Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v9] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,206 ✭✭✭jos28

I can't bear to listen to Juliette anymore. How are we supposed to believe that she has spent the past 15 years living in the Uk when she has such a dreadful faux American accent. Talk about miscasting :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,620 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Sparko wrote: »
    Carol getting hysterical about Paul's dilemma is odd.

Also Sash choosing to stay for the Molloys :rolleyes:

Is Deco and Denzo gone for good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Icsics

What are they doing to Orla, hair, clothes , no makeup everything wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

Icsics wrote: »
    What are they doing to Orla, hair, clothes , no makeup everything wrong

She’s heading towards the rubber room!

jos28 wrote: »
    I can't bear to listen to Juliette anymore. How are we supposed to believe that she has spent the past 15 years living in the Uk when she has such a dreadful faux American accent. Talk about miscasting :mad:

Plus she looks Mondo's age

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

So finally with the young lad doing the Mocks it's revealed Juliette did the Leaving last year; from my memory I thought they were same age, in same year?

As for Decco & Denzo leaving those scenes were good in fairness; think FC will miss Decco for sure; perhaps his storylines'd simply come to an end though?

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭LordBasil

Loved Denzo reminding 'Little Miss Perfect' Orla about her shoplifting past :D

I think Decco's storylines have dried up, no Kerrie-Anne, no Charlotte. He could come back again though but we'll see...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭Sparko

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    So finally with the young lad doing the Mocks it's revealed Juliette did the Leaving last year; from my memory I thought they were same age, in same year?

I'm almost sure they made no reference to her doing her leaving cert at the time, like you I assumed she was in Alex's year.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Hatshepsut

At this rate Carol should just move in with Paul, she's glued to him fulltime these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,676 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Mairead is looking fine this evening.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Jesus christ this is cringey ****e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,854 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Mairead is looking fine this evening.

They all got glamed up fairly fast and abandoned the kids also!

Except for Dean and Caoimhe who after the drama all week have just gone back to being shag buddies which is what they were at the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Flowergirl201

Right I'm calling it now, Carol is going to be the next mrs brennan

Right I'm calling it now, Carol is going to be the next mrs brennan

Jesus just imagine the scowling and the snarling.

Hatshepsut wrote: »
    At this rate Carol should just move in with Paul, she's glued to him fulltime these days.

Yeah and how many times has she visited him up to now :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Terrible editing....one minute Paul's screaming abuse, next he's beside Melanie drinking champers. ..:rolleyes:

Except for Dean and Caoimhe who after the drama all week have just gone back to being shag buddies which is what they were at the start.

You mean Dearbhla (Eyebrows)

We don't know where Caoimhe took off to with Saoirse thinking Damo was hitting Will

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭tototoe

Seriously, the townies?
    Wtaf?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭threetrees

Paul and Carol. I thought Paul was going to let an unexpected word slip.

Carol: you have to tell Ruth the truth (the rhyming was a bit silly and odd)

Paul; what? That Fiona is a lying thieving c**t... con artist.

Phew, con artist, not c**t. He meant the latter though didn't he?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭tototoe

It's not that long since Paul was ripped off by Niamh. If he got 30k back and that was only a bit of his money, where did all the cash come from? Vino's has seats for about 10 people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

threetrees wrote: »
    Paul and Carol. I thought Paul was going to let an unexpected word slip.

Carol: you have to tell Ruth the truth (the rhyming was a bit silly and odd)

Paul; what? That Fiona is a lying thieving c**t... con artist.

Phew, con artist, not c**t. He meant the latter though didn't he?

We all know its Paul that has always been a cant...........(aussie accent)..:p

tototoe wrote: »
    It's not that long since Paul was ripped off by Niamh. If he got 30k back and that was only a bit of his money, where did all the cash come from? Vino's has seats for about 10 people.

And surely he couldn't be so stupid to give someone else unrestricted access to his money after what happened with Niamh and Dermot. Fine have Barry as your accountant if you want, but do what most businesses do and put user limits on how much money someone can transfer every day/make sure all payments out need to be authorised by Paul.

Has Caddle moved into Paul's :rolleyes:

Where the heck has Ellie been since last summer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

jos28 wrote: »
    Has Caddle moved into Paul's :rolleyes:

There'll be riding there soon no doubt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Naggdefy

Do us all a favour Bob and dispose of Ellie in the Wicklow mountains.

So Erica called Doug in a panic for help and had no space at the flat to store 5 boxes!?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Naggdefy wrote: »
    Do us all a favour Bob and dispose of Ellie in the Wicklow mountains.

I love ellie.

I love ellie.

I've gathered that over the years DK! We'll agree to differ :)

She's a good actress. But her character annoys me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Naggdefy wrote: »
    I've gathered that over the years DK! We'll agree to differ :)

She's a good actress. But her character annoys me.

It's from a few christmases ago when her physco mother tried to kill her.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Flowergirl201

Studying in her room

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Why do they keep saying ellie was sitting in the hungry pig when Paul said Bob robbed Charlotte Bishop? Or was she..?

Why do they keep saying ellie was sitting in the hungry pig when Paul said Bob robbed Charlotte Bishop? Or was she..?

She was sitting right behind Paul. Renee was talking to her about her online friends as he walked in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Looks like Ellie's apperence is going to lead a grooming or bullying storyline.. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭feelthepower

Looking forward to see if Wayne finds the boxes and the arch and his reaction :eek::eek:

Contender for worst sub-plot of the year? Why do i watch this nonsense :confused::confused:

Remind me; how'd they write Charlie out?

Had forgotten Hughie'd moved back in with Bob & Renee....

As for Ellie; her reappearance is an odd one for sure but it is Mid-Terms and they need the child & teenage actors to put a shift in; chances are these scenes were filmed over Christmas & New Year though?

Remind me; how'd they write Charlie out?

Had forgotten Hughie'd moved back in with Bob & Renee....

As for Ellie; her reappearance is an odd one for sure but it is Mid-Terms and they need the child & teenage actors to put a shift in; chances are these scenes were filmed over Christmas & New Year though?

I think he had a heart attack in Canada.

Bob was concerned that Ellie heard Paul saying he stole Charlottes cancer money, he better hope nobody mentions the fact that he let a man bleed to death on the floor and ran off with the €200,000 which he used to buy the Hungry Pig or she will be really annoyed with him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 80 ✭✭KevW24601

Bob was concerned that Ellie heard Paul saying he stole Charlottes cancer money, he better hope nobody mentions the fact that he let a man bleed to death on the floor and ran off with the €200,000 which he used to buy the Hungry Pig or she will be really annoyed with him.

Renee will really be super over-enunciating her consonants then...

• Advertisement

I completely missed that storyline......means nothing to me, no recollection. :(

I completely missed that storyline......means nothing to me, no recollection. :(

Turlough

Looks like Ellie's apperence is going to lead a grooming or bullying storyline.. :rolleyes:

Perhaps, but I'd prefer if it's a bullying story where Ellie is the bully. We'll see!

When did she return from Gaeltacht?

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Renee is very forgiving of Bob's shortcomings 😂

Where does Erica live, could she not hide her wedding stuff there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Where does Erica live, could she not hide her wedding stuff there?

She was probably surprised by the arrival time. I mean, how many couriers deliver on a Sunday? Carrigstown must be a great place to live. On Sunday's you can; meet with your solicitor (in Vinos or The Pig), get your car serviced;have your hair done;have coffee in the packed community centre;meet the entire population in Spar while reading the user instructions on a carton of milk.

I wonder how Comet is doing now? All Mondo does is float around like a bag in the wind trying not to offend Melanie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

I wonder how Comet is doing now? All Mondo does is float around like a bag in the wind trying not to offend Melanie.
    You would need to be watching everything you say and do with that lady so as not to cause offence.

I'm struggling to see an issue with storing the wedding boxes. I understand why the salon is an issue but the garage? Sure half the country have stored kids Christmas presents in work for all of December! And anyway wherever Erica lives would be a better place since she's going to need a packing station to fulfill the eBay orders she's going to get! Maybe that's a bit overambitious, I'm sure she's going to be stuck with them as unsellable, perhaps we need Bella's Bazzar back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Erica should keep all the wedding 'bits' as she calls them. Maybe herself and Doug might take the plunge down the line.

Did she sell all the Emu oil she purchased a few months ago I wonder.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement