to Wayne and Orla. More fool her.
    But a mothers love for her children is unconditional and all that? Even her generally likeable, albeit somewhat clownish adult offspring like Wayne. She would do anything for the sake of their wellbeing and that extends to their kids too? (Not getting into the debate that Wayne is not Juniors biological father - in the soap he loves him as if he is very much his own flesh and blood and plays the doting father role)

Agree with Johnny Sausages sentiment regarding RTE budget for Fair City versus BBC budget for EastEnders. That said the quality of the storylines has gone downhill over the last while and what particularly exacerbates this is they way they are executed and the lack of continuity.

Generally the quality of the actors on Fair City was never exceptional with a few notable exceptions. However, the storylines were traditionally pretty decent up to the last while. Think it was since they brought over the writer from Home and Away that things went south generally.

Think for the most part most people do not pay too much heed to discrepancies in dates and ages etc but the more eagle eyed and avid viewers will probably pick up on them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭tototoe

Well in fairness if you look at the budget the BBC has to plough into eastenders compared to RTÉ for fair city, the production values alone show that

However that doesn't forgive fair City for having garbage script writing

As you said the budget does t affect the scriptwriting which is what I commented on. And, the EE storylines at Christmas were hardly huge budget... fake gun, warehouse, make up etc. It's not as if they have plane crashes or mad explosions every day of the week, but they do have good writers who know how to build a story and a character.

FC has something like 40 people involved in writing and still can't pull a decent storyline together, and they have a few million spent in new sets recently, not that you would really notice an impact.

There is no escaping how bad it has become.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,854 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

If Cristiano or Will returns will one of them go off with Bosco?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

fin12 wrote:
    To be honest, she’s been pretty good to Wayne down through the years. Forgiving him for robbing her, has always helped out Wayne and Orla financially.

Oh yeah I know, she lets him away with murder, still overbearing and in their faces too much

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

If Cristiano or Will returns will one of them go off with Bosco?

I hope Will never comes back

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭NorthCity

Cash_Q wrote: »
    Oh yeah I know, she lets him away with murder, still overbearing and in their faces too much

I think Orla would have told her the new baby was a boy to throw her and everyone else off the connection with Sash . When the story eventually breaks i would like to see Tommy Dillon fight for custody of both kids pitting him against the Molloy's and Bishop's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,628 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I did think Dolly or Laura would have copped on that Sash's kid was giving the stem cells considering Wayne there for the birth or they might have thought Wayne the daddy

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Sash should be arrested for calling her kid Beyonce 🤣

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

As you said the budget does t affect the scriptwriting which is what I commented on. And, the EE storylines at Christmas were hardly huge budget... fake gun, warehouse, make up etc. It's not as if they have plane crashes or mad explosions every day of the week, but they do have good writers who know how to build a story and a character.

FC has something like 40 people involved in writing and still can't pull a decent storyline together, and they have a few million spent in new sets recently, not that you would really notice an impact.

There is no escaping how bad it has become.

Ahhh for FFS 40 people? What do need 40 people for ? Surely a group of 5 people or less could do the writing ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Sash should be arrested for calling her kid Beyonce 🀣

She called her Olivia did she not?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Ahhh for FFS 40 people? What do need 40 people for ? Surely a group of 5 people or less could do the writing ?

Like Corrie/Emmerdale...it seems....:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Olivia Bishop Molloy Dillion

Would have been nice to call her..Marian......just sayin..

No FC till 830pm folks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,205 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Seems Doug and Erica are rumbled this week and it becomes common knowledge they have been meeting on the sly (not sure how it's found out though).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

bazermc wrote: »
    No FC till 830pm folks.

I hate RTE so much. Is a consistent start time (8.00pm) too much to ask for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Strazdas wrote: »
    Seems Doug and Erica are rumbled this week and it becomes common knowledge they have been meeting on the sly (not sure how it's found out though).

Can’t wait, there’s going to be fireworks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

5 people living in Collins house, tiny table with 4 chairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Orla s hair is awful.

• Advertisement

Oh that’s awful. Poor Darragh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,859 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Orla s hair is awful.
    Was thinking the same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,677 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Sash is very cranky.

I want to see Darragh hit Doug a box, though we're usually only treated to a "Hold me back!" scene.

I want to see Darragh hit Doug a box, though we're usually only treated to a "Hold me back!" scene.

Darragh’s a big guy, he beat the sh*te out of Doug which he deserves.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Millionaire only not

Wayne’s inheritance gone - lol

Dougs a nasty piece of work, doesn’t even show an ounce of remorse or shame.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Millionaire only not

fin12 wrote: »

That’s love for u , happens in the real world !
    I’ve seen a new bride leave with the best man day after the wedding - lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,206 ✭✭✭jos28

Blanco100 wrote: »
    5 people living in Collins house, tiny table with 4 chairs.

I noticed that on Christmas Day when Pete Anto was told to set an extra place for Ger at the table. Where ?? I've seen bigger tables made by Fisher Price.

s-l500.jpg

• Advertisement

I’m surprised Sash’s baby isn’t orange rather than yellow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

bazermc wrote: »
    No FC till 830pm folks.

I could be wrong, but I think it will be on at 8:30 every Sunday until Dancing with the Nobody's is over. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

The slut has confessed!

At least it wasn't drawn out.

Looking forward to seeing Nodding Doug and Roxanna-The-Daughter-Of-Liam going public.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

fin12 wrote: »

....but but he's not the one with a ring on his finger. That Erica wan has nothing between her ears, she couldn't keep her mouth shut, a full confession for everyone to hear. When Darragh wouldn't speak to her in private she should have turned on her heels and legged it out the front door.

She has dropped Doug right in it. Doug is no angel either, there's a pair of them in it.

When God make them he matched them as they say.

Erica God love her has no redeeming features, she can't keep a secret, she's all over the place all the time and she makes a balls of anything she puts her hand to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

jos28 wrote: »
    I noticed that on Christmas Day when Pete was told to set an extra place for Ger at the table. Where ?? I've seen bigger tables made by Fisher Price.

s-l500.jpg

Pete? Huh? Really? May watch that one back but why would Ger've been Christmas Day'ing with Pete & Dolores (and Wayne & Orla + Junior) even allowing for her car breaking down?

The Erica & Darragh scene was brilliant by Fair City standards; this is replicating real life and I don't any of us'd like to be in eithers shoes or those who had to witness it but Darragh was going to do this his way; only bit of it he could control.

As for Huey & his various theatrical turns; apart from it paying the bills and putting serious wedge, Irish Soap Opera levels anyway, into his bank account it's a pity others haven't snapped him up.

Remember him in Lenny Abrahamsons Prosperity & he was superb; even his scenes with Kevin & the three hander with Barry & Paul were top notch.

He's wasted in Fair City in so many ways; can't recall how he was when he was acting with Natalie in the Pizzeria in early days; at least then you could the soap was finding its feet in a post Glenroe & Bracken & Tolka Row era; no such slack can be cut now.

• Advertisement

Wayne’s inheritance gone - lol

Sashs baby story was always going to be awkward to spin; we're presuming she explained it all to Pete & Dolores given the actual spiel wasn't aired but Dolores'd do well to realise she has NO hold over this baby; she's not a Grandparent; biologically it's got zero to do with Wayne (same's Junior but at least in that case he & Ors're together) & it's all on Sash, Orla & Tommy.

Juniors half-sister then? Or full sister?

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    Sashs baby story was always going to be awkward to spin; we're presuming she explained it all to Pete & Dolores given the actual spiel wasn't aired but Dolores'd do well to realise she has NO hold over this baby; she's not a Grandparent; biologically it's got zero to do with Wayne (same's Junior but at least in that case he & Ors're together) & it's all on Sash, Orla & Tommy.

Juniors half-sister then? Or full sister?

Full

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭LordBasil

Good episode last night, things are moving forward at last.

Liked Sash putting Dolores out of her misery and Darragh making Erica confess in front of his family. Doug and Erica were very careless kissing like that in the shop.

I cant understand it, maybe i missed an episode but, WTF is/was Dolores so interested in Sash's baby, she's not related....:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,206 ✭✭✭jos28

Pete? Huh? Really? May watch that one back but why would Ger've been Christmas Day'ing with Pete & Dolores (and Wayne & Orla + Junior) even allowing for her car breaking down?

Sorry, my mistake, I meant Anto :o

• Advertisement

I cant understand it, maybe i missed an episode but, WTF is/was Dolores so interested in Sash's baby, she's not related....:confused:

It's Dolores, that wan just can't mind her own business and gets involved in everything.

Dolly is close to Decco and Sam since KA worked for her so feels close to Sash too

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Dolly is close to Decco and Sam since KA worked for her so feels close to Sash too

Theres close and interfering.....should be good tonight...

KA?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Naggdefy

KA?

Kerri Anne.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Johnny Sausage

KA?

Kerry-Anne i presume

KA?

Sorry the killer Kerri Anne

Sorry the killer Kerri Anne

U mean Kerri Ann.................:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,854 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Next week
    Rebecca
    returns. I think it's
    Sarah's mother

Sean was or is living in Sarah's house, is he alone now since Alma and Jake left?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement