Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v9] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Dead serious- do you reckon any FC actors ever read this thread or are they wrapped up in the (mostly) positive comments on the Facebook page?

They definitely read it especially the writers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭jos28

My fiance is wondering if Orla has been rubbing her face with nettles and suggests she try anti histamines.

:D:D:D
    I thought she might be allergic to that hideous cardigan she keeps wearing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,134 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Dead serious- do you reckon any FC actors ever read this thread or are they wrapped up in the (mostly) positive comments on the Facebook page?

I reckon they do read it, some of them might even be members... I think this is the only forum on the net that comments on the show, although I'd say if you were to ask them they'd say No.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,000 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

We really need to get this thread going again.
    The writers should bring back Lucy and Oakley as a married couple. (Oakley got off on a technicality.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭Sparko

We really need to get this thread going again.
    The writers should bring back Lucy and Oakley as a married couple. (Oakley got off on a technicality.)

Was Oakley's prison sentence every mentioned? Or Emmet's or Aoife's for that matter?

Sparko wrote: »
    Was Oakley's prison sentence every mentioned? Or Emmet's or Aoife's for that matter?

All they said about Oakley was he had a lot more crimes commited.(I think)
    No mention of Aoife or Emmet..
    Poor Barry and Dermot have being forgotten about as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

I reckon they do read it, some of them might even be members... I think this is the only forum on the net that comments on the show, although I'd say if you were to ask them they'd say No.

Good point. This isn't America, where forums about big shows are ten a penny and usually official so that independent opinions about storylines or actors are usually buried where nobody sees them. Im open to correction, but I think this is the only place outside of the official Facebook page where FC stories are discussed. I know if I was a cast member id be really curious as to what people are saying about my acting skills then id probably be in tears when I read the brutally honest reviews!

So if youre reading this Aisling O Neill, nice to meet you! I have nothing against you but I do hate your snarling boring character. ;)

All they said about Oakley was he had a lot more crimes commited.(I think)
    No mention of Aoife or Emmet..
    Poor Barry and Dermot have being forgotten about as well.

It's shocking how they drag some of these storylines out for months (Dermot being the main one here) and then can't be bothered to drop a line or two into a script to tie it up at the end. I know they'll never show a court scene because that'd involve having access to more sets (similar to how we haven't seen a church scene in a long time) so I can accept that we won't actually see any courtroom drama, but they don't even have a character mention it to tie it all up.

Good point. This isn't America, where forums about big shows are ten a penny and usually official so that independent opinions about storylines or actors are usually buried where nobody sees them. Im open to correction, but I think this is the only place outside of the official Facebook page where FC stories are discussed. I know if I was a cast member id be really curious as to what people are saying about my acting skills then id probably be in tears when I read the brutally honest reviews!

So if youre reading this Aisling O Neill, nice to meet you! I have nothing against you but I do hate your snarling boring character. ;)

Remember the days before the internet when actors would wait up all night for the papers to be printed to read the reviews about themselves.... Sure they do read us... ;)

• Advertisement

Sparko wrote: »
    It's shocking how they drag some of these storylines out for months (Dermot being the main one here) and then can't be bothered to drop a line or two into a script to tie it up at the end. I know they'll never show a court scene because that'd involve having access to more sets (similar to how we haven't seen a church scene in a long time) so I can accept that we won't actually see any courtroom drama, but they don't even have a character mention it to tie it all up.

Wouldn't surprise me if they used the hospital room as a court house, hoping the viewers wouldn't notice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Sorry for hijacking lads but I have questions. I haven’t watched fair city in so long, hope you don’t mind.
    1. Where’s heather?
    2. Are stripey and gripey back together?
    3. Where’s Niamh/Rachel/Ruth?
    4. Whos tommy impregnating now?
    5. What’s up with junior?
    6. What ever happened kTeeee after she was rescued?
    7. Why’s emmet locked up?
    8. Is caoimhe and Damien still together?
    9. Whos Paul with?
    10. Anything I’ve missed

Sorry also where’s Farrah and Ellie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Sorry for hijacking lads but I have questions. I haven’t watched fair city in so long, hope you don’t mind.
    1. Where’s heather?
    2. Are stripey and gripey back together?
    3. Where’s Niamh/Rachel/Ruth?
    4. Whos tommy impregnating now?
    5. What’s up with junior?
    6. What ever happened kTeeee after she was rescued?
    7. Why’s emmet locked up?
    8. Is caoimhe and Damien still together?
    9. Whos Paul with?
    10. Anything I’ve missed

Ill try and answer this:

1. Heather had mild brain damage after falling down some supermarket stairs in January 2017, she was in the soap for a few months afterwards and she slowly got better but then she started a new life back in Brazil with her daughter Ellie but I think shes coming back into it for Renees wedding soon.

2. Eoin and Debbie? No, they remained civil but never got back together. Debbie is back in Scotland working in a hotel and Katy is gone with her I think to start a new life.

3. Rachel left early 2017 because she couldn't take Oisin and Paul defending him all the time so shes working in Barcelona. Niamh fleeced Paul out of his savings after he cheated on her once too often and she left to work in Fiji with Marcus, a guy she was having an affair with whilst fleecing Paul. Ruth still lives with Paul.

4. Junior has a rare disease where he needs bone marrow and they are thinking of asking Tommy to partake in IVF with Orla for a new baby who might be a match. Stupid storyline with zero build up and comical wailing from Orla.

5. Rare disease that will give him cancer and most likely kill him if he doesn't get a donor, cant remember the name of it.

6. She suffered PTSD for a while, living with Charlotte but getting very reclusive, she eventually came out of her shell a bit and started work with a newspaper but now seems to be gone to Scotland with Debbie, its not clear if that's for good or just a fresh change of scenery.

7. Emmet was a pawn used by the evil Dr Oakley, the cult leader, and he helped hold a house full of people hostage which resulted in the deaths of 2 people, hes charged with assisting a criminal and was out on bail, but he had a notion to run away to Thailand with Ciarans sister Tessa (the same Ciaran who kidnapped Katy) but she shopped him in and now hes awaiting trial but we probably wont see him again, just like Dermot vanished without trial!

8. Nope. They clashed once too often about parenting styles and separated but Damien being the psycho he is got jealous of Caoimhe seeing Dean and scuppered his chances of access to Saoirse. He put the nail in the coffin when he kidnapped Saoirse on Christmas Day but they got her back and Caoimhe fled to Germany telling Damien he will never see his daughter again. He had a mental breakdown and lashed out at everyone but sadly didn't leave the soap despite him being a waste of space.

9. He flirted and slept with Jane recently but it didn't mean anything and was just a way for Jane to get at Oisin.

10. Nope. Same old crap- start a storyline and drop it or cram a current event like homelessness into a 4 week slot with no build up or conclusion with the current spate of actors. But its funny so ill keep watching. The only decent actors in the whole show are Oisin and Heather.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

That Scottish accent is like nails down a blackboard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

Ill try and answer this:

1. Heather had mild brain damage after falling down some supermarket stairs in January 2017, she was in the soap for a few months afterwards and she slowly got better but then she started a new life back in Brazil with her daughter Ellie but I think shes coming back into it for Renees wedding soon.

2. Eoin and Debbie? No, they remained civil but never got back together. Debbie is back in Scotland working in a hotel and Katy is gone with her I think to start a new life.

3. Rachel left early 2017 because she couldn't take Oisin and Paul defending him all the time so shes working in Barcelona. Niamh fleeced Paul out of his savings after he cheated on her once too often and she left to work in Fiji with Marcus, a guy she was having an affair with whilst fleecing Paul. Ruth still lives with Paul.

4. Junior has a rare disease where he needs bone marrow and they are thinking of asking Tommy to partake in IVF with Orla for a new baby who might be a match. Stupid storyline with zero build up and comical wailing from Orla.

5. Rare disease that will give him cancer and most likely kill him if he doesn't get a donor, cant remember the name of it.

6. She suffered PTSD for a while, living with Charlotte but getting very reclusive, she eventually came out of her shell a bit and started work with a newspaper but now seems to be gone to Scotland with Debbie, its not clear if that's for good or just a fresh change of scenery.

7. Emmet was a pawn used by the evil Dr Oakley, the cult leader, and he helped hold a house full of people hostage which resulted in the deaths of 2 people, hes charged with assisting a criminal and was out on bail, but he had a notion to run away to Thailand with Ciarans sister Tessa (the same Ciaran who kidnapped Katy) but she shopped him in and now hes awaiting trial but we probably wont see him again, just like Dermot vanished without trial!

8. Nope. They clashed once too often about parenting styles and separated but Damien being the psycho he is got jealous of Caoimhe seeing Dean and scuppered his chances of access to Saoirse. He put the nail in the coffin when he kidnapped Saoirse on Christmas Day but they got her back and Caoimhe fled to Germany telling Damien he will never see his daughter again. He had a mental breakdown and lashed out at everyone but sadly didn't leave the soap despite him being a waste of space.

9. He flirted and slept with Jane recently but it didn't mean anything and was just a way for Jane to get at Oisin.

10. Nope. Same old crap- start a storyline and drop it or cram a current event like homelessness into a 4 week slot with no build up or conclusion with the current spate of actors. But its funny so ill keep watching. The only decent actors in the whole show are Oisin and Heather.
    A few more questions
    Why haven't they named junior yet?
    If the ram and Borela manage to conceive a second time will the baby be called junior 2?

• Advertisement

Why hasn't Bella gone to Australia yet?

Are they trying to market Sunday newspapers?

Why hasn't Bella gone to Australia yet?

Are they trying to market Sunday newspapers?

He'd be lucky to survive a taxi ride home from McCoy's never mind going on a plane to Australia.

A particularly stupid episode tonight.

The newspaper thing was bizarre. As was how Jane didn't immediately scoff at Tommy's odd idea of suing Wayne to be allowed to impregnate his wife via IVF. That'd be some court case.

What? Sue Wayne why??

Thank you for that very comprehensive answer above

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,272 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Patww79 wrote: »

It's Glasgow to be specific. I assume the actor is genuinely from there? His accent is spot on.

• Advertisement

Also what ever became of dermot robbing all Paul’s money

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭LushiousLips

Strazdas wrote: »

It's Glasgow to be specific. I assume the actor is genuinely from there? His accent is spot on.

Yep the actor is really from Glasgow. Big celts fan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Strazdas wrote: »

I don't mean his accent (I know it's genuine) I mean any Scottish accent.

I don't mean his accent (I know it's genuine) I mean any Scottish accent.

Nothing wrong with the Scottish accent at least they aren’t like the vain idiots here with their cultivated false accents.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

I'd be very surprised if Tommy agrees to go along with the IVF option.
    I can just imagine him discussing it with Orla...

"Ah for fcuks sake Orla, don't take any notice of Wayne and Dolores with their ould IVF malarkey. There's nothing wrong with the old tried and trusted method of impregnating a woman. Sure we did it last time, the whole thing was over and done with in about twenty minutes, and didn't the two of us go home happy?Well, I did anyway...
    'In Vitro Fertilisation,' me a*se!
    The best thing is for us to get down and dirty, do the deed, and sure we can just let everyone think that science played its part. And besides, using the IVF method is not always successful. Whereas, on the other hand, my own way of doing the job has never failed .
    Ask anyone around here. I'm not known as "The Stallion" for nothing, y'know! "

If we have learned anything from Junior's latest illness, it is that we need to emulate Orla's unique way of dealing with great sadness.

No. 1) Get yourself down to the hairdresser straight away, and get your hair chopped off in the fashion of a Victorian kitchen maid, so that you look like something the cat dragged in on a winter's night.

No. 2) Using a lump of coarse sandpaper, scrub your face with it 3 times a day, till it's all crunched-up and blotchy . Granted, it doesn't do much for your looks, but it lets people know that you're bothered about something.
    And sure that's the only thing that counts!

No 3) Burst into tears at every opportunity, weeping and wailing until you have everyone's attention, then run off slamming doors, thereby letting them know that you'll never have a day's peace again in your lifetime.

No 4) Finally, call around to Tommy's gaff, and offer him another go at the ould "hide the sausage" trick.
    After all, it worked well the last time......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

Kelly McDonald from Trainspotting and Boardwalk Empire has a lovely Scottish accent whatever part of Scotland she's from :)

The Scottish lad in FC has a great accent but I love their accent anyway in general

To the best of my knowledge
    Heather and Ellie return within the next week or so!

Just curious who was named the father on Juniors birth certificate? Just trying to figure out what kind of rights Tommy has?

Kelly McDonald from Trainspotting and Boardwalk Empire has a lovely Scottish accent whatever part of Scotland she's from :)

The Scottish lad in FC has a great accent but I love their accent anyway in general

I think people from around Edinburgh have a really nice Scottish accent.

Dakota Dan wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with the Scottish accent at least they aren’t like the vain idiots here with their cultivated false accents.

What are they fake accents? The only one I can think of is the D4 American one?

• Advertisement

Wayne is actually a f*ckin prick, he has no right to be telling Tommy he can never tell the child he is his father, sorry when the child is 18 he has every right to know who his biological father.

Wayne would want to start talking to Tommy in some sort of civilized manner, he’s constantly threatening him and making nasty comments at him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,871 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Also what ever became of dermot robbing all Paul’s money

Dermot is in prison because of Niamh's plan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Dermot is in prison because of Niamh's plan

And Niamh is in Dubai because of Niamh's plan.

Great plan, in fairness.

Was it established if Orla and Tommy hooked up again the night Karen died?

Was it established if Orla and Tommy hooked up again the night Karen died?

I think they just chatted!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,233 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Heather be great back for the wedding.

"Does anyone know of any reason why these two can't be joined in Holy Matrim*BOB LOVES LESBIANS*"

Is Eoghan's mam Rose still in Galway or away in a home?

They said Galway last!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

To be fair that was written in abruptly given the actor lost her husband. Probably dont want to write her out altogether to leave the door open which is fair

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

Shop in Aldi/Lidl if you want a new couch not expensive Spar :)

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Defaulter1831

The actress who plays Sharon is very like the young girl in the film The General (1998) who was abused by her father (Sean McGinley).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

'We just don't have the cash this year '....says Sharon .....Whilst doing a full shop in the local spar. Hasn't she ever heard of Aldi.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Defaulter1831

Just looked it up Sharon, Neilli Conroy, was Maeve in the General. She was in the Family, Roddy Doyle, 1994. Looks like she’s only late 30s. And Hayley’s mam!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭jos28

Yep Sharon comes from an acting family. Her Dad is Brendan Conroy
    http://www.brendanconroyactor.com/biog/

Her brother has a huge body of work including being Tito in Into the West

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0175860/

'We just don't have the cash this year '....says Sharon .....Whilst doing a full shop in the local spar. Hasn't she ever heard of Aldi.

Even Tesco or Dunnes would do!

• Advertisement

The Collins sofa also looks fairly good!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

It actually took 2 fully grown adult men to spray about 6 stencils on the hair salon windows. Hahahaaaaa.

Sash finds a package in Decco's house and immediately goes on the offensive, and Decco, a courier, can't think of a plausible excuse..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

Sparko wrote:
    Sash finds a package in Decco's house and immediately goes on the offensive, and Decco, a courier, can't think of a plausible excuse..

Lololol

I'm getting a vibe off Darragh towards Doug!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement