Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v9] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Well that was.........cringey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭tototoe

The dumb movie story seems to have been replaced with alex, juliette and the band /crush thing.

The continuity of storylines is just brrutal, although im happy to see the back of the movie stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,677 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

This Alex crushing on Dearbhla story is pure muck, the writers must have run out of ideas on how to fill in the half hour tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Did the booked band just not show up? If so, FLAKEY!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Juliet talks like she's in an audition. Dreadful acting altogether.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

9 years for assisting the hiding of a body? In Ireland? Some joke, you could kill 10 people in that time and the absolute most you would get is 2 years, and even that would be suspended. The script writers want us to believe that in a country where serial burglars and criminals with a record longer than the Nile walk free every day, that a young lad roped in by an older man would actually serve NINE YEARS. Wow.

9 years for assisting the hiding of a body? In Ireland? Some joke, you could kill 10 people in that time and the absolute most you would get is 2 years, and even that would be suspended. The script writers want us to believe that in a country where serial burglars and criminals with a record longer than the Nile walk free every day, that a young lad roped in by an older man would actually serve NINE YEARS. Wow.
    I don't think he actually served 9 years though. Wasn't he on the run for a while? I think he eventually handed himself in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,624 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

tototoe wrote: »
    The dumb movie story seems to have been replaced with alex, juliette and the band /crush thing.

The continuity of storylines is just brrutal, although im happy to see the back of the movie stuff

Was Alex off in Armenia for the climax ending of the Ciaran storyline?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Orla will go medieval on Dolly when she finds out she missed Olivia's sleepover

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Can someone remind me, what were the hurtful things Orla said to Wayne last week?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭threetrees

Can someone remind me, what were the hurtful things Orla said to Wayne last week?
    That neither junior nor Olivia are his flesh and blood, that he had no part in creating Olivia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

How did a under 18 year old get a alcohal license???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Orla will go medieval on Dolly when she finds out she missed Olivia's sleepover

Poor Samantha left upstairs on her own with Aunty Sash gone on the sleepover, and Uncle Denzo, Da and a couple of random strangers on a session downstairs....won't end well.

Mena Mitty wrote: »
    Poor Samantha left upstairs on her own with Aunty Sash gone on the sleepover, and Uncle Denzo, Da and a couple of random strangers on a session downstairs....won't end well.

Did they even mention Samantha? Was only half watching.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Did they even mention Samantha? Was only half watching.

Yes before Sash left for the walk with Olivia, Decco said Sam was fast asleep.

Very strange that Sash would go into Dolly's house and then agree to stay over not giving a thought to Sam.

Mena Mitty wrote: »
    Yes before Sash left for the walk with Olivia, Decco said Sam was fast asleep.

Very strange that Sash would go into Dolly's house and then agree to stay over not giving a thought to Sam.

Yeah I would have thought she'd have considered Sam too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Ger and the detective def going to have an Affair.

She looked very disappointed when he said he couldn’t go to the show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

Sparko wrote: »
    There's a definite disconnect between the story writing and the availability of the relevant actors, just like when Caoimhe returned after a few years away and didn't share any scenes with her family before she left again (as far as I remember).

It's not just the character roster I think the writers are on a rotating roster too. There was an old breakdown of what fair city spends and they had waaaay too many writers to not be rostered too

It has to be the main reason that character and plot lines are forgotten, contradicted and in some cases completely retconned.

They can be bad but I refuse to believe if the same writers were there full-time it could be this bad it just can't

It has to be some kinds of classic RTE carry on that by constantly rotating staff on short term contracts they can't get caught for redundancies and other employment protections a full time staff member would get

The actors they can just about get away with constantly brining them back with short term contracts but it's disgusting doing it to actual staff that should be permanent

It isn't right what they are doing and I realize I'm getting just like Ray, "up da workurs!" :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Naggdefy

Wayne and Sash?! :)

• Advertisement

Anytime I hear Decco threatening to use force I laugh.

He told Denzo that he'd throw out all Denzo's 'mates' himself in yesterday's episode. Decco is about 5ft 3in. He's like a little koala bear with a beard.

Naggdefy wrote: »

In fairness she'd treat him right as she's a nice girl.

Ya she'd give him a slap across the head when he's an eejit but she would treat decent unlike that yoke Orla

Jesus Barry :eek:

I haven't been this shocked with a twist since the end of the usual suspects

• Registered Users Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭testtech05

How was Barry able to withdraw money from both accounts? (I'm a casual viewer at best so go easy on me haha)

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Flowergirl201

How many more times is paul gonna have all his money stolen????

How many more times is paul gonna have all his money stolen????
    And how many more times is he going to bounce back? They will probably have him winning the lotto next.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,854 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

testtech05 wrote: »
    How was Barry able to withdraw money from both accounts? (I'm a casual viewer at best so go easy on me haha)

Wasnt it like €500,000 or even more Wayne stole of Splprus a few years ago at the click of a button.

Wasnt it like €500,000 or even more Wayne stole of Splprus a few years ago at the click of a button.

Much more, over €900,000.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Juliet is the worst actor I've ever seen.
    Every time I see Ger, I say to myself "Georgie Bleeeeedin Burgess"

Lucky barsteward.....:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

testtech05 wrote: »

Shur that's nothing. Wayne's friend was able to transfer almost a million euro from Dolores's account by just pressing enter.

My apologies to any Barry fans, but I hope he's gone for good and that Fiona follows him. Probably one of the most boring stories in FC history.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,206 ✭✭✭jos28

Orla and Sash ? :eek:

Shur that's nothing. Wayne's friend was able to transfer almost a million euro from Dolores's account by just pressing enter.

My apologies to any Barry fans, but I hope he's gone for good and that Fiona follows him. Probably one of the most boring stories in FC history.

Agree with you on Fiona, I find her incredibly wooden to watch. She glides around dressed like she’s going to a corporate meeting or a fashion show, first thing in the morning , last thing at night. No such thing as kicking off the heels when she comes into the house, or ditching the formal blouses and straight skirt for a tracksuit or comfy pair of PJs, after a full day in them , it’s a bit unrealistic !

Her delivery of lines and her expressions are also unrealistic. Posh accent , nose in the air, disdainful expressions. Hard to know if she is like this in person ........or just overacting the part.

Agree with you on Fiona, I find her incredibly wooden to watch. She glides around dressed like she’s going to a corporate meeting or a fashion show, first thing in the morning , last thing at night. No such thing as kicking off the heels when she comes into the house, or ditching the formal blouses and straight skirt for a tracksuit or comfy pair of PJs, after a full day in them , it’s a bit unrealistic !

She's a lady...remember those..??..they died out in the 90's.....not a skanger who thinks dressing up is putting on a new tracksuit and olympic ear-rings...:)

I was expecting her to leave the pub and get into a taxi....with Barry....:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,624 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I don't think he actually served 9 years though. Wasn't he on the run for a while? I think he eventually handed himself in.

Was he caught around Decco's wedding?

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Flowergirl201

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Was he caught around Decco's wedding?

Yea I thought he was hiding out in Spain and came home for the wedding and got caught then

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Niall_76

Was funny how Barry was sauntering around the community centre, not a bother on him, across the road from the person he had stolen from.

Paul didn’t get the text notification that his account was cleared out? Terrible customer service I’d get into that bank if I was him, haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

She's a lady...remember those..??..they died out in the 90's.....not a skanger who thinks dressing up is putting on a new tracksuit and olympic ear-rings...:)

Sorry she is no lady. She’s a stuck up cow.

Well I’d like to think I’m a lady too....but when I come from my good full time job I definitely take off my corporate gear ! It’s into leggings or a tracksuit bottom and out for a run before chilling........ in front of Fair City :)

Who on earth walks around the house in the evening , after a long day at work (does Fiona work ?) , in their high heels and straight leather skirt? Fiona always looks like a visitor to the house, rather than someone who lives there !

Niamh used to do the same thing. She was always tottering around the house in high heels, office skirts or dresses. It was mentioned regularly in earlier threads about her lack of casual gear. Paul must love the 'take a letter Miss Jones' vibe.

Where the hell was Fiona going everyday, she didn't seem to have a job. All dressed up and no work to go to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,859 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Where is Will?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭Sparko

whelan2 wrote: »
    Where is Will?

Maybe he went straight to jail without a trial like Dermot and Aoife.

Where is Will?

Jail I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,854 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Where is Will?

He's in jail with Dermot and they are sharing a cell.
    They will return as a couple in a few months.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 75 ✭✭Fccwontletmebe

He's in jail with Dermot and they are sharing a cell.
    They will return as a couple in a few months.

I think Dermot left Barry for Will and that’s why Barrys Walking around like he’s sucking nettles the whole time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

I think Barry is going to give the money to the community center fund.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

And Paul will fight to get it back

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 75 ✭✭Fccwontletmebe

When is their movie been released?

I think Barry is going to give the money to the community center fund.

I thought that too, especially when they showed the photo of Charlie and Mags.
    Maybe he'll throw a few bob Denzo's way too. That would really make Paul's blood boil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Has anyone any idea how much money he stole altogether? I’m lost!

• Advertisement

I'm getting jaded with Barry and his morals. I want him to go full b@stard and just steal the money. And leave. Leave for good.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement