Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v9] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Flowergirl201

Yea Wayne needs to put orla in her place, really horrible to him over nothing. She should be putting her time and energy into her sick boy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

Sparko wrote: »
    That was horrible what Orla said to Wayne. He should have dumped her years ago.

Yeah, talk about twisting the knife!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

I wonder is Fiona pregnant?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Softkitty91

happyday wrote: »
    Yeah, talk about twisting the knife!

Wayne can be a pain at times but orala treats the poor man like crap half the time
    He can't open his mouth without her having a go
    Plus he seems to be always at the hopstial visiting Junior while orla is to busy harassing
    Sash yes I understand Orla is Olivia Bio mum but she her and sash made agreement
    I wouldn't surprised if sash leaves with doroles helping her

Yea Wayne needs to put orla in her place, really horrible to him over nothing. She should be putting her time and energy into her sick boy
    Wayne needa to remind her not many men would treat another man's child as their own
    Orla is ungrateful and Dorles needs to slap her and remind her that that she has a child in hospital and stop harrasing and pushing Sash
    Orla is acting like poor me Sash is on a power trip
    Sash was willing to let Orla be in Oliva's life but she over the steeped the mark

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,023 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When I heard Mary Lou on the news tonight for some reason she sounded like Jer!

Orla and Wayne

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,998 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

By Barry :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Naggdefy

Paul has a good track record ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

If the baby's his, it will be his fifth child

branie2 wrote: »
    If the baby's his, it will be his fifth child

By 5 different women. Helen, Nicola, Jane, Yvonne and maybe Fiona.

5 children, not so unusual, by 5 different women would be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

So Mondos young wan Juliet/Juliette rocks up out of blue; that wasn't even suggested in any recent episode & he goes off an injures himself on some work trip I guess?

Like no mention of school tomorrow (Monday), this s**t is just accepted by FC writers; no sense of continuity; it'd be different if this was Mid Terms for example; at least a trip home'd stack up.

Yer man clearly has his eyes set on eye-brows herself though & yes, Orla was a wagon with what she said to Wayne.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

Juliet still has the spud in her gob. The look of delight on Orlas fat face when she upset Wayne was disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭mojonta

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    So Mondos young wan Juliet/Juliette rocks up out of blue; that wasn't even suggested in any recent episode & he goes off an injures himself on some work trip I guess?

Does she ever have any scenes with Cass. He is her great grandfather after all.

mojonta wrote: »
    Does she ever have any scenes with Cass. He is her great grandfather after all.

And what about sean, he is her uncle

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

Eyebrows says "I was always the one sneaking out when my parents were asleep"

What BS the character was the type to study and be in bed by 9 good two shoes!

And Bela, her grandfather

Sorry my mistake, Bela is Ruth's grandfather :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

That’s Dervla #1
    Remember Laura #1 the whiny goth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,145 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

I wonder how many times she bumped into Daddy and they both sneaking back in after sneaking out :-)

• Advertisement

That’s Dervla #1
    Remember Laura #1 the whiny goth

It's something that's really being getting on my nerves to be honest with FC lately. I can get over boring storylines and boring characters but they are just taking the utter piss with character and storyline consistency and it's insulting how lazy and incompetent they are given its tax payer money that funds them

If they want a character but make a few changes it's easy. Like all they had to do was make a few quips "God I was such a goody two shoes but let loose when I was in Canada" etc it's not that hard

Look at Bob too recently, wasn't it alluded he had a relationship with Sarah's mam in Carraigstown despite never being there at the same time?

It's boiling my piss at this stage :pac:

Uncle Sean who is off dancing didn't even recognise her getting into The Station

Tuesday 28th January
    Alex is thrilled when his plan gets the go-ahead, Yates keeps Ger's secret, Sash is tempted to change her plans, and Barry is trapped by both Fiona and Paul's threats.
    Wednesday 29th
    Alex tries to impress Dearbhla and sets himself up for a fall. Meanwhile, Sash and Decco clash, and Paul gets nervous as Fiona notices Barry's unusual behaviour.
    Thursday 30th
    Paul stuns Fiona with a nasty surprise, Sash questions whether to move to Spain and Hayley steps comfortably into Ger's shoes, much to the concern of Yates and Sharon.
    Sunday February 2nd
    A bitter Paul realises he cannot set the law on Barry without incriminating himself. Meanwhile, Mondo, Juliet and Alex welcome Melanie home.
    Tuesday 4th
    Paul blames Fiona when Ruth goes missing. Melanie's romantic plans are ruined, Sharon schemes to get Hayley and Yates back together, and Hughie and Pete set themselves a challenge.

Also note there is no Fair City on Sunday the 9th of February due to general election coverage.
    However they'll be an hour long special on Tuesday the 11th!

tototoe wrote: »
    Ditto paul fiona barry

Ger and the cop is about the best storyline at the moment, beef wellington and all

Yates and Ger have good chemistry, way more than him and Hayley

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭LordBasil

Melanie's back

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

It's really bad form that us the viewers have a better memory when it come to characters history than the scriptwriters and storyliners. Surely someone has to proof read the script before it goes out

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

LordBasil wrote: »
    Melanie's back

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Who is melanie .

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭LordBasil

Who is melanie .

Alex's Mother, Mondo's Ex, General pain in the Ass.

Gets offended by pretty much everything and when people try to help her she constantly throws it back in their faces and claims she's not a charity case.

Also note there is no Fair City on Sunday the 9th of February due to general election coverage.
    However they'll be an hour long special on Tuesday the 11th!

What candidates are running in Carrigstown :p

LordBasil wrote: »
    Alex's Mother, Mondo's Ex, General pain in the Ass.

Gets offended by pretty much everything and when people try to help her she constantly throws it back in their faces and claims she's not a charity case.

You are only picking on her cause shes from Armenia 😂😂

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Dermot Fahy is back and running for 'The Party' ;)

It has to remain nameless..

Denzo is getting released

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭mojonta

Denzo is getting released

I hope he and Barry team up again to kill
    a returning Melanie

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Niall_76

Who is melanie .

Kind of defeats the purpose of spoilers being hidden

Alex and Derbhla...

Poor Alex, he has it bad.

Yates and Ger look more like a couple than him and Hayley.

He's way to old for her. And it's not Glenda Gilsen with Johnny Ronan, the later is loaded in comparison to Yates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

Naggdefy wrote:
    Alex and Derbhla...

Naggdefy wrote:
    Poor Alex, he has it bad.

Yes how old is she meant to be? Wasn't she seeing Dean who must be about 40?
    Naggdefy wrote:

Think they're defo going to get together to Hayley's horror

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Sparko

Naggdefy wrote: »

He's way to old for her. And it's not Glenda Gilsen with Johnny Ronan, the later is loaded in comparison to Yates.

I thought she was maybe having a bit of a spark with Dean too.

Sparko wrote: »
    I thought she was maybe having a bit of a spark with Dean too.

Yea I thought there was a bit of flirting with those 2 as well

• Advertisement

Ray - Communist Party
    Paul - Fine Gael
    Cas - People Before Profit
    Bob Charles - Independent

:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I think Dearbla and Dean are friends with benefits.

Dolorus is running for Labour.
    Ger is running for Sinn Fein.
    Paul is running for Fine Gael.
    Fiona is running for Fine Fail.
    Harmony is running for the Greens.
    Cas is joining the Healy-Raes.

Cash_Q wrote: »
    Yes how old is she meant to be? Wasn't she seeing Dean who must be about 40?

Think they're defo going to get together to Hayley's horror

Dervla was doing the leaving in a 2011 episode on YouTube. So if 18 then around 27 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭threetrees

Ruth: (in reference to Fiona telling her where her nature project book is). "Thanks, Miss Lynch woulda killin' me". I thought that was hillarious!

Anyway it's all CSPE and SPHE, biology and wellbeing, and not nature study anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

Naggdefy wrote:
    Dervla was doing the leaving in a 2011 episode on YouTube. So if 18 then around 27 now.

And Alex is about 17? Nonsense

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

So Junior's in hospital. Now in previous scenes he was filmed in a bed etc.; Will was there & most of the recent hospital scenes've been shown.

RTE cutbacks put paid to that part of the set?

Cos very strange we're not being shown Wayne/Orla & Junior.

Also how long does stem cell treatment take or is this duration normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭threetrees

I think the actor who plays junior is probably rostered off at the moment, he's been in it a fair bit up to the hospital part.

Ger and the guard, something's brewing there and Hayley won't be happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Is Juliet's voice dubbed...never looks like her mouth matches the words...reminds me of a Bruce Lee movie.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Sparko

threetrees wrote: »
    I think the actor who plays junior is probably rostered off at the moment, he's been in it a fair bit up to the hospital part.

Ger and the guard, something's brewing there and Hayley won't be happy.

The rostering choices are so bizarre. I've mentioned how Tommy has barely been involved in the Olivia storyline so far. But Dearbhla is on screen, and despite being obsessed with Junior when she found out about him, hasn't had one scene with Sash or Olivia or any sort of reaction to it. Nor has she asked about Junior. So has Tommy scarpered off to Kilkenny and not told Dearbhla anything? Instead she's hanging around with a teenager.

Then Juliet randomly reappears, as randomly as she disappeared last year, yet Mondo is offscreen.

There's a definite disconnect between the story writing and the availability of the relevant actors, just like when Caoimhe returned after a few years away and didn't share any scenes with her family before she left again (as far as I remember).

mojonta wrote: »
    I hope he and Barry team up again to kill
    a returning Melanie

Melanie will probably get with Denzo or Decco

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement