Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v9] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭threetrees

Mondo needs someone like Melanie to give him a kick up the backside, they could be good together.

Hughie only had blood pressure and a few initial tests done, surely his bloods etc haven't been analysed yet. There's definitely a health scare for someone brewing.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 lexi-lexi

Slightly off topic but one of our ewes had a ram lamb a few weeks ago and we named him 'Tommy Dillion' and we spend all our time awkwardly explaining the meaning behind it. I stand there saying "look it's an in joke on a fair city forum on boards " and people just look at me blankly.Should have maybe called him buttercup or something it would have been easier to explain anyway !

Back to fair city anyway yes definitely agree that they are building up to a big health scare for someone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,323 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    Tuesday night; Melanie takes a call from Mother of someone she initially seems to pronounce as Erin (girls name); later in episode she corrects herself to Aaron.

Neither've ever actually met; think Aarons parents've only ever been alluded to; not on screen.

As for Fionas lad (!) this evening; he's been in & out but clearly she's a honey trap type I guess?

I think that's the first time we've heard Fiona is a professional con artist. It was alluded to the last time the J bloke was around, but it seems she has been scamming people for a living.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,743 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Melanie is living an extremely sheltered life if she thinks some teenager who jumps off a table with a few drinks in him will "ruin his future and job prospects", who on earth comes up with this total sh!t? A hundred times worse goes on and is filmed every single day up and down the country in broad daylight, shes making some massive deal out of this total non-issue. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Johnny Sausage

Melanie is living an extremely sheltered life if she thinks some teenager who jumps off a table with a few drinks in him will "ruin his future and job prospects", who on earth comes up with this total sh!t? A hundred times worse goes on and is filmed every single day up and down the country in broad daylight, shes making some massive deal out of this total non-issue. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

How dare you say that about her

You've just offended her!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Maybe she just wants to be a better parent than those morons parents who don't care what their kids get up to...just sayin...:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,743 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Maybe she just wants to be a better parent than those morons parents who don't care what their kids get up to...just sayin...:o

But he didnt get up to anything. A few drinks trying to impress a girl thats totally normal. If thats the worst thing he does he will be a saint!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,022 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Stop being racist about Armenian culture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Sparko

Of course Fiona would have all her secret meetings with that bloke in the local where everyone she knows pops into every few minutes, and is owned and run by the woman who just minutes before told her she was suspicious of her.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭tototoe

Were we all supposed to find the ray and Huey stuff hilarious...?

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Flowergirl201

Run Mondo, run
    Melanie will never be happy, she will always be offended by anything and everything that you say and do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

Can you imagine poor Mondo being in bed with Moaning Mel. Shur he'd be afraid to touch her for fear of her attacking.

She is one super sensitive pain in the ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭KM792

Couple of Q's from tonight's episode...
    What do you reckon the age gap is between yeats and Hailey...I reckon she's about 32 and he is 62.

Who carries their groceries in brown paper bags like Laura....this isn't NYC...

I still can't get used to Paul being a glorified waiter in Vino's,it does not suit him to be behind that counter at all...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

KM792 wrote: »
    Couple of Q's from tonight's episode...
    What do you reckon the age gap is between yeats and Hailey...I reckon she's about 32 and he is 62.

Who carries their groceries in brown paper bags like Laura....this isn't NYC...

I still can't get used to Paul being a glorified waiter in Vino's,it does not suit him to be behind that counter at all...

Why is this ****e still on TV ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,998 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Sharon and Steve, future affair?

Why is Hayley a moany Mary, pregnant?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

The fock does Mondos young wan get away with not going to school?

Surely the welfare authorites in UK or Ireland'd be asking questions like? Or have I just given 'em their next storyline?

Also do RTE stretch to providing on site tuition to the child actors or would that blow the budget?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

JP Liz V1 wrote:
    Why is Hayley a moany Mary, pregnant?

She's always been cranky and miserable, I find it unsettling when she smiles, it's so fake.

Don't know if I've asked this before or not, but when did her and Yates get back together? Weren't they split up for ages? Or did I imagine that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

Shes supposed to be a character the viewers sympathetic towards, a real "get up and go character" who is the antithesis of a scrounger who relies on others. The writers did a great job of making her likeable ha!

Very odd that for such a smart sassy woman she still has to chase Hughie for "a few hours in the launderette", country is at full employment ffs.

Its just dire writing really

The fock does Mondos young wan get away with not going to school?

Surely the welfare authorites in UK or Ireland'd be asking questions like? Or have I just given 'em their next storyline?

Also do RTE stretch to providing on site tuition to the child actors or would that blow the budget?

I found once you get to 16. They don't really seem to care anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭jos28

Blanco100 wrote: »
    Shes supposed to be a character the viewers sympathetic towards, a real "get up and go character" who is the antithesis of a scrounger who relies on others. The writers did a great job of making her likeable ha!

Very odd that for such a smart sassy woman she still has to chase Hughie for "a few hours in the launderette", country is at full employment ffs.

Its just dire writing really

Good point, we have virtually full employment, she's a qualified PR person and she's scrounging hours in a laundrette :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Fiolina

If Juliette was going on about Mammy and the boyfriends who don't stick around, does that mean she's going to become a permenant fixture I wonder :rolleyes:

I was wondering if Jane's mother was going to make an appearance, shes has been talking about her a fair bit saying how terrible she was

I was wondering if Jane's mother was going to make an appearance, shes has been talking about her a fair bit saying how terrible she was

She arrives in Carrigstown a d Tommy relies he was with her a few years ago!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,998 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Has the Bishops gone to Spain?

Haha just read an article about stripey (debbie) on the Maura and daithi show during the week. she was saying that plenty of times her storylines didn't make sense but she just went with it.
    So really the actors know the story lines arent great but just do it anyway. Gas

No FC tonight; GE 2020 means a 1 hour show on Tuesday instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,323 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Haha just read an article about stripey (debbie) on the Maura and daithi show during the week. she was saying that plenty of times her storylines didn't make sense but she just went with it.
    So really the actors know the story lines arent great but just do it anyway. Gas

She said she felt Debbie was being forced to act out of character sometimes and she didn't feel comfortable with this.

Tuesday 11th(Hour long episode)
    Sash wants the Molloys and Bishops to get on, Mondo and Melanie struggle to make time for one another, and Wayne becomes suspicious of Dean and Dearbhla's relationship.
    Wednesday 12th
    Mondo comes clean to Juliet about his romance with Melanie. Meanwhile, Dean loses face after Wayne sets him up on a raunchy dating app.
    Thursday 13th
    Dean and Dearbhla agree to remain friends without the benefits. Sash realises she is not alone, Mondo and Melanie accidentally share a kiss and Paul gets a shock about Barry.
    Sunday 16th
    Paul's determination to outsmart Barry backfires, as Renee worries Ellie is contacting strangers online. A desperate Lee finds luck is running out, while Erica panics that Sharon will discover her stash of wedding gear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

So really the actors know the story lines arent great but just do it anyway. Euro in the bank

Fixed that for ye....:p

• Advertisement

Sash has the hair extensions back in tonight, was only thinking last week her hair was nice at shoulder length.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

How is the Bishop guy, who was on the run, now back and walking around?

mloc123 wrote: »
    How is the Bishop guy, who was on the run, now back and walking around?

He was in jail and was recently released.

Who's that Cian lad?

I think I know him from somewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,716 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

As if in real life Derbhla would just give her number to some fella who came up to buy chips.

Would be great if it was that easy to get the leg over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,245 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Is Sash in love with Orla?

One episode she wants Orla away from her and the baby. The next shes bending over backwards to make Orla happy and evicting Denzo so Orla can get to the baby.

Who's that Cian lad?

Same here.

Please send Denzo back to Spain and Sash and Decco with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,245 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Sash blabbing to her BFF yields expected results.

Doses.

• Advertisement

Carol getting hysterical about Paul's dilemma is odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

WHY, WHY, WHY, WHY
    we pay €160 a year to pay for this ****e

Sparko wrote: »
    Carol getting hysterical about Paul's dilemma is odd.

She's more worried about Ruth than she is about Jack!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭mojonta

Who's that Cian lad?

Is he the same fella who was Juliets tutor maybe 2 or 3 years ago who she became fixated with.

003_1dba5d08b9fce004f28a07829ffe1d80b8891de4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭mojonta

Did enjoy Rose telling Cass about Michael and Niamh and describing Paul as an awful eejit while he was sat beside her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭leche solara

mojonta wrote: »
    Is he the same fella who was Juliets tutor maybe 2 or 3 years ago who she became fixated with.

003_1dba5d08b9fce004f28a07829ffe1d80b8891de4.jpg

It's him alright

• Advertisement

Same here.

So let me guess; Juliet/te is expected to see him stepping out with Dearbhla but, despite it being same actor, isn't expected to recognise him.....?

Apols in advance if this isn't how it pans out; will be watching later.

So let me guess; Juliet/te is expected to see him stepping out with Dearbhla but, despite it being same actor, isn't expected to recognise him.....?

Apols in advance if this isn't how it pans out; will be watching later.

Seems to be the same character, after a bit of googling I discovered the tutor was called Cian too.

How'd the Cian/Juliette storyline end up?

Yes I know it was a teenage crush but like did FC just write him out before Mondo bashed him or the pesky cops got to him?

Hope FC don't ignore that particular elephant in the room when their paths do cross; hope.....

In real life the actress herself is 19; I wonder in real life does she also over fricking act and over ******* enunciate every flipping word?

Loving Denzos character but they could write better for him.

Pity we didn't see what was in the letter; the brief time camera panned in wasn't sufficient.

As for Pauls cornering of Rose, for non-dementia people & those that're in the field and care for them, it might help educate some about memory recovery or lack thereof & that pressing someone repeatedly is pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

whar in the name of Jehovah is orla wearing??? i have literally never seen a more horrific jumper. whoever designed it needs to be sectioned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,801 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

whar in the name of Jehovah is orla wearing??? i have literally never seen a more horrific jumper. whoever designed it needs to be sectioned.

Horrendous

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement